Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
I am the new member  - Introduction (Read 153 times)
Urs
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

I am the new member  - Introduction
07/22/20 at 11:37:58

Hi there,

I am new here and would like to take the opportunity introducing me to the community. I unfortunately could not find the right section "Introduction for Newbies".
I am almost 60 years old and from Germany. I join this board since biker boards in Germany are not really helpful.

I have been sitting for 44 years on countless different  bikes. Currently in the portfolio is a Yamaha 1300 (for spring season), a tuned Triumph Rocked (for summer season) and I am currently restoring an LS 650 (1996) from the scratch. Goal is a Bobber.
When I have nothing to restore or no other project, I make Wasteland Leather Cloth, some may call it als Mad Max Cloth.As you may already guess from my profile (yes there is also a beard) I visit on weekend motorcycle meetings with my small tent. I like metal musik, on weekend some beers and good food (hobby-cook).
I finance my hobbies with my professional job, project engineer for commercial vehicle brakes.

Thats a brief introduction about me and I ask for your patience with my German English

Cheers
Urs

Rocket_2020-07.jpg
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: I am the new member  - Introduction
Reply #1 - 07/22/20 at 12:49:48

Welcome to the forum,, Hope ya have a good time,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #2 - 07/22/20 at 16:40:23

Welcome to the home of Savages where no problem is too large and no question is too dumb !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 07/23/20 at 10:57:24

Were you feeling a bit short on power so you added the headers to the 2300 engine ?
Has the engine been touched internally ?   😏

It does make a nice run-about.   😎🏍

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #4 - 07/23/20 at 18:13:14

Excellent introductory post.  Willkommen in der Gruppe.  I don't speak German but am fluent in Google.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #5 - 07/23/20 at 22:43:59

Suzuki has built the Savage/S-40 for 33 years , I've only had one for about 1/2 that time .   Its a fun machine that's full of surprises .  

Keep it idled up past 1000 rpm so the oil gets to the cam bearings good , and all will be well for a Long , LOng , LONg , LONG , time .

Mines is coming up on 60,000 miles and has never ran better.

Welcome to the site ,

HardBags2mp_002.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 07/24/20 at 02:00:38

And letting it idle, leaning on the sidestand deprives the high end of the cam of oil.. and it's not good.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Reply #7 - 07/24/20 at 07:26:09

MM,
You put most of us to shame. 60K indeed. Smiley

Lots of funky mods too.

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #8 - 07/24/20 at 07:34:03

MM is an interesting character, with some idiosyncrasies recies we won’t mention, but he is all fuzzy & gooey inside.  😁 😂

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #9 - 07/24/20 at 20:45:53

Hay Norm , I know of a feller in Texas who has over 200,000 miles on his Savage !   I was in El paso at Ft Bliss for 2 year , the weather is so biker friendly I wanted to stay ... but I never learned Spanish and the wife wanted to return to Tn.

and

There is BadWolf in Florida who is way up there too.   My bike is still a Baby compared to those two !

interesting character    ?
So to be referred to as "interesting character" by an "interesting character"  is most interesting !   Grin

Thanks ,,, I guess ?   Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 07/25/20 at 10:39:33

Urs wrote on 07/22/20 at 11:37:58:
Hi there,

I am new here and would like to take the opportunity introducing me to the community. I unfortunately could not find the right section "Introduction for Newbies".
I am almost 60 years old and from Germany. I join this board since biker boards in Germany are not really helpful.

I have been sitting for 44 years on countless different  bikes. Currently in the portfolio is a Yamaha 1300 (for spring season), a tuned Triumph Rocked (for summer season) and I am currently restoring an LS 650 (1996) from the scratch. Goal is a Bobber.
When I have nothing to restore or no other project, I make Wasteland Leather Cloth, some may call it als Mad Max Cloth.As you may already guess from my profile (yes there is also a beard) I visit on weekend motorcycle meetings with my small tent. I like metal musik, on weekend some beers and good food (hobby-cook).
I finance my hobbies with my professional job, project engineer for commercial vehicle brakes.

Thats a brief introduction about me and I ask for your patience with my German English

Cheers
Urs

Willkomen, I am Swedisch.. 64+ and got me att LS650 20000!
I started as biker on a Zundapp KS 125, then to Suzuki 500 T twostroker, and then on to Honda four in a row fourstrokers.
In any case I was keen to get my a bike, I could always buy my a HD or Goldwing,, any bike. But those was not for me, I wanted somthing simplier/custom/cruiser kind of bike.
Its this, this bike is one of a kind, I love it, my friend ride other sort, I dont care!
What ever.. Im a Savage rider, and this forum is best.. for people that ride LS650/S40!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 07/25/20 at 14:46:26

illkomen, I am Swedisch.. 64+ and got me att LS650 20000!...

The bike hes referring to is a very rare machine.. Its one of the pieces of equipment from the movie
20,000 leagues under the sea,,

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #12 - 07/26/20 at 06:15:46

MMRanch wrote on 07/24/20 at 20:45:53:
Hay Norm , I know of a feller in Texas who has over 200,000 miles on his Savage !   I was in El paso at Ft Bliss for 2 year , the weather is so biker friendly I wanted to stay ... but I never learned Spanish and the wife wanted to return to Tn.

and

There is BadWolf in Florida who is way up there too.   My bike is still a Baby compared to those two !

interesting character    ?
So to be referred to as "interesting character" by an "interesting character"  is most interesting !   Grin

Thanks ,,, I guess ?   Huh

😁         Hugs & kisses 😘

IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 07/26/20 at 06:16:57

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/25/20 at 14:46:26:
illkomen, I am Swedisch.. 64+ and got me att LS650 20000!...

The bike hes referring to is a very rare machine.. Its one of the pieces of equipment from the movie
20,000 leagues under the sea,,

Sorry.. to many zeros, but you got me laughing!
In any case.. a Zundapp KS 125, its a bike one can drive from 16 years old, in Sweden.

IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Reply #14 - 07/26/20 at 14:02:00

Zepp,
On of my bikes in the distant past was a Zundapp 201S. What a machine! I loved that bike, however, it wouldn't be very good here in the USA. British country lanes were more its style.

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 08:39:45

General CategoryThe Cafe › I am the new member  - Introduction

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.