Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
main jet for V M 38 (Read 20 times)
nickbilljim

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

main jet for V M 38
08/02/20 at 07:55:36

I have an 1986 savage with D R cam,sponge air filter mounted direct to carb, exhaust port opened to 1.5 1nches and one of Lancers high comp pistons.    

I have just fitted a V M 38mm carb on and put in size 20 pilot jet and 185 main,it pulls well thru low and mid range but I am not to sure about W O T,I went for a test run hit 80 M P H in third but struggled to hit 90 in 4th,am I expecting to much or would a bigger or smaller main
jet increase top end.I have read here that some people run a 210 main jet but I have also  read that my high lift cam could mean smaller main  jet. Forgot to mention I have a Voodoo  exhaust with minimal baffles

any help would be appreciated  

Thanks  Nick

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: main jet for V M 38
Reply #1 - 08/02/20 at 11:33:12

Bump you main to 200 and see how it responds.

Your voodoo exhaust, how minimal are the baffles ?

IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Reply #2 - 08/02/20 at 12:02:30

I agree.  Your main jet is too small.  If you keep trying to set the land speed record (LSR) you will hurt it.  Go up to the 200.  See how it runs in 1st thru 3rd.  Then go to a 220.  Power should go flat (too rich) with the 220.  Then you will know a 200 or 210 will be about right.  Discontinue the LSR attempts until you know you have a main jet large  enough to prevent damage.

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
nickbilljim

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 08/02/20 at 23:22:07

thanks for the feed back my exhaust is a slash cut that came with the bike so I dont know whats in it,  it is very loud,I would say with  minimal or no back pressure .
                I am ordering new jets  today,starting at 200,thanks again for your help Nick

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 01:11:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › main jet for V M 38

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.