Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
math is not my strong suit! (Read 45 times)
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
math is not my strong suit!
09/16/20 at 08:33:13

Dumb question...
I have the Kawa mod on the front pulley, Pirelli MT66 tires so the 140/90 taller tire.
Of course the speedo is off with the new pulley so I'm guessing the odometer is too. Speedo was spot on with just the taller rear tire.

No biggie other than I've noticed that when filling up the tank I seem to be MORE empty than the old days before the pulley swap.
Not really an earth shattering revelation but I was wondering if those 2 mods mean I'm getting better or worse gas mileage?

anyone? Tongue

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: math is not my strong suit!
Reply #1 - 09/16/20 at 09:01:45

That depends on whether you're a jackrabbit or a turtle.
...but also,.. if your speedo thinks you are going 50 miles but your tire is going 60 miles, your gas tank will believe your tire.
Are you gauging fuel use on the odometer?...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #2 - 09/16/20 at 09:18:41

Oh yeah, I should have mentioned that...I usually fill up on the 100 mile mark so like 25100-25200...haha...
I guess I could use a GPS to know the actual miles but I'm an analog kinda guy.
As for the first question...depends on the day...usually jackrabbit when having a good day, turtle when in traffic...lol

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 09/16/20 at 09:54:03

Grin Grin Grin

Yeah,... if you are trying to get the  same acceleration off the line with the taller gearing you will use a bit more gas,.. on the other hand, steady 60 mph cruising may give better than stock.
But it's all pretty good for such a fun ride, eh?... Cool

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #4 - 09/16/20 at 10:09:47

No complaints at all...
I just figured someone would chime in and say "you big doofus, of course you get better and or worse mileage with those mods..."

As it stand now, I'm really happy with the taller gearing...makes the occasional highway jaunt way less hectic and the times I tear it up in the mtn twisties I can hardly tell any difference in low end grunt plus I can keep twisting the throttle into the higher RPM's w/o having to shift every 2 seconds...so now I shift maybe every 3 seconds...lol

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 09/16/20 at 12:07:31

if your speedo thinks you are going 50 miles but your tire is going 60 miles, your gas tank will believe your tire.

Made me laugh,, dangitt,, thats funny..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/05/24 at 10:38:57

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › math is not my strong suit!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.