Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Trump, Evangelicals, and the Beirut blast. (Read 326 times)
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Re: Trump, Evangelicals, and the Beirut blast.
Reply #30 - 08/12/20 at 03:17:50

eau de sauvage wrote on 08/11/20 at 16:45:34:
Really, REALLY ??????
So, Killing a Human by, throwing off a cliff, abortion, stoning, bombing, flying airplanes into buildings.

You're so stupid that you make it impossible to answer. WTF are you on about. I didn't qualify anything I just said no fundamental religious belief should be forced onto others. It's even in your constitution.

even life liberty and the pursuit of happiness is in our constitution.

I just believe life should be for all. We took many years to try to figure out that slaves were alive . Now we are just trying to figure out if a baby is alive.  

I am not impossible to answer.
I just am standing by the truth.

IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #31 - 08/12/20 at 03:27:40

eau de sauvage wrote on 08/11/20 at 16:40:55:

When it comes down to it Eegore
It is taking of a life,,
It's that simple..
If child murder is not wrong,
then what is?

There you have it right there. That is your extreme religious view and the view of extreme fundamentalist Christians, and y'all are entitled to that view and to excercise your free expression of that religious view. Trouble is you wish to force that on to the majority and anything justifies that including supporting Trump who is against everything else that the evangelicals stand for.

But you say not it's not it's 'child murder', in the same manner they wail about 'creation science' that should be taught in schools. Religious schools yes, secular schools no.

Force the majority?
If I am pointing out the smoke stacks at at Auschwitz doesn't make it a factory and a majorly of people did not have a problem throwing Jews in to ovens at that time.
Does it make me wrong?
Do we want all laws by a majority?

There has to be some kind of law that transcends.  

IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #32 - 08/12/20 at 03:30:23

MnSpring wrote on 08/11/20 at 08:14:06:
Matchless G11 wrote on 08/10/20 at 16:10:20:
As Patrick McGoohan
who came up with the smashing show "The Prisoner"
once said.
“But what is the greatest evil? If you are going to epitomize evil, what is it? Is it the bomb? The greatest evil that one has to fight constantly, every minute of the day until one dies, is the worse part of oneself".

Wow, another, 'The Prisoner', watcher.
Not many understood that program.

Great show
I think Mexico's election cycle is like the episode "Free for All".

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #33 - 08/12/20 at 17:54:15

I just believe life should be for all.

And that's fine. No one is going to disagree with you. Life liberty and the pursuit of happiness and quite a few other things along those values should be universal. No right minded person would argue otherwise.

However you're twisting a religious principle which is against abortion by fundamentalist Christians, not all Christians I might add but people who take their religious doctrine literally, and you also believe it should apply to all.

And there's nothing wrong with 'believing' it should apply to all. The wrong comes when you want to 'force' that belief, via Supreme court justices who promise to do so. If abortion was actually against the Christian religion per se then there would not be 77 percent of Americans who want Roe vs Wade to remain on the books. There are nuances but basically they do not want to make it illegal.

In many Muslim countries they want to force people again to follow their personal beliefs. But then Muslims and Christians have a big history of this bullshit.

And what is ironic is that it's mainly the fervent fundamentalist Christians who want to make abortion illegal, and yet their tool for doing so is the grossly areligious Trump. Incredible hypocrisy, and one even wonders if they actually care about the issue or if it's simply a matter of imposing their beliefs, their will onto others. I mean look at Ireland, a deeply religious country yet even they understood the damage and misery their ban on abortion did.

Why force a woman to have and raise a child she doesn't want. I know plenty of people who've had abortions then at a better time have a child that they do want. Having an abortion does not mean less children are born, it may even mean more.

Maybe their wanting to ban abortion, would carry more weight if at the same time they wanted to increase child welfare, helping mothers to raise these children, and all the other attendant resources that are not there and are the very reasons why more vulnerable people choose not to have children they can't afford.

Instead it's down to a 'life is good' mantra, and then once the baby is born...forgeddaboudit, job done. Which is what is wanted, not 'life' but 'control'.

No, forcing young women to have children they don't want, and I've seen this directly in the family of my wife, is a means of control. They end up destroying generations. Grandmothers creating a dynasty for themselves.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 08/12/20 at 21:54:44

"If abortion was actually against the Christian religion per se then there would not be 77 percent of Americans who want Roe vs Wade to remain on the books. There are nuances but basically they do not want to make it illegal."

Nah.

Obviously those are bad Christians.  

"Having an abortion does not mean less children are born, it may even mean more."

That's math.  Math isn't to be applied.  Obviously the education of how biblical behavior should be has resulted in less adolescent sexual behavior.  Christians/Catholics have fewer pre-marital children than other religions, get with the program.  Don't use empirical evidence though, just roll with this logic.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #35 - 08/13/20 at 02:25:59

If I am pointing out the smoke stacks at at Auschwitz doesn't make it a factory and a majorly of people did not have a problem throwing Jews in to ovens at that time.

When you resort to Godwin's Law it's always a sure sign of a moron who has nothing to say other than bs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #36 - 08/13/20 at 03:16:12

eau de sauvage wrote on 08/13/20 at 02:25:59:

When you resort to Godwin's Law it's always a sure sign of a moron who has nothing to say other than bs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Usually when people start saying someone is invoking Godwin’s Law means the person is losing the argument.
The left loses when confronted by the truth and starts name calling like "racist" or "Moron".

Sorry if you don't like the truth.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #37 - 08/13/20 at 05:01:00

lol

One minute we're talking about the 77% majority of US citizens who do not want Roe vs Wade overturned, then somehow we're in Nazi Germany talking about the gassing of Jews. Yeah, I've lost the argument, you win.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #38 - 08/13/20 at 08:49:01

I used to go to church..
You've never been well and truly screwed till a self appointed Christian does it.
Just because you say a majority of Americans agree with abortion, that doesn't make it a right thing to do.
Funny, that,,
I'll bet over 70% disagree with forcing change on society for that miniscule percentage of our population who are gender confused,, but hey,, democracy, right?
Which is
Mob rule..
Period..
It's a democratic Republic.
The constitution sets the framework..
And abortion isn't constitutional..
The founding fathers just didn't foresee such a disgusting level of immoral citizenry, that including the unborn in those who have constitutional rights and protections.
To whom is it written?
Those
Born and naturalized

That's the thin gruel that makes that multibillion dollar a year industry..
Sick people..
Using abortion as birth control..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #39 - 08/13/20 at 09:10:14

"The constitution sets the framework..
And abortion isn't constitutional.."

Women voting wasn't either.  The Constitution allows for change, and in this case it is possible that abortion could become protected, just as women voting did, among other Amendments.  

So the Founding Fathers, even if they could foresee abortion abuse, still allowed for the procedure of the living Constitution to allow for abortion to one day be a protected right.  Even if they would never agree to it themselves.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #40 - 08/13/20 at 09:24:45

The Constitution was written by God, like the Bible, and it must be taken absolutely literally,.. except for the parts we disagree with...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #41 - 08/13/20 at 11:16:25

Nice dodge, E.
What changed?
Read my post.
A perverse reading was used, just like anchor babies,, asswipes reading it twisting it,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #42 - 08/13/20 at 11:23:23

"Nice dodge, E.
What changed?
Read my post.
A perverse reading was used, just like anchor babies,, asswipes reading it twisting it,

You would have to clarify further.  My understanding is that the US Constitution allows for changes to be implemented even if those changes are not one's that the Founding Fathers would have agreed to.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #43 - 08/13/20 at 12:05:22

You're not going to touch the connistipation unless the Pakisthani's agree to it.

Yea long since sailed, there amendments 50% of the people want are polar opposites of what the other 50 want.
50% want 2a removed.
But the other 50% want birthright citizenship, and a dozen others removed. Nothing gonna happen, regardless of who wins, regardless of china virus regardless of burned out cities ...

In fact we're stuck with executive order rule for the next decade. Obama started it and that genie never going to be put back in the bottle.
Bush got super super lucky with 9/11, else he'd have been the first to flood the place with executive orders. Obama knew what he was doing wasn't legit, Trump actually knows there's no option. The next few presidents will also have no option or not know its not legit - but will do it to pander to their base anyway.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #44 - 08/13/20 at 15:59:22

Just because you say a majority of Americans agree with abortion, that doesn't make it a right thing to do.

Again you're just trying to call a fundamentalist religious doctrine as 'right' then argue from the right and wrong standpoint. It's a circuitous logic.

The 'right' and 'wrong' aspect of abortion has to do with the forcing of a religious doctrine onto people who don't subscribe to it. With the emphasis on 'force', by way of law.

This is why these fundamentalist groups call themselves 'pro life' as if they are opposing 'pro death'. They turn it into life and death, then that becomes right and wrong. But the whole 'pro life' is exactly the religious doctrine. It's either we force you to follow our religious doctrine, against 'pro choice'.

Exactly the same type of logic fundamentalists try to use to get their doctrines taught in secular schools, they call it creations science and try to frame  their forcing of teaching their religion in inappropriate places as giving students a grounding in other 'viewpoints'. Trying to call it science.

You're trying to frame the religious view as 'right' and that is a false premise, so if you use that false premise the logical outcome no matter how much you twist and turn or someone brings the gassing of the jews into it, is false.

If you simply call your religious doctrine 'right' then by extension you can simply force all your religious doctrines on people. And that is what Fundamentalists do if they can. They tried it and still try it with teaching creation in schools if they can do it somehow. In the Fundamentalist muslim countries of course that is the norm. Their religious doctrine is automatically 'right' but having dictators and theocracies in charge they can force it onto the population.

This is why the Fundamentalists like Trump, he's like their wet dream. And he's a wannabe tinpot dictator. Now that he's desperate his only concern is sabotaging the election, now it's attacking the post office. America and the world will be well rid of this buffoon in 82 days.

The only difference between the Muslim countries and the USA is that they have nutters in Charge. If Trump could remain president for life somehow in his dreams providing he got his power from the fundamentalist christians the USA would be just like the Saudis or Iran. Look at Iran, or Afghanistan for that matter before the Fundamentalists took over, it was a normal looking society.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 08:52:06

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Trump, Evangelicals, and the Beirut blast.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.