Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Trump, Evangelicals, and the Beirut blast. (Read 326 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Trump, Evangelicals, and the Beirut blast.
Reply #15 - 08/10/20 at 16:39:38

I think there's a significant difference between the implementation of law by elected officials to provide consequences for people who do not abide by certain standards and religious beliefs being used as consequences for those that are not the same religion.

For instance if it's law in my state to have a marriage license to qualify for joint-tax filing.  Only the content of marriage, legal by state issue, and only state issued marriage license that adheres to state standards no matter the opinion of anyone/organization etc.  A legal binding state issued marriage license only, with no debate as to validity based off of gender, only a marriage license issued by the state legally.

If its required I get a marriage certificate issued by the State, I can then file my taxes jointly with my spouse.  The state does not require I be married at all.

If a religious group mandates I get married, that's excessive.  I shouldn't be required to marry.  But I should be required to marry in order to gain tax benefits related to that.

If elected officials create an equal rights business law, and abuse it, the constituents need to change law, and remove elected officials.

If the business owner says something stupid like "Id make a wedding cake for two dogs, but not two women." then he's on his own for the most part as it's hard to change law with such idiotic statements.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #16 - 08/10/20 at 21:46:45

I'm against any religion that forces their personal religious beliefs onto others...

Wow so what are you for?

Well If I'm against a religion that forces their beliefs onto others, then isn't it fcuking obviousl that I'd be 'for' the opposite. Namely a religion that does not force... etc.

Or to put it another way, I'm 'for' the opposite of what I'm 'against'. Isn't everybody?

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 08/10/20 at 22:04:58

What religions force their ideas on others?
Muslims kill queers and if their own daughter or sister gets raped, well,, honor killing isn't outta the question, right?
Ahh, but those nasty CHRISTIANS,  

Good FUKKING God,  
Democrats have been running all these cities that are full of murdered people. And I'm supposed to give the fools whose ideas have created these shitholes time and energy to debate, when they should all be walking away from everything they have said and believed for decades
BECAUSE THE FAILURE LEVEL IS UNSURPASSED ..

Shut up..
Own your Stupid and stop acting like you're ever anything other than wrong.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #18 - 08/11/20 at 06:56:19

In this particular case which I've been talking about, it's very specifically the minority evangelicals forcing their religious abortion preferences on the majority of US citizens. But you already knew that.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #19 - 08/11/20 at 08:04:06

eau de sauvage wrote on 08/11/20 at 06:56:19:
... particular  case ...
... it's very specifically  ...
... But you already knew that.

You have learned well, grasshopper.
That backpedaling sounds just like a post,
from the person that posted under the avatar of ‘tt’ !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #20 - 08/11/20 at 08:14:06

Matchless G11 wrote on 08/10/20 at 16:10:20:
As Patrick McGoohan
who came up with the smashing show "The Prisoner"
once said.
“But what is the greatest evil? If you are going to epitomize evil, what is it? Is it the bomb? The greatest evil that one has to fight constantly, every minute of the day until one dies, is the worse part of oneself".

Wow, another, 'The Prisoner', watcher.
Not many understood that program.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #21 - 08/11/20 at 15:46:43

eau de sauvage wrote on 08/11/20 at 06:56:19:

In this particular case which I've been talking about, it's very specifically the minority evangelicals forcing their religious abortion preferences on the majority of US citizens. But you already knew that.

Excuse me
But I live in this country , and a majority Do Not favor abortion as birth control.

Why don't you worry about your own land?

« Last Edit: 08/11/20 at 17:54:15 by Matchless G11 »  
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 08/11/20 at 16:10:19

"Excuse me
But I live in this country , and a majority Do Not favor abortion as birth control."

Not as "birth control".

As in most do not prefer to avoid condoms, contraceptives etc. over getting an abortion later.

I've not done any extensive study on this, so I can't say for sure, but in my personal experience very few people, that I am aware of, want to outlaw abortion.  If anything they would want to have restrictions on repetitive abusive behavior.

So yeah not many people want to use abortion as birth control when alternatives exist.  Making it illegal however is a different thing.

IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #23 - 08/11/20 at 16:20:10

Eegore wrote on 08/11/20 at 16:10:19:
"Excuse me
But I live in this country , and a majority Do Not favor abortion as birth control."

Not as "birth control".

As in most do not prefer to avoid condoms, contraceptives etc. over getting an abortion later.

I've not done any extensive study on this, so I can't say for sure, but in my personal experience very few people, that I am aware of, want to outlaw abortion.  If anything they would want to have restrictions on repetitive abusive behavior.

So yeah not many people want to use abortion as birth control when alternatives exist.  Making it illegal however is a different thing.

When it comes down to it Eegore
It is taking of a life,,
It's that simple..
If child murder is not wrong,
then what is?

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #24 - 08/11/20 at 16:28:31

Excuse me
But I live in this country...etc

Yes right, no one from another country should have a say in any other country's policies much less on a forum. That's even more braindead that I'd expect from JoG. By your logic your country should not be involved in any human rights abuses anywhere in the world and the world should not bother with the blatant racism in the US, the World should never have intervened in  Apartheid, blah blah. MAGA!!!

While the issue is nuanced 77% of the US want Abortion to remain legal.

And guess what if it is legal, doesn't mean it's compulsory, that's why it's called 'pro choice' as opposed to Evangelicals wishing to push their extreme position of making it illegal down the throats of the majority in the US. Even those who want restrictions on abortion, still want it to be legal.

A minority of extreme Christians wish to impose their religious beliefs on the majority.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #25 - 08/11/20 at 16:40:55

When it comes down to it Eegore
It is taking of a life,,
It's that simple..
then what is?

There you have it right there. That is your extreme religious view and the view of extreme fundamentalist Christians, and y'all are entitled to that view and to excercise your free expression of that religious view. Trouble is you wish to force that on to the majority and anything justifies that including supporting Trump who is against everything else that the evangelicals stand for.

But you say not it's not it's 'child murder', in the same manner they wail about 'creation science' that should be taught in schools. Religious schools yes, secular schools no.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #26 - 08/11/20 at 16:45:34

Really, REALLY ??????
So, Killing a Human by, throwing off a cliff, abortion, stoning, bombing, flying airplanes into buildings.

You're so stupid that you make it impossible to answer. WTF are you on about. I didn't qualify anything I just said no fundamental religious belief should be forced onto others. It's even in your constitution.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 08/11/20 at 16:51:40

"When it comes down to it Eegore
It is taking of a life,,
It's that simple..
then what is?
"

Your comment was "birth control".

I agree that not many people use abortion, or agree to abortion as "birth control".  Using a condom, or a contraceptive/prescription birth control, is typically more accepted.  I was addressing your "birth control" comment and how the people around me assess that particular logic.  This is important because a lot of abortion arguments use this phrasing, and that type of wording indicates that alternatives to pregnancy mitigation are not taken into account.  

Asking someone if they would use abortion "as birth control" will typically yield a No answer.

Most people I know are ok with abortion being legal.  If, to you, they are all pro-child murder, then they are all ok with killing children, to you.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #28 - 08/11/20 at 16:56:36

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/10/20 at 22:04:58:
Muslims kill queers and if their own daughter or sister gets raped, well,, honor killing isn't outta the question, right?
Ahh, but those nasty CHRISTIANS,  

Good FUKKING God,  
Democrats have been running all these cities that are full of murdered people. And I'm supposed to give the fools whose ideas have created these shitholes time and energy to debate, when they should all be walking away from everything they have said and believed for decades
BECAUSE THE FAILURE LEVEL IS UNSURPASSED ..

Shut up..
Own your Stupid and stop acting like you're ever anything other than wrong.

O

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #29 - 08/11/20 at 23:54:39

@JoG,

Why are you quoting your own post, do you have alzheimers?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 23:00:51

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Trump, Evangelicals, and the Beirut blast.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.