Send Topic Print
Tank Bags?? (Read 137 times)
TrevorKlein

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tank Bags??
08/18/20 at 11:01:40

Need A Cheap busa bag for a 500-mile ride Sad Sad
Please share some low priced tank bags which can at least last the 500-mile ride plus share the links from where I can buy..

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Tank Bags??
Reply #1 - 08/18/20 at 20:04:57

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnetic-Motorcycle-Motorbike-Oil-Fuel-Tank-Bag-Wate...

I've turned the side flaps in-under the bottom , wrapped the strap under the triple-tree , then zip-tie the rear of the bag to the rear tank mount.

at first I didn't have those "Flaps" tucked away but you can see why they needed to be "put" somewhere  !  Smiley    It's water resistance  not water  proof , You can spray it with  scotch-guard

lucky_2020_2mp_002.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 08/18/20 at 21:38:51

Dude,, Your lawyer is gonna tear you a new one if you dont give that guuy the full story,,

Full Disclosure
Applying that bag to your bike will not turn it into a fancyass Guzzi..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #3 - 08/19/20 at 07:23:59

Hay , that bag will work on a Savage too !   Shocked    Its been REALLY HANDY on the Guzzi.

Any Tank bag is going to cover the Speedometer , so my suggestion is not going to make his speeding ticket any less !   Wink

TrevorKlein
A 500 mile day turns into a full day of ridding !   This your first long trip ?

And JOG
Thanks for the complement on the Guzzi !  it does look better with the tank-bag-side-flaps tucked under it.

??? What about a Tail Bag ???    
or
Just use a big fanny pack run across the mirror mounts ?

Savage2mp.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
TrevorKlein

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 08/25/20 at 11:09:37

I checked the internet but I could not find anything cheaper than this.
https://www.vikingbags.com/survival-series-motorcycle-tank-bags.htm
Please let me know if it can be placed on busa tank?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9nse38b9rk&t=1s

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #5 - 08/25/20 at 19:46:18

All the tank bags I've seen are magnet mount .   Ya got to be careful not to get debris on the surface that touches the tank .   You can pull the magnets out to clean it if you need to.

That looks just like the $24.00 one I pointed out on Ebay .   It will mount to any metal tank.  

Just like a magnet octopus latching on to any steel it can find.   I've tucked the side flaps and front flap up-under the bag to hide them but the magnets are still working.

That shoulder strap can be run under the bottom of the triple tree then back to the other side of the bag like a safety strap.   The bag come off  really quick to take it with you when you leave the bike too.   Wink

stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #6 - 08/26/20 at 07:49:35

MMRanch wrote on 08/25/20 at 19:46:18:
All the tank bags I've seen are magnet mount .   Ya got to be careful not to get debris on the surface that touches the tank

On my Ninja, what I did was get some of the clear self adhesive drawer liner, lay it on the tank and trace around where the bags lay, then nicely cut and paste the liner onto the VERY CLEAN tank, then stick the tank bag on top of that. Sticks perfectly and protects any rubbing directly on the paint.  Cool

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
TrevorKlein

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 12/23/22 at 03:36:40

Guys, I know it is not so active lately, and please do not berate me for asking, I will create a new forum if I do not get the response here. Have any of you tried to install a sissy bar https://www.vikingbags.com/motorcycle-sissy-bars? It will be greatly helpful to carry more things without bulging the bike. Anyone?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #8 - 12/23/22 at 07:07:15

While viking shows the entire suzuki line, it doesn't show a single sissy bar for suzuki.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #9 - 12/23/22 at 09:01:43

TrevorKlein

Ya got to be REALLY CAREFULL about mounting luggage to a "Sissy Bar".

If ya look you will see all the luggage weight on motorcycles is mounted LOW as possible.    

You get "TOP-HEAVY" and you'll go down super easy !  

You can lay a Duffle bag across the seat ... but you better not stand it up !

The Savages had removeable backrest made into the fender rails.   If you can find a pair of them on ebay , that would be your easiest option.   Its a direct bolt up thing.

Merry Christmas and good luck  Smiley

Yes , that's a BF Goodrich Radial GT car tire ... in 145/80-15

SavageYellow.JPG

springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #10 - 12/30/22 at 17:22:16

I have a sissy bar bag that i have used on the s40 but i put the bag itself on the passenger seat and the bag height on the seat is about up to my shoulders when I ma on the bike. it makes a good back rest. The straps will loosen as you ride so check them at each gas stop and re-tighten as needed. bike definitely handles better without the bag on the back but ideally your remove the bag when yuo get to your riding destination. oh, i bought the leather one, you are better off with the faux leather one as it is waterproof. enjoy your ride.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
wheelbender6

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 12/31/22 at 07:33:02

MMRanch wrote on 08/19/20 at 07:23:59:
Hay , that bag will work on a Savage too !

Any Tank bag is going to cover the Speedometer , so my suggestion is not going to make his speeding ticket any less !   Wink

You can use your phone for a speedo while using the tank bag. Many speedo apps are free.

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #12 - 01/02/23 at 13:45:44

MMRanch wrote on 12/23/22 at 09:01:43:
TrevorKlein

Ya got to be REALLY CAREFULL about mounting luggage to a "Sissy Bar".

If ya look you will see all the luggage weight on motorcycles is mounted LOW as possible.    

You get "TOP-HEAVY" and you'll go down super easy !  

You can lay a Duffle bag across the seat ... but you better not stand it up !
----------

I don't know about that considering you can put a PERSON on the rear seat.  
Search up kiwicruisette on here or on Instagram.  She rode a Savage across the country and back with camping gear.  She intended to hit every state but I think she had to skip a couple of NE states due to snow.  

https://www.advpulse.com/adv-rides/rider-loses-job-to-covid-so-she-set-off-on...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #13 - 01/03/23 at 11:54:51

Had a tank bag once.
Didn't Like it.
Swore to be more careful with the brakes after that.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #14 - 01/03/23 at 12:26:05

Tank bags are particularly useful when touring to store earplugs, cameras, gloves, sunglasses, and a map pocket is a nice touch.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/23/24 at 22:10:40

General CategoryThe Cafe › Tank Bags??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.