Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Flyover Country says NO Biden (Read 159 times)
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Flyover Country says NO Biden
08/02/20 at 10:29:43

Just arrived home from a 4 days camping adventure out in the mountains of Central Pennsylvania. We chose to take only local roads and highways to avoid tolls both there and back. Once beyond the outer suburbs the political signage on front lawns gets more and more frequent as you get further out into flyover country. Over 4 days of sightseeing all over the area around where we camped and the traveling to and from we saw only one Biden sign on a lawn. And that was in State College which as its name suggests is a college town. And the only town we visited where open businesses had boarded up store fronts to protect them from rioters.
During all this we only saw one BLM sign in the town of Millheim. Which I found ironic since the town has only one black resident.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Millheim-Pennsylvania.html

There was an overabundance of Trump support signs everywhere we traveled. An uncountable number of them.
At least in PA it's safe to bet that Bidet is going down the commode come November. It's a large state with a rural population greater than that of its crime and libtard infested cities.

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Flyover Country says NO Biden
Reply #1 - 08/02/20 at 11:11:01

I'm sure your right... no need to worry.
Yard signs never lie... Grin

Biden is beating Trump big in Pennsylvania.
https://www.inquirer.com/politics/pennsylvania/pennsylvania-2020-election-joe...
Pennsylvania was supposed to be a dogfight in this year’s presidential race.
Decided by less than 1 percentage point in 2016 and crucial to the electoral math for both President Donald Trump and Joe Biden, both parties began the year prepared for a scrap to the finish. But 99 days from Election Day, public polls suggest that, at the moment, Biden isn’t just winning. He’s winning big.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #2 - 08/02/20 at 12:39:08

Online polls and news media never lie? Is this what you're implying?

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 08/02/20 at 14:05:50

BTW in a large swath of this area, put up a Trump sign, or wear a MAGA or even a darn american flag, or freaking go out without a mask, you'd get beat up or hot coffee thrown on you - like this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C31urd1fSdI&t=0s

Sorry I cant beat up a girl - That dude got beat up - almost like the man got punished for the womans action ... But I am wearing a mask, keeping quiet and when asked I quietly go BLM, LGBTREWDFXQD Lives are precious ...

Yea Not looking to get in a fight, I win, I may get arrested, and have to explain to my employers for the next 100 yrs, lose, and well, I get beat up. Nothing is worth either of the 2 outcomes.

I'll just vote my voice ... no signs required. If fools call asking stupid questions on this I'll respond with make china pay for virus man, make mexico pay for wall, shoot the rock throwing Idiots etc etc.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #4 - 08/02/20 at 16:15:17

In flyover country it seems that everyone can still express themselves freely without fear of reprisals. People put out signs for either direction. I even saw a house with two Dixie flags on either side of an American flag hanging from the porch. Only a few miles from the house with the BLM sign.

I think I need to move to flyover country. Less lefty repression in effect there. It's still the land of the free home of the brave opposed to land of the indoctrinated home of the mediocre.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 08/02/20 at 16:18:25

You'd end up with a useless vote like me. I was in NC in 16, in many ways I regret moving to SC.
Of course other than having a useless vote and bugs, its awesome ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #6 - 08/02/20 at 17:32:59

I lived in NC near the Outer Banks for 3 years and I miss it. I moved away to help family but if it weren't for that I'd probably still be there.
I haven't been happy since coming North again. It changed for the worse while I was gone and keeps getting worse each year since returning. Now that my dad's gone I don't have any reason to stick around.
People here are dumber, more ignorant and nastier than ever. And the population density keeps getting higher and higher. Traffic congestion is totally insane everywhere you go. Crime just spirals upwards endlessly and gets sicker and more gruesome. And the costs are intolerable. The taxes are shocking. The pollution has me in a constant allergy attack that only goes away once a year when I go camping in the mountains.
And all the places I have good memories of are gone now. Bulldozed for bypasses, stripmalls or overpriced condos that resemble prisons. And you're not allowed to enjoy yourself anymore. It's all rules and regulations and repressions. You can't live.

My old lady just got notice the school she works at isn't reopening and she's going on furlough next week. Need to convince her to GTFO now. I've put the bug in her ear.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 08/02/20 at 17:55:40

Now ya need to park the Uhaul in the driveway,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 08/02/20 at 18:02:27

"Now ya need to park the Uhaul in the driveway,,"

Start putting stuff in it too.  Start with yours of course, and all the food.

I can't take Denver even though it would be closer to most my work in CO but it's in a similar boat.  Traffic, smog, crime, and a totally ridiculous cost of living.  Glad I don't have to convince anyone to move.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 08/02/20 at 18:14:50

Years ago went to visit a friend from Odessa who had been transferred to Denver.. Dark,, no GPS, no city map, Had a CB tho,, and started askin for some help to find my way,, After about 15 minutes a guy from west texas who had moved up there came on and told me to get in behind him,, he would take me there,, Others spoke,,but none would help,, a city of assheaules,, Just one old dude from west texas helped,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #10 - 08/02/20 at 19:40:41

Spent 5 days in Denver for a conference my old job bought me a ticket to. It was expensive. It was right after they legalized pot and the place seemed to be under invasion from West Coast hipsters. Met up with a friend of mine who'd recently moved there and she was having a hell of a time making ends meet. She said the salaries weren't keeping up with the cost of living and all over people were fed up with it. And she said that finding work there was harder than anywhere she'd been and only got 1 response for each 100 applications she filled out. She's an accountant. To her the people there didn't want to know anyone from other places and she thought that was the trouble with getting work.

One thing about the place I liked was the infrastructure wasn't in crumbling decay like all East Coast cities. And it was impressively clean by comparison too.
Not somewhere I'd want to move though.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 08/02/20 at 20:15:46

"One thing about the place I liked was the infrastructure wasn't in crumbling decay like all East Coast cities. And it was impressively clean by comparison too."

I'd have to agree there. Seems like anywhere north of Colorado Springs invests heavily in infrastructure and such.

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #12 - 08/02/20 at 20:25:12

:'(Eegore wrote on 08/02/20 at 20:15:46:

"One thing about the place I liked was the infrastructure wasn't in crumbling decay like all East Coast cities. And it was impressively clean by comparison too."

I'd have to agree there. Seems like anywhere north of Colorado Springs invests heavily in infrastructure and such.

I work in the transit industry and was very impressed with their mass transit system. Really smartly run and modern.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #13 - 08/03/20 at 04:40:12

OBX is a great place to visit IMHO, but the constant storms and hurricanes would have me really hating it ~1yr in.
Western NC is far better, but really avoid asheville - Its full of subaru driving lesbians. That dude in the clown trans get up wont bat an eyelid in asheville.

By contrast Western SC is a massive college town Central SC is sort of our sleepy flyover country and the capital (columbia) but watch out for bugs - all sorts of them will crawl in everything in your house. Coastal SC is far more $$$ and I dont even understand why. Myrtle beach will remind you of those condo's in the NE, Charleston is old and historic and very very $$$. IMHO Central-Western NC and central SC is the place to be.
The roads etc are very good in SC far better than NC. NC is under too much NY transplants control. SC is a lot more blended out from that.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #14 - 08/03/20 at 06:09:27

LOL @ Suburu driving lesbians!  Grin
Storms were a huge PITA in NC. The town would flood out. One time my house was an island for 2 days and I was trapped.
Then the Great Dismal Swamp catches fire each summer and the choking peat smoke is everywhere.

This is timely.
https://www.takimag.com/article/extreme-social-distancing/print
I feel exactly the same way now...

« Last Edit: 08/03/20 at 07:17:45 by philthymike »  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 12:41:43

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Flyover Country says NO Biden

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.