Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
No, DUMBASS,, The wrong people have them (Read 118 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
No, DUMBASS,, The wrong people have them
07/11/20 at 09:20:01

Chicago’s Democratic Mayor Lori Lightfoot was asked about the meteoric rise in homicides and attempted murders in the Windy City. Her answer minimized the issue and anyone who dared question her answer all at the same time.

“That’s a complicated question,” Mayor Lightfoot said, according to the Washington Examiner. “We have way too many guns on the streets.”

Her trite response came after the news that murders in Chicago were up by 78 percent in June, criminal shootings were up by 75 percent, over 2019’s figures. That accounts for 424 people shot, and 89 people murdered. For comparison, in June 2019, those figures were 242 shootings and 50 murders. It’s also on the horrific revelation a 3-year-old was murdered on Father’s Day and a 14-year-old boy and 7-year-old girl were murdered over July 4th weekend.

When ya pass laws that make it illegal to have a gun, then only criminals WILL have guns.. Is that really that hard to understand?

Its Clearly not the NUmber of guns that is the problem. Other places have guns, in the the same or higher numbers. The Per Capita gun ownership in Chicago cant be higher than Houston, Id bet.. Im pretty sure ther are Get Killed places in Houston, too,, But, LOOK at the differences,, Ask
Why..

Its time to admit
Its Not The GUNs,, Its NOT the gun causing these problems,,

The answers might be unsettling,, like Thug culture, and  growing up w/o a man in the home, and the last man who held a job in ytour family was your great grampa,, but its time to start admitting the obvious,,

Its NOT the GUNS,,
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/faced-with-failed-policies-and-soaring-crim...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: No, DUMBASS,, The wrong people have them
Reply #1 - 07/11/20 at 14:25:41

Remember when Bloomberg said - we need to get the guns away form these people getting shot.
Yup, so they cant shoot back - freaking moron. Or Frisking moron.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 07/11/20 at 14:52:29

Nothing makes more sense than mandating the victim be disarmed..
You must surely suffer from some level of racial bias..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 07/11/20 at 14:57:30

"When ya pass laws that make it illegal to have a gun, then only criminals WILL have guns.. Is that really that hard to understand?"

It must be.  I for one can't seem to create an understandable method of conveying this to elected officials.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 07/11/20 at 15:18:54

Keep swinging, dude..
Have you tried asking them how they justify their position?
I know you have, what answer do you get?

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #5 - 07/11/20 at 18:34:14

Eegore wrote on 07/11/20 at 14:57:30:
"When ya pass laws that make it illegal to have a gun, then only criminals WILL have guns.. Is that really that hard to understand?"

It must be.  I for one can't seem to create an understandable method of conveying this to elected officials.

Well, since these elected officials of whom you speak are the folks that think only the cops should be trusted with guns, are also the exact same folks that want to defund or , in some instances, do away with the cops altogether because they might shoot innocent black people with those guns that only they(the police) should be trusted with, I'd say you've got your work cut out for you.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 07/11/20 at 21:24:34

"Have you tried asking them how they justify their position?
I know you have, what answer do you get?"

They typically have redirected the question to local law enforcement or ignored it.

I think in a lot of cases they just feel like they need to do something, but have no idea what to do.  So they listen to the loudest, and typically the groups utilizing the most modern methods of communication.  When it comes to firearm ownership and modern methods of changing things its usually younger people that typically don't care if they have one.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 07/11/20 at 21:57:50

think in a lot of cases they just feel like they need to do something, but have no idea what to d

So they are completely unaware of the laws and policies where Americans are armed, concealed carry is a normal thing, and gun violence is low,,
Amazing..

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 07/12/20 at 00:41:14

"So they are completely unaware of the laws and policies where Americans are armed, concealed carry is a normal thing, and gun violence is low,, "

In my experience most are aware but this is also not an absolute truth so it depends a lot on where geographically.  Part of the problem is treating elected officials like they are complete idiots rsults in poor arguments for gun ownership.  Many from what I have experienced are aware and informed but their assessment of constituents desires can be skewed, or the desires of most constituents is to remove certain types of firearms from public circulation.

This means the process is double sided, educating voters, and politicians.  What hasn't worked for anyone I know is telling either how stupid they are.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #9 - 07/12/20 at 05:12:31

Quote:
What hasn't worked for anyone I know is telling either how stupid they are.

Pretending that stupid politicians are not stupid, and trying to reason with them doesn't seem to work very well either.

The only sure-fire way to get a political creature to embrace a particular position is to appeal to his or her avarice.

Bribery, when it can be accomplished without either participant winding up in jail seems to work like a charm.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 07/12/20 at 06:08:24

In my experience most are aware but this is also not an absolute truth

What isn't an absolute truth?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 07/12/20 at 13:23:57

What isn't an absolute truth?

This:

"laws and policies where Americans are armed, concealed carry is a normal thing, and gun violence is low"

Areas of Denver for instance have large per-capita CCW numbers and also have the largest level of violent crime.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 07/12/20 at 13:34:38

Wouldn't some statistical data on various demographics be good There??
Or, is that information available?

But, still not a Reason to Not enact policies that, while maybe not Universally proven, have been shown to work
And
Allowing people the ability to protect themselves is only right.
Disallowing it, well, that is criminal.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 07/13/20 at 00:59:14

I think in the big picture there is less general violent crime when average citizens are armed, it just isn't the absolute.

For the most part though there is no definite answer when the question of how we get guns out of criminals hands comes up.  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 07/13/20 at 08:43:52

That's not the priority.
Get guns into the hands of decent people.
Quit making criminals out of them
For having a gun.
Support, respect, the armed citizen.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/22/24 at 23:27:58

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › No, DUMBASS,, The wrong people have them

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.