Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New improved RYCA Cafe kit on BikeExif (Read 181 times)
Edub

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Arizona
New improved RYCA Cafe kit on BikeExif
08/30/20 at 00:24:55

i didn't see this posted, so I figured I'd share it:

https://www.bikeexif.com/ryca-motors-cs-1x?omhide=true

It has a number of changes, including a new tank, intake, and sidepanels, as well as numerous detail changes over the CS-1.  I checked RYCA's site, but they haven't posted much about it yet, and no word regarding whether individual parts will be sold, but it's good to see that they're still showing the Savage some love!

IP Logged
Fast 650

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Valrico, FL
Re: New improved RYCA Cafe kit on BikeExif
Reply #1 - 08/31/20 at 10:49:34

What were they thinking with that intake tube? It is directly above a hot exhaust pipe and runs alongside a hot cylinder. Heat soak would heat the incoming air making it less dense, effectively drawing in less air then.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #2 - 08/31/20 at 10:57:29

Stupid looking bike.

But, what do you expect from what has apparently now become a vaporware company.

Oh, well.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 08/31/20 at 15:22:39

I'll never understand the Fenderless movement. The grit off the road hittin me in a turn is uncomfortable, I cant imahine that fat front tire on a wet road and trying to see. It looks uncomfortable,, and I Guess that tank holds even less fuel than the stock one,, How convenient..
Maybe the rear set on the pegs works out,, I cant see where the end of the peg is,, I like the stock setup,, but I would not mind a raer set, just to reposition the legs, give the knees a different angle for a few minutes,,
I think Ill look at that idea when, ( IF) I get a bike on the road again,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Edub

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Arizona
Reply #4 - 08/31/20 at 15:44:49

Fast 650 wrote on 08/31/20 at 10:49:34:
What were they thinking with that intake tube? It is directly above a hot exhaust pipe and runs alongside a hot cylinder. Heat soak would heat the incoming air making it less dense, effectively drawing in less air then.

I agree, that's not something I'd do on my own bike.  I dig some of the other changes they made, though.  The tank is a 2.4 gallon size, and I rather like it.  That's about .4 gallons less thank stock, but if you're building a cafe racer, that may not be a big deal.  I'd probably use a flat track or other low-rise handlebar.

The fenderless thing bugs a lot of people, I get it.  I wouldn't run without it, but I also understand that this bike was built in California, where it doesn't rain very often.  Heck, in my area, it rains even less frequently, so maybe it really depends on one's location and use case, more than anything.

The rearsets look identical to the ones RYCA has used before, so I expect them to be the same.  Different strokes for different folks; I personally cannot ride a bike with forwards for more than a few minutes before my back starts spasming.  

Regarding the tires, not really my thing, but those Shinkos supposedly stick a bit better than the Firestone replicas people were running a few years ago.  I'd probably use something a bit stickier if it was my bike.  Still, I think the overall effect of the bike is pretty cool, and I like the lines of the new tank better than the modified tank they used previously.

Not seeing the vaporware comment; RYCA's been around for 10 years... am I missing something?  Always a possibility in my case.  Smiley

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #5 - 08/31/20 at 16:34:18

Quote:
Not seeing the vaporware comment; RYCA's been around for 10 years... am I missing something?

Take a stroll through their website. It doesn't appear that they are really in the motorcycle business anymore. Almost everything is flagged as "out of stock".

I'd be surprised if you could even order one of their kits anymore. I might be mistaken but that's the way it looks to me.

I think this software product that they are looking for investors for is their new business. The site is pretty vague on the details about that too.

Kind of a shame really. There have been some very nice bikes put together by some members of this site using their kits.

IP Logged
SpamyToo

Reply #6 - 08/31/20 at 21:35:19

I think they are calling it Fantomview.  It will be pretty cool but I think it will lend itself to companies like Harley and just dealer use.  Its pretty expensive to use and have a subscription to.  So I imagine that cost will be pushed on to the companies that want to have their parts in the database.  So it seems hard to imagine that it will have much in the way of very custom stuff, just a view to see how the big name brand stuff will look on your bike.  

And I imagine they wont put all bikes in the database especially going back 50 years.  So it will probably be just for the big dollar, big sales bikes.

I think the money from the LS650 stuff has been drying up for a while and with their background and added AR guy they have a pretty good footing for making it work out.  Im sure it will pan out for them, they are pretty smart and did a great job with the Savage.

WWW   IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #7 - 08/31/20 at 23:00:35

I left a note on Bikexif, that due to the cancellation of the S40, they should turn the corner and and take on getting the 'butt-ugly' out of the much newer Rebel 500 ! (world's ugliest bike!). They probably won't !
Cheers!  Cool

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #8 - 09/01/20 at 07:08:38

from Ryca's prospectus:

"Will the CS-1X Kit be available for sale after the campaign? Is the bike included?

We are offering 5 Limited Edition kits to investors at the $20k investment level. A small production run after the campaign is possible, but not guaranteed. The bike is not included, but can be built using any year model of Suzuki S40/Savage as a “donor” bike. "

So, 20k investment if you want the new kit. Plus whatever you pay for the donor bike. Pretty pricey little cafe bike IMHO.

Assuming it actually ever happens.

IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Netherlands   Den Haag
Reply #9 - 09/01/20 at 07:34:49

it is creative to rake in 20,000 that way.  Shocked

But there are other topic.s that need attention now.
For example the one about the yoda cluch mod, where very little has been written about. Roll Eyes

Do what you know is right. (you can always use fear as a counselor later)
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #10 - 09/01/20 at 07:46:36

zevenenergie wrote on 09/01/20 at 07:34:49:
it is creative to rake in 20,000 that way.  Shocked

But there are other topic.s that need attention now.
For example the one about the yoda cluch mod, where very little has been written about. Roll Eyes

So you are telling me to stop commenting on a thread that interests me, and say something regarding one that I have no interest in ?

I'm pretty sure there is sufficient room on here for both.

IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Netherlands   Den Haag
Reply #11 - 09/01/20 at 09:19:21

I was just playing a bit.

I find the rebel 500 an intresting bike if you can modify it.
Look at what is posible:

Do what you know is right. (you can always use fear as a counselor later)
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 09/01/20 at 09:32:16

oldNslow wrote on 09/01/20 at 07:08:38:
from Ryca's prospectus:

"Will the CS-1X Kit be available for sale after the campaign? Is the bike included?

We are offering 5 Limited Edition kits to investors at the $20k investment level. A small production run after the campaign is possible, but not guaranteed. The bike is not included, but can be built using any year model of Suzuki S40/Savage as a “donor” bike. "

So, 20k investment if you want the new kit. Plus whatever you pay for the donor bike. Pretty pricey little cafe bike IMHO.

Assuming it actually ever happens.
-----------------

Sure, it's a hight price to pay for a cafe kit, but you wouldn't invest 20k just for a kit.  That 20k investment might be worth more than any cafe racer ever will if their vision takes off.

On the other hand, if what they are selling is that solid, they would have venture capitalist knocking on their door and they wouldn't need kits.  I guess it's just their way to market and crowdfund the project.

IP Logged
Edub

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Arizona
Reply #13 - 09/01/20 at 12:46:36

Excellent points, ohiomoto.  I'm more interested in looking at that tank.  It looks like it is one of those you see on amazon quite regularly, and using a detail similar to the one you did on your outstanding build thread, it seems it would be pretty straightforward to install, which is actually pretty cool.  Do you happen to have the fuel capacity of your tank off the top of your head?  I really loved what you did on your bike.

IP Logged
Edub

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Arizona
Reply #14 - 09/01/20 at 12:50:54

zevenenergie wrote on 09/01/20 at 09:19:21:
I was just playing a bit.

I find the rebel 500 an intresting bike if you can modify it.
Look at what is posible:

https://i.imgur.com/vSGuPG9l.jpg

I saw your post, I wrote one on there, too!  Interesting image you posted.  My biggest beef with the Rebel is the tank, which I find absolutely hideous.  Fix that, and the bike isn't too bad.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 15:45:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New improved RYCA Cafe kit on BikeExif

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.