Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Broke a tube in the carb - what is it called? (Read 49 times)
HBTim
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Huntington Beach, Ca
Broke a tube in the carb - what is it called?
09/13/20 at 07:50:04

There is a tube that I broke putting the bowl back on that slides through the gasket and up into the bowl. I appeared to have placed the gasket in the wrong way (wrong side down) to allow this tube to fit through. It bent it and when I tried carefully to bend back it broke. I had to use the right size drill bit and fit it in by hand and turned it out careful to not score the side walls. Now I cannot find any thing any where to buy one or what it is called, It does not show up on any schem's that I have looked at online.

It is just above the pilot jet along the bowl gasket and to the left looking at the carb with the float needle at the bottom.

I can get a picture in here if needed.

There is a picture of it in this thread when you get to float needle. If you look at the arrow that points to the main jet just right of the arrow while it is going down.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1098869040

Good lord, probably over explaining. Undecided

IP Logged
ckahleer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Broke a tube in the carb - what is it called?
Reply #1 - 09/13/20 at 09:11:45

I beleive that is the tube that picks up fuel for the choke. It was not designed to be a replaceable part. You may be looking at replacing the carb body or get a junk carb and try removing that tube,

IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Reply #2 - 09/13/20 at 12:28:27

Concur with ckahleer.  Fuel supply to enrichment circuit.  If you live in a warm climate you might possibly be able to get by without the tube.  It will be hard to start cold, but once warmed up it may not be a problem.  Try it.  It's not that hard to R&R the carb.

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
HBTim
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Huntington Beach, Ca
Reply #3 - 09/14/20 at 07:35:44

dang... Sucks. Ok. well, I guess I have no choices here. Maybe find one I can remove and replace.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 09/14/20 at 12:00:54

Next time, place the gasket on whatever has the crap pokin out.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/20/24 at 18:48:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Broke a tube in the carb - what is it called?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.