Send Topic Print
Details (Read 30 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Details
09/10/20 at 06:17:07

I saw a brief story about Biden’s “comprehensive” energy plan, so I read a bit more.
Much like him as a Presidential candidate to begin with, it’s a joke. Here’s a quote from The Manhattan Contarian.

Read through the whole thing, and you will find next-to-no specifics as to how such goals might be accomplished.  However, if you do get deep enough into the document, you will begin to realize that the promises made depend totally on fantasies about the development of technologies that don’t currently exist and in all likelihood never will exist, at least in any economically viable form:

Bring together America’s top talent to innovate on climate. . . by target[ing] affordable, game-changing technologies . . .:

grid-scale storage at one-tenth the cost of lithium-ion batteries; . . .
refrigeration and air conditioning using refrigerants with no global warming potential;
zero net energy buildings at zero net cost;
using renewables to produce carbon-free hydrogen at the same cost as that from shale gas;
decarbonizing industrial heat needed to make steel, concrete, and chemicals. . . .

And on and on and on.  Or maybe, you could just “bring together America’s top talent” to make fairy dust.  Of course, if any of these things were actually feasible and economical, “America’s top talent” would already have developed them, or at least would be far along in the process.  The whole nature of a freedom-based economic system (aka capitalism) is that good ideas that are feasible and economical get developed without need for government intervention or assistance.  The fact that none of these things are anywhere near fruition tells you all you need to know.

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Re: Details
Reply #1 - 09/10/20 at 07:11:34

I find it telling how articles examining the personal virtues of Biden literally struggle to find good things to say about the man. In most cases the writes resort to saying generic meaninglessness such as "BIDEN COMES FROM A GOOD AMERICAN FAMILY"
Really? That's all you can come up with?
It doesn't even say anything about the man.

As for his stance on the environment just look at the state of Delaware. The urbanized northern part of the state is dotted with superfund sites created by DuPont and then transferred to one its subsidiaries (shell companies) to avoid EPA sanctions. Tainted groundwater, toxic soils etc. and the state doesn't dare fuss over it in fear of losing DuPont business. Same goes for all the refinery companies and pharmaceutical factories that pollute the air in the same region.

If Delaware is such a polluted craphole what faith can you have in Biden to do better for the country?

And the part that gets me is how that state is allowing toxic sites to be redeveloped with hardly any remediation. Down the street from me across the border in Delaware there was a huge steel mill which was demolished a year ago. They're going to redevelop the property into a huge complex of light industrial, commercial and residential development.
The residential part is going up along the river in the site of the former mill's toxic waste leaching ponds. They've been trucking in dirt to fill in the ponds for a year now. Right alongside this area is a creek. Right across the creek is a mile-long refinery who's waste products are pumped into the creek. And just upstream from this area is the sewage treatment plant for my community which discharges into the same creek.
Anybody who moves into this new residential cesspool is going to end up with cancer, birth defects, diseases and probably turn into the Toxic Avenger.
But this is the story all over that state which is in the middle of a huge building boom. All of this construction is on or near polluted land and within spitting distance of refineries, pharma factories or both.
How they're getting away with it all? Biden.

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 09/10/20 at 07:56:40

Or maybe, you could just “bring together America’s top talent” to make fairy dust.

I'm all for it.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #3 - 09/10/20 at 09:30:11

Eegore wrote on 09/10/20 at 07:56:40:
Or maybe, you could just “bring together America’s top talent” to make fairy dust.
 I'm all for it.  

Well then you need to get in touch with the Mayor of Mpls,
as well as the Mpls Police Chief, and the Mpls Counsel members.
Might as well touch base with Keith Ellison and Ilhan Omar also.

Cause all those, have found some supply, (or someone is making it for them)
Cause they are sprinkling Fairy Dust All Over !!!!!
And they totally believe it is working.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 04:15:33

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Details

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.