Send Topic Print
The Upside! (Read 34 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
The Upside!
09/23/20 at 10:43:46

Okay,, the stove misbehaved and I have ordered a new one,, Its lasted 14 years and is chipped, doesnt match the Samsung Stainless fridge, so, Gettin a new one,,

Im not ditchin the old one,, Since Im working to get back on the road, and have plans for things Ive welded,, Im seein some home brew coatings, baked on,, AND I wont get killed by the wife!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: The Upside!
Reply #1 - 09/23/20 at 15:10:19

Sounds good!

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 09/23/20 at 18:02:02

Get a powder coating gun from Eastwood....and you can spend a lot of time making crappy looking stuff shiny!

I have an oven in the garage for doing that, and it works well.  There is a bit of a learning curve to find out how to get the powder on, how to get the grease out of porous parts (you may think it is clean and grease free until the heat pulls the grease out of the small cracks and pits).  You also can get water stuck in cracks and pits and when you are scrubbing parts, and then when you start baking the water comes spitting out and ruins the finish.

You can coat clean and shiny parts - but the powder coats parts that have a rough sandblast surface easier.....and it stick better once cured.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 09/23/20 at 18:41:50

Awwrite, so, prep it, bake it, check it out?
Hose stuff with parts cleaner?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 11:12:53

General CategoryThe Cafe › The Upside!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.