Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
And RBG bites the big one - RIP RBG. (Read 490 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: And RBG bites the big one - RIP RBG.
Reply #60 - 10/01/20 at 04:52:11

voter ID laws are just another part of the GOP disenfranchisement of voters who they don't want to vote.

OHH, DO expound on THAT,,
I want you to explain just exactly how asking someone for THE Very Same Identification that is REQUIRED to get on ANY govt. aid, or open a banl accpunt, cash a check, rent a car, get on an airplane,, OHH, DO explain it,, oh please ,,Ohh PLease,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #61 - 10/01/20 at 14:47:10

Because the voter ID laws are arbitrary in what ID's are required, and they are designed to affect the people who would not vote GOP substantially more. In fact the current system works pretty well because over the past 30 years voter fraud in the US elections is vanishingly rare.

Trump set up a commission after the 2016 election due to his claims of 'millions' of fraudulent votes and the commission was disbanded having found nothing. This current attempt is simply Trump creating a background to contest the election, but it won't work because he will lose in a landslide, but your fragile democracy still loses, because you buy into the bs.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #62 - 10/01/20 at 15:00:46

Because the voter ID laws are arbitrary in what ID's are required, and they are designed to affect the people who would not vote GOP substantially more.

Arbitrary?

In what way?
A Photo ID that would suffice for opening a checking account is Arbitrary now?

and they are designed to affect the people who would not vote GOP ..

So,, people who woud need government assistance are targeted?
Who are you saying would vote GOP?
You cant even get IN a federal building without a photo id,,
YOu cant get Social security,, Welfare, medicare, food stamps,,
So,, wanna try again?
Do you even KNOW what parts of daily life in America have built into them a legal requirement for a Photo ID?

AWW Hayull! YOu Got Me!

You cant be hired without a photo ID,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #63 - 10/01/20 at 21:54:37

Arbitrary?

In what way?

Different States have different laws, if they were solid then the ID laws would be done in such a way that minorities are not disadvantaged. similar to marijuana offences, people are arbitrarily arrested or not charged mostly depending on their minority status.

These are simply facts, if you don't give a sh!t that minorities are disenfranchised, that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion but don't hide behind bullshit. Because the facts are that voter fraud is almost non existent to the point of irrelevance.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #64 - 10/02/20 at 07:01:03

eau de sauvage wrote on 10/01/20 at 21:54:37:
.../Different States have different laws,  

Yep, like MN,
where one DOES NOT NEED,
to prove one is a Citizen,
just 'check a box',
to Vote.

BUT, if selected for JURY duty,
One MUST PROVE Beyond a shadow of a doubt.
that you are NOT, a Citizen,
to not serve.

(For Eegore, excepting the standard exceptions)

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #65 - 10/02/20 at 12:16:48

eau de sauvage wrote on 10/01/20 at 21:54:37:
Arbitrary?

In what way?

Different States have different laws, if they were solid then the ID laws would be done in such a way that minorities are not disadvantaged. similar to marijuana offences, people are arbitrarily arrested or not charged mostly depending on their minority status.

These are simply facts, if you don't give a sh!t that minorities are disenfranchised, that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion but don't hide behind bullshit. Because the facts are that voter fraud is almost non existent to the point of irrelevance.

Some4 states require ID,, some dont
Thats different, awwrite..

Why is it
Disenfranchising
anyone to require a state issued photo ID to vote?

Canr get on welfare without it,,
Cant open a bank account\
Buy booze
Ciggarettes
Many things,, like getting IN a federal building,,
Youre Choosing to fail to grasp the obvious, because
Youre a lefty.
Here, let me help ya,,
It Is NOT in any way Racist or somehow against anyone who would be more likely to vote one way or the other.
There is only one treason to keep this ridiculous pretense up.. And that is because the chaos created in the system by NOT demanding voter ID favors democrats,,

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #66 - 10/02/20 at 13:35:09

You keep forgetting that voting Fraud is negligible to the point of virtually non existent and it's been that way for at least the past 30 years. End of.

What you need is enforcement and improvement of the voting rights act.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #67 - 10/02/20 at 18:54:57

You keep forgetting that voting Fraud is negligible to the point of virtually non existent..

So you say,, repeatedly,,

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #68 - 10/02/20 at 21:23:19

Not me, I go by Benjamin Ginsburg, and in fact Trump's own phoney commission after the 2016 election found nothing and was disbanded, this is after Trump claim "millions and millions" of fake ballots.

The president’s words make his and the Republican Party’s rhetoric look less like sincere concern — and more like transactional hypocrisy designed to provide an electoral advantage. And they come as Republicans trying to make their cases in courts must deal with the basic truth that four decades of dedicated investigation have produced only isolated incidents of election fraud.

These are painful conclusions for me to reach. Before retiring from law practice last month, I spent 38 years in the GOP’s legal trenches. I was part of the 1990s redistricting that ended 40 years of Democratic control and brought 30 years of GOP successes in Congress and state legislatures. I played a central role in the 2000 Florida recount and several dozen Senate, House and state contests. I served as counsel to all three Republican national party committees and represented four of the past six Republican presidential nominees (including, through my law firm, Trump 2020).

Each Election Day since 1984, I’ve been in precincts looking for voting violations, or in Washington helping run the nationwide GOP Election Day operations, overseeing the thousands of Republican lawyers and operatives each election on alert for voting fraud. In every election, Republicans have been in polling places and vote tabulation centers. Republican lawyers in every state have been able to examine mail-in/absentee ballot programs.

You should read the whole article if you really give a toss about what is...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/09/08/republicans-have-insuffici...

This is someone who headed up a team of lawyers looking for election fraud for 30 years.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #69 - 10/02/20 at 21:32:47

And...

The Trump 2016 campaign, of which I was not a part, could produce no hard evidence of systemic fraud. Trump established a Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity in 2017 to expose all the fraud he maintains permeates our elections. He named the most vociferous hunters of Democratic election fraud to run the commission. It disbanded without finding anything.

https://apnews.com/article/f5f6a73b2af546ee97816bb35e82c18d

https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/presidential-advisory-commission-election...

The Heritage Foundation Election Fraud Database has compiled every instance of any kind of voter fraud it could find since 1982. It contains 1,296 incidents, a minuscule percentage of the votes cast. A study of results in three states where all voters are mailed actual ballots, a practice at the apex of the president’s outrage, found just 372 possible cases of illegal voting of 14.6 million cast in the 2016 and 2018 general elections — 0.000025 percent.

https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud

Voter Fraud is Effectively Non Existent. And that's not me saying it, it's Trump's own commission. It's government documented fact base reports.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #70 - 10/02/20 at 22:24:32

"Voter Fraud is Effectively Non Existent. And that's not me saying it, it's Trump's own commission. It's government documented fact base reports."

If we have learned one thing it is that anything Trump's commission's material finds out is only to be use when you disagree with someone else.  If WH Trump directed research does not reveal the results we want... ignore it.'

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #71 - 10/03/20 at 00:03:08

@Eegore,

What is so pathetic is the obviousness that the only point of the accusation of voter fraud is to pander to Trump's clinical narcissistic needs. That the GOP is willing to trash their democracy and lower themselves and their status on the world stage to the point of being a joke, is, quite frankly unbelievable. History will not be kind to Trump but we have yet to see the what the Senate will bring, there will be a lot of anger at ramming through Barrett and electors know that it's only through their Senators that they can fix it.

The looming 'voter fraud' court fights will be non existent due to the result being a landslide.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #72 - 10/03/20 at 06:58:08

eau de sauvage wrote on 10/02/20 at 21:32:47:
And...

The Trump 2016 campaign, of which I was not a part, could produce no hard evidence of systemic fraud. Trump established a Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity in 2017 to expose all the fraud he maintains permeates our elections. He named the most vociferous hunters of Democratic election fraud to run the commission. It disbanded without finding anything.

https://apnews.com/article/f5f6a73b2af546ee97816bb35e82c18d

https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/presidential-advisory-commission-election...

The Heritage Foundation Election Fraud Database has compiled every instance of any kind of voter fraud it could find since 1982. It contains 1,296 incidents, a minuscule percentage of the votes cast. A study of results in three states where all voters are mailed actual ballots, a practice at the apex of the president’s outrage, found just 372 possible cases of illegal voting of 14.6 million cast in the 2016 and 2018 general elections — 0.000025 percent.

https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud

Voter Fraud is Effectively Non Existent. And that's not me saying it, it's Trump's own commission. It's government documented fact base reports.

When Trump wins (which I still think is a higher likelihood, watch how quickly those like our Australian friend  turn on a dime and suddenly find evidence of widespread voting fraud.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #73 - 10/03/20 at 15:27:53

WM, see above posts, voting fraud is as good as non existent. That isn't going to change depending on who wins the election, that is just an example of your projection.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #74 - 10/03/20 at 16:44:19

eau de sauvage wrote on 10/03/20 at 15:27:53:
"... voting fraud is as good as non existent. ...".  

LOLOL That's the same THING that a, snag dole bludger Drongo, would SAY about:
Benghazi had Nothing to do with the SOS.

Grin
Grin
Grin
Grin
Grin
Grin
Grin
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/09/24 at 04:13:26

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › And RBG bites the big one - RIP RBG.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.