LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: H/F lift
Reply #15 - 07/19/20 at 10:29:25

The jack is part of the system so they should replace the whole unit.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #16 - 07/19/20 at 14:23:01

I'll settle for a seal kit for the jack and do it myself.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 07/19/20 at 14:25:33

What? And void the warranty!??

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #18 - 07/19/20 at 15:38:17

My HF lift is 7 years old and has never leaked a drop.....or failed to lift or lower normally.  Maybe I should not admit this - I had my Cafe bike in the air for months at a time, and never once installed the safety rod.  The pump/jack kept the pressure and the bike stayed up in the air for extended periods.  The only thing I have ever had a problem with was lowering the table....while a box was hidden underneath - which resulted in a crushed cardboard box.

Call and talk to Harbor Freight and I bet they will warranty it.  If you do it soon they will likely just exchange it for a new one.  How far is it for you to drive to a HF store?

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #19 - 07/19/20 at 15:55:12

It's only a 90 day warranty , I better get on it. I'll send out a email today. Maybe 2 miles away , but I bought it on line. The linkages to the jack were all loose not closing or opening the valve properly, but I fixed all that. All that works fine , just the leak and leaks never fix themselves. Yeah now the wife says I should have bought the American made one. Undecided

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #20 - 07/20/20 at 18:15:10

Well , I sent them a email and am waiting for a response.in the mean time I’m continuing with repairs on the TLR200. Guess I got carried away buying parts. Found a few boxes in the attic box #1 has a rebuilt cylinder head with rocker box,a new Wiesco piston,a new cam,a new gasket set and box#2 new sprockets, Delkevic exhaust system,2 carb kits,rear brake pedal, new turn signals,tapered roller bearing kit for steering head,aluminum bars, Betor rear shocks,new rear tire & tube And a bunch of other small stuff.. Crap I gotta get busy,not doing the engine yet(head,piston,cam) but all this other stuff is getting used. So when it’s done it will still be a street legal trials bike with mirrors,horn turn signals,head & tail lights somewhere between 190 to 195 lbs. The kind of bike that will go anywhere it can get traction ! Should be a great play toy/camping bike , crap gotta put 2 new springs in my trailer too !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #21 - 07/21/20 at 14:07:37

Looking at when it was last registered fall right in line with when I bought the Savage and Ryca kit. I must have totally dropped this bike as a project and when the carb got gummed up it’s just been all covered up for the last six years. I’m in a hurry to finish the repairs so I can ride it and then get the tracker on the lift. That explains the boxes of unused parts for the tlr200. I need it up and running to get some trail time on Sunday mornings and maybe if I get my trailer fixed I can bring it on vacation. Some awesome trail riding up near where we rent a cabin near the Sierra Buttes. Fresh mountain air ,awesome views and some killer high alpine riding. And the wild blackberries are sweet and abundant , fruity pebbles with wild blackberries and a hot cup of joe for breakfast , Life doesn’t get any better ! Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #22 - 07/22/20 at 16:57:21

Just received a email from H/F and they are going to ship me another jack/pump for the lift. But I’m guessing it might take a month or so before it gets here. Oh yeah ! Cool I can continue building bikes till it gets here. Just jack it all the way up(for better access)install safety rod and swap it out , won’t even have to remove the bike from the lift.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #23 - 07/30/20 at 22:52:26

Received my new jack/pump for the lift , delivered right to my door.
It was the wrong one for the older model. Gotta send another email !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #24 - 09/03/20 at 12:53:39

Wow a month + has gone by and 13 emails back and fourth. Today the correct jack/pump finally arrived for the lift. Hopefully I'll get it changed out on Saturday and  the TLR200 is very near being finished , maybe this weekend. Clean the lift off and then put the tracker on the lift. A bunch of upgrades but mostly a lot of cleaning and polishing. Ahead of schedule on this bike and try to keep that momentum up for the tracker. Plan was 4 bikes in 2 years , basically get most of my bikes done and a few sold.
Love the lift , right next to toolbox and a bunch of good light. Bikes get done quick , everyday just do one thing even if it's just one bolt.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #25 - 09/03/20 at 15:04:50

Way to go Ruttly!

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #26 - 09/09/20 at 17:39:34

Ok , replacement pump has been installed and the lift works perfect
All said and done , with all the time wasted sending emails for six weeks and sending the wrong pump back , I probably should have bought the American made electric lift. The H/F lift works great with some minor mods I'm really pleased with it. Now H/F customer service is good but has room for improvement , but im not complaining. It still saved me about $1500.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #27 - 09/09/20 at 17:58:33

Sorry you had trouble with yours....mine has been working fine.

I think the lift is a good deal for us part time mechanics with medium weight bikes.  With a 600 pound bike I get a bit nervous about raising it up very high....the darn thing looks like it leans when you get a heavy bike on it.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #28 - 09/09/20 at 18:04:26

Status on the TLR200 front tire,tube,rim strip on order , by the time it arrives most everything will be done. It will be a great camping and trail bike. Looking forward to getting some seat time on Sunday mornings riding the levees and open fields just to stay sharp and get some exercise.
Just thinking about finishing the tracker makes my heart race and gives the jitters , can't wait for it to blurr my vision.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #29 - 09/09/20 at 18:39:40

I miss owning a trials bike.  I want to own an Ossa Mick Andrews Replica in a year or two.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 03:17:19

General CategoryThe Cafe › H/F lift

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.