justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Do the study
07/11/20 at 08:26:24

prove the point
Get hated on

why? Deny someone th false basis for their victimhood?

Two psychologists studied 917 fatal police shootings that occurred in 2015 to try to determine if the race of the officer or the civilian who was shot influenced the shooting. Their analysis found no racial disparities among those shot and killed by police. They then published their findings in a respected, peer-reviewed journal.

But when their work was highlighted and cited (in congressional testimony and in various articles), the fact that the study was done at all became “problematic.” Apparently only studies that produce results that conform to the current conventional wisdom that all cops are racist and that they shoot black people in disproportionate numbers are allowed to be published and cited going forward.

You can imagine the effect the experience of those involved in this debacle will have on the quality of research produced by academia in the future.

My June 3 Journal op-ed quoted the [Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences] article’s conclusion verbatim. It set off a firestorm at Michigan State. The university’s Graduate Employees Union pressured the MSU press office to apologize for the “harm it caused” by mentioning my article in a newsletter. The union targeted physicist Steve Hsu, who had approved funding for Mr. [Joseph] Cesario’s research. MSU sacked Mr. Hsu from his administrative position. PNAS editorialized that Messrs. Cesario and [David] Johnson had “poorly framed” their article—the one that got through the journal’s three levels of editorial and peer review.

Mr. Cesario told this page that Mr. Hsu’s dismissal could narrow the “kinds of topics people can talk about, or what kinds of conclusions people can come to.” Now he and Mr. Johnson have themselves jeopardized the possibility of politically neutral scholarship. On Monday they retracted their paper. They say they stand behind its conclusion and statistical approach but complain about its “misuse,” specifically mentioning my op-eds.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/academics-retract-study-that-found-no-racia...

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/academics-retract-study-that-found-no-racia...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/i-cited-their-study-so-they-disavowed-it-1159425...

Requirres joining, signing up,, whatever,, for the second one..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Re: Do the study
Reply #1 - 07/11/20 at 09:13:57

You are asking a rhetorical question man. You know the answer.
The mentally abusive left is gaslighting us all.
And that's just one factor in an array of psychologically abusive patterns the left has deployed against their ideological enemies.
How much of their behavior matches exactly what you find here?
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/325792

Since logic and reasoning is impossible with emotionally based arguments they have to resort to manipulation and intimidation.

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Do the study
Reply #2 - 07/11/20 at 09:24:15

But, BUt,, I thot THEY were the Pure Science ones..

Its gotten to pure insanity,
Do a study, and it doesnt support the narrative, rather than rethink the narrative, adjust the thinking to accept the truth,, Suppress the TRUTH,, and continue screaming the now proven bullshit LIES,,
Aaaand I get treated like some Neanderthal because I dont bend and sway with each new days new apocalyptic demands,,
Im TIRED of the BUllshit,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/16/24 at 00:38:18

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Do the study

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.