Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Days are getting shorter.....fast! (Read 42 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Days are getting shorter.....fast!
09/06/20 at 03:09:44

We are getting far less daylight each day - and it is incredibly noticeable for me this year.  I looked at Accuweather and we are currently losing 3 minutes of daylight every day......it only takes 10 days to lose 30 minutes of daylight!

We are also having lower temperatures and heavy dew each night, and it is necessary to wait until late after to mow the yard or do any work in the yard......unless you don't mind soggy work boots!

The motorcycle rides are starting to be more pleasant as the temps are no longer in the 90's.........high 60's and middle 70's are common, with far lower humidity.

September is good riding weather here in KY, October begins to get a bit cool and wet, November provides an occasional chance to get out for an hour or two.  Snow and salt on the roads comes in December and normally causes the end of the riding season until the spring rains in April wash the salt off the roads - every now and then snow comes late and I can get in a few cold weather rides in December.  January, February and March are definitely the "down time" for my riding season and the heavy bike maintenance is done while the bikes are dormant.  (Early March can be in the 20's and snowy for a few days and then 50 degrees later in the week......the constant freeze/thaw cycles is very hard on our roads and makes a lot of potholes, and a lot of salt on the roads as the snow melts during the day and the freezing temperatures overnight can make for a lot of ice).

Overall it has been a good riding year for me so far.  I got to go on a trip to Suches, GA and to Robbinsville, NC with MM Ranch early in the year, Stewmills and his niece Emmi stopped by my house and we went for a couple of nice rides, I have been taking lots of day rides when I don't have chores to do, my wife and I have been taking a bike for our Friday date night when the weather permits, and we have a group ride in Jasper Arkansas next week!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Re: Days are getting shorter.....fast!
Reply #1 - 09/06/20 at 06:05:49

I swear the title was "Daves are getting shorter...fast!"  I clicked on it and immediately realized that my brain tricked me!  LOL

Pretty much the same riding season for me, but I suffer through some colder mornings.  I use my bike almost exclusively for commuting to work and I'll usually tough out some cold mornings if it means I get a nice afternoon ride home.  

This year has been different because it's 2020, the year of craziness.  My time in the office has been reduced to every other day.  I am riding a lot less overall, but find myself using the bike as much as possible for small errands and such.

« Last Edit: 09/06/20 at 15:59:02 by ohiomoto »  
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 09/06/20 at 07:58:00

ohiomoto wrote on 09/06/20 at 06:05:49:
I swear the title was "Daves are getting shorter...fast!"  

Gravity sucks... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 09/06/20 at 12:57:31

I am getting to the age where there will be some shrinkage.

But my waist seems to be getting bigger!

Wink

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #4 - 09/06/20 at 14:24:25

Thats called middle aged spread Dave but we will let you blame it on the pandemic.  Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 09:31:47

General CategoryThe Cafe › Days are getting shorter.....fast!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.