Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Dang it’s hard to get old (Read 147 times)
Bokobob

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Gastonia, NC
Re: Dang it’s hard to get old
Reply #15 - 09/05/20 at 07:24:38

You are encouraging...You don't say your age but obviously you seem to be getting up there.....At 84, I am physically not able to do ANY strenuous work (even the slightest - heart very weak) but still change my own oil and filter and do thing such as removing the speedometer for repair and then reinstalling it, etc.

I applaud you for staying in the game.  I am there in spirit and as said, for easy stuff, in body as well...

Ride on.

Bob
84 and still riding
2009 S40 650, and Rebel 250
Gastonia, NC
  IP Logged
Dennisgb

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Maplewood MN
Re: Dang it’s hard to get old
Reply #16 - 09/05/20 at 08:57:56

Bokobob wrote on 09/05/20 at 07:24:38:
You are encouraging...You don't say your age but obviously you seem to be getting up there.....At 84, I am physically not able to do ANY strenuous work (even the slightest - heart very weak) but still change my own oil and filter and do thing such as removing the speedometer for repair and then reinstalling it, etc.

I applaud you for staying in the game.  I am there in spirit and as said, for easy stuff, in body as well...

Ride on.

Awesome! 84 that’s amazing.

I’m a young 68. Have had multiple surgeries over the past few years. Am fused at multiple levels. I now know that I shouldn’t have been so crazy on motorcycles in my younger days. Arthritis in my hands and bad eyesight make it difficult but not impossible for me to work on my toys.

Rebuilding engines was commonplace for me just a few years ago, now it’s a major project.

I actually turned the key on this one yesterday. It started right up. I did all the carb and exhaust mods so was quite pleased when it started and idled. Still finishing the exhaust mounting but should actually ride it today.  Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/05/24 at 08:22:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dang it’s hard to get old

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.