Slave owners (Read 192 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Slave owners
Reply #15 - 08/17/20 at 05:48:21

Serowbot wrote on 08/16/20 at 09:54:05:
Trump is the antithesis of a Constitutional conservative...

Correct, and that's the best aspect of him.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #16 - 08/17/20 at 11:36:39

eau de sauvage wrote on 08/16/20 at 15:46:09:
...  all human beings are cousins. ...

That's right, believe is it up to 1/1250th.

BUT, not all Human Beings are Drongos

Grin
Grin
Grin
Grin
Grin
Grin
Grin
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #17 - 08/17/20 at 16:36:42

WTF IS wrong with you?
I have disagreed with Trump

Well I bother to argue with idiots, so that's something that's wrong with me. With regard to you asserting you disagree with Trump, you can always say that because Trump keeps changing his positions, which you can also easily do when it suits.

Tell me something you disagree with that Trump promotes or has promoted.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 08/17/20 at 16:38:21

You should have made note of my protests when I made them,,
idiot

Even E has TOLD you of times I disagreed with TRump,,
Idiot

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #19 - 08/17/20 at 16:48:52

As I said, saying you disagreed with Trump on occasion is like Trump being endorse by Kanye West and then saying "see I can't be racist".

It's not a matter of whether you agree or disagree with Trump, it's that you use his exact same tactics, it's like you don't even speak for yourself. You only post links from right wing nut job sites, in the same way that all Trumps contentious ideas, both racist and fascist also come from nut job right wing think tanks.

Notice how the Wapo, and the NYT, also have writers that post alternative views and op eds to what the paper holds for the sake of balance. I get it that you have your extreme views that mirror the worst of Trump but you use the same bullsh!t way of making points, which is to highlight false information, and then not engage with counter arguments. It's just fcuking tiresome. Why Eegore spends so much time bashing his head against you guys when it's obvious y'all argue in bad faith is hard for me to fathom. I've asked him but I still don't understand.

Anyway I've seen how y'all answer him, in such bad faith and really just use him as a foil to push your own bullsh!t, so expecting me to attempt the same is not going to happen. I've long ago given up the fantasy that you'll ever engage in good faith. Why the hell do you think everyone with alternative views to you WM, Sri, and the like have completely stopped posting. It's because it's utterly pointless trying to have any meaningful discussion with the lot of you. If it wasn't for Eegore giving you something to bite on, you'd all just be here sucking each other d!cks which is basically all you do anyway.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 08/18/20 at 19:18:36

" Why Eegore spends so much time bashing his head against you guys when it's obvious y'all argue in bad faith is hard for me to fathom. I've asked him but I still don't understand."

You sort of answer this below:

" If it wasn't for Eegore giving you something to bite on, you'd all just be here sucking each other d!cks which is basically all you do anyway."

The internet is a great way to learn new things and exchange ideas.  However with the advent of advanced metadata and advertising revenue most interactions in the internet, primarily social media, has developed a corralling of like-minded interactions in order to more efficiently sell ads by customizing search outcomes and interaction methods.

A rudimentary explanation, but important.  For instance if I use one IP to run through "lefty" websites and media, and another IP to do the same with "conservative" websites and media - then search for the exact same topic, I will get different results.

This along with most individuals preference of hearing what they want (positive reinforcement) leads us to just see what we want to see.  So we end up talking to people with our same ideas, sharing memes we agree with, ending up in a cycle of having our opinions constantly reinforced instead of challenged.

This forum is a bit of a break from that since it's so old.  If I only hung out on law enforcement and contracting forums I'd have no idea how other people think, and even more dangerous, just have a situation where peole keep telling each other they are right.

I have no objective here beyond looking over what people present and offering my opinion.  As I have said before, I don't care to change anyone, or their minds on any subject.  

A lot of my interactions are about the accuracy of presented material, we rarely advance into why and how we feel the way we do about a subject as challenging accuracy typically just results in profanity and complaining.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #21 - 08/18/20 at 21:37:11

Bad Faith,, from a lefty,, I can hear the film walking thru the sprockets of his projector,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #22 - 08/18/20 at 21:40:50

@Eegore,

There's the rub. It's not so much what other people think, it's more how do they come to the conclusions that they do, if you want to understand anything.

For example, there are a niche group of Christians who literally believe that the Earth is 6000 years old. But if we want to understand anything it's not that people believe that, it's how exactly are they able to come to that conclusion while at the same time blithely accepting the very same science that shows how that is impossible, in their everyday life with their electronic products.

Now to bring that back to the topics discussed on these boards, it's not so much what JoG, Sri, or Mn think, or the people who read the nut job sites they link to, you won't get any insight into how they think, you already know. The insight you want if you want any insight at all, is how do they formulate their opinion.

And to get an answer to that all you really need to do it watch as much Fox News, excerpts on youtube as you can stomach without throwing up. Because it's these people who drive the mainstream loony right, then of course there's the even more loony Brietbart or Q anon.

As you say people will want to hear what they want to hear, so if you delve deeper the insight you get is that people are fundamentally very unhappy and this unhappiness comes out as a hatred for the other. It's no different to how fascism works, paint human beings as 'the other' and tap into that primal fear. But fear is just a flavour of insecurity it's a vicious cycle.

You see it when srinath, routinely uses 'libtards' when not even referring to anyone in particular, just a general dehumanising of the other. It's a rational for their hatred. But because everyone knows that is wrong because they don't want to be dehumanised, so they have to justify it with more hatred. It never ends well.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #23 - 08/19/20 at 07:06:57

Eegore wrote on 08/18/20 at 19:18:36:
...  I don't care to change anyone, or their minds on any subject.  ...

I recall a different attitude on you working to, 'change someones mind', on opening the 2A, for the purpose of re-defining it.

Don't understand how, "... shall not be infringed ..." can be refined,
unless someone wants to add; "But, this/that/and those ..."

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 08/19/20 at 14:33:00

"I recall a different attitude on you working to, 'change someones mind', on opening the 2A, for the purpose of re-defining it."

To clarify:

I do not want to change anyone's mind on this forum, specific to this forum with the exemption of all other forums.  

When discussing the Second Amendment I specifically would like to re-word the phrasing "well organized militia" or remove it.  

If someone does not agree with this - I will not try to change their mind - I do not care if they agree, I will just state my reasoning for my stance.

If a person feels I am only capable of requesting a re-phrasing of the Second Amendment for gun control measures and no other reason - I will not try to change their mind - I will however indicate that my stance for re-phrasing, to me, is not for gun-control, but for the opposite.

Again, my communication on this forum, and only in application for this forum, with no other forum or form of communication of any kind, is to share ideas.  I am not interested in change on this forum.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #25 - 08/19/20 at 17:04:08

Seems to me the amendment, while somewhat confusing for those who choose to not understand, is clear enough,,

Shall Not be infringed is pretty clear.,

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 08/19/20 at 17:46:06

It's the "well regulated militia" part that gets so many people "on the fence" to go with the restricted gun laws.

I'd rather remove that influence than fight the poor interpretations.

Like getting drugs out of the neighborhood versus teaching Johnny that drugs are bad.  I'd rather do both.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #27 - 08/19/20 at 20:46:09

Rewritten it would say what?
I agree with ya,, yeah,, Ive seen people demand an explanation that agrees with ther grasp of what REgulated means today,,
My argument to them has always been
The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
is not needing any interpretation..

So, how would ya go about the rewrite?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #28 - 08/20/20 at 01:45:16

And,, back to the topic,,
It sure LOOKS like Kamala is the direct descendant of a slave ownin family.. Making her EXACTLY one of the cancel cutures Perfectly Deserving Targets,,
Yet,, she gets a pass,,

Is it okay if I dont unnerstand that?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #29 - 08/20/20 at 08:36:59

So,, let me see if I got this right,,

Statues of Long Dead guys who did things in our nations history and owned slaves need torn down,,
But Kamala, a direct and proven descendant of slave owners is okay for a VP..
Is that about it?

Is it okay if I am a bit confused by THAT???

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 04:22:40

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Slave owners

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.