Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Ill just start a new one,, (Read 76 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Ill just start a new one,,
07/11/20 at 08:16:50

Face Masks
Thumbnail of Meta-analysis of risk ratios for the effect of face mask use with or without enhanced hand hygiene on laboratory-confirmed influenza from 10 randomized controlled trials with >6,500 participants. A) Face mask use alone; B) face mask and hand hygiene; C) face mask with or without hand hygiene. Pooled estimates were not made if there was high heterogeneity (I2 >75%). Squares indicate risk ratio for each of the included studies, horizontal lines indicate 95% CIs, dashed vertical
Figure 2. Meta-analysis of risk ratios for the effect of face mask use with or without enhanced hand hygiene on laboratory-confirmed influenza from 10 randomized controlled trials with >6,500 participants. A) Face mask...

In our systematic review, we identified 10 RCTs that reported estimates of the effectiveness of face masks in reducing laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infections in the community from literature published during 1946–July 27, 2018. In pooled analysis, we found no significant reduction in influenza transmission with the use of face masks (RR 0.78, 95% CI 0.51–1.20; I2 = 30%, p = 0.25) (Figure 2). One study evaluated the use of masks among pilgrims from Australia during the Hajj pilgrimage and reported no major difference in the risk for laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infection in the control or mask group (33). Two studies in university settings assessed the effectiveness of face masks for primary protection by monitoring the incidence of laboratory-confirmed influenza among student hall residents for 5 months (9,10). The overall reduction in ILI or laboratory-confirmed influenza cases in the face mask group was not significant in either studies (9,10). Study designs in the 7 household studies were slightly different: 1 study provided face masks and P2 respirators for household contacts only (34), another study evaluated face mask use as a source control for infected persons only (35), and the remaining studies provided masks for the infected persons as well as their close contacts (11–13,15,17). None of the household studies reported a significant reduction in secondary laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infections in the face mask group (11–13,15,17,34,35). Most studies were underpowered because of limited sample size, and some studies also reported suboptimal adherence in the face mask group.

Disposable medical masks (also known as surgical masks) are loose-fitting devices that were designed to be worn by medical personnel to protect accidental contamination of patient wounds, and to protect the wearer against splashes or sprays of bodily fluids (36). There is limited evidence for their effectiveness in preventing influenza virus transmission either when worn by the infected person for source control or when worn by uninfected persons to reduce exposure. Our systematic review found no significant effect of face masks on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article

See,, when Im makin a point, I dont tossa a textbook reference in and say
Its in there
I find the point,, and copy and paste it
Thden, reference where it came from,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Re: Ill just start a new one,,
Reply #1 - 07/11/20 at 12:36:45

The masks,now referred to as "face coverings" on a lot of the signs I'm seeing, that we are being encouraged, or in some instances mandated under penalty of legal sanction to wear; whether they be actual surgical masks, homemade cloth contraptions, bandannas, or the crap now for sale on Amazon, are the functional equivalent of the medieval practice of wearing some garlic around ones neck in order to ward off vampires.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 07/11/20 at 13:25:24

So if it's not masks,... to what do you credit most Asian and European countries doing so much better than the US in handling the Corona virus?...
It ain't wishful thinking.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #3 - 07/11/20 at 13:48:17

Serowbot wrote on 07/11/20 at 13:25:24:
So if it's not masks,... to what do you credit most Asian and European countries doing so much better than the US in handling the Corona virus?...

I credit them with fudging the numbers or simply making them up.

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #4 - 07/11/20 at 14:33:49

Which european countries - Spain, italy, the UK. Look at the numbers in light of infections and deaths as a % of population. And forget the countries where the numbers are bullsh*t, like Russia, Turkey,Iran - most of the middle east, most of the far east too.

Nobody knows how may died in China, and we likely never will.

This sh*t is just getting started in half the world. By the time it runs it's course  in The US, like it already has in most of Europe half  the planet will still be where we were in March. You won't hear much about that though. There are still so many other ways to get sick and die in most of the rest of the world that Covid in a lot of places isn't even going to be newsworthy to the Western press.

The few countries that did get it stopped were the ones that recognized the problem very early on, didn't believe the horsesh*t from China and the WHO, closed their borders tight right fookin' then and tested everybody and isolated everyone that was infected until they were not.
They kept the virus out early so that they were able to deal with the cases that did get in. They also have small enough populations compared to the US to make that approach feasible. Australia, New Zeland, Taiwan, South Korea for example.

The US response was too little, to late, and the institutions whose job is to deal with this kind of crisis, CDC,NIH, DHS etc. demonstrated their, incompetence and inefficiency right from the start. Not to mention that half the elected Federal government, and probably three quarters of the un-elected part,  is more focused on this disease as another vehicle to get rid of the president, and how many folks have to die to accomplish that be dam*nd as long as Trump loses the next election.

Not that Trump has covered himself in glory by the way he's handled things.

That's why this is such a sh*tshow.

Besides. Just about everyone I see around here is wearing a mask. Including me if I have to go somewhere where they are required. How come Corona isn't gone if masks will do the trick

Piece of old tee shirt tied across your mug aint going to make sure you live forever.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 07/11/20 at 14:47:12

The Sheriffs in Upshur ( where I live) and Gregg ( where there are moe options and its closer) have decided to not enforce the Abbot dictat..
So, Il be voting accordingly,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 07/11/20 at 14:47:38

philthymike wrote on 07/11/20 at 13:48:17:

I credit them with fudging the numbers or simply making them up.

China - Lying.

N Korea - A medical system they immediately engaged into high gear with a good lucrative private medical system they paid full freight for - yes, the best public health system in the world got control of this pandemic by paying for profit private sector full asking $$$

Japan - culture, natural social distancing and masks.

India - natural immunity no cross contamination of HVAC and they're getting a higher than expected rate now.

Northern europe - natural social distancing, super low population densities.

Southern Europe - They're still getting creamed, Italy, spain, france etc all getting beaten.

US - seems to have a mix of all of these - lying is usually in the exaggeration like houston, our emergency and complete all hospital is full, hospitals are 100%+ occupied ... uhhhh, only 15% or so is china virus related, the other 85 is elective and other cases with pent up demand from the 2 months when they were supposed to not go to a hospital.
The distancing is in states like Dakotas (which are doing very well on the disease front).
The hyper crowded cities are cross contaminating people like crazy and getting creamed like NYC.
Now that we're talking about per capita and taking other factors into account - finally it seems like parts of US are acting like - well other parts of the world - cos we have a continent level of diversity. Dakota and montana etc look like Sweden, NYC and CA look like Italy, lying democrap run places look like the opposite of china etc etc.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 07/11/20 at 14:49:17

How much do we actually KNow abou Testing?

And who said the tests are not fraught with false positives?

How many times will you be misled before you start to slow down ad question what youre being told?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 07/11/20 at 15:10:33

"See,, when Im makin a point, I dont tossa a textbook reference in and say
Its in there
I find the point,, and copy and paste it
Thden, reference where it came from,,"

No, you usually don't "reference" anything at all.

When I offer mathematical outcomes I offer all math, not the selected math I want you to read.

The fundamental difference here is that these are close-proximity environments.  It is well known that unless one has a fitted-N-95 or equivalent mask, AND, maintain close proximity to influenza, you will get it.

Close proximity.  As for going to let's say a hardware store, if you have a mask on, you will put less of your spit into that hardware store.  Your argument to that is you can somehow tell you are not sick with SARS-COV-2 during the asymptomatic stage you acknowledge exists while no other known human can.

The issue with creating these - Covid is still around so that proves masks don't work - arguments is that is uses the same anecdotal logic to prove the point that you don't like other people using.  Masks, reduce, and I;ve tried to make this clear, "Reduce" and only the word "reduce" the amount of fluids you expel into the environment around you.

That's it.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #9 - 07/13/20 at 07:49:47

More than half of recovering Covid patients are showing signs of heart damage...

Meanwhile Trump is discounting Fauci's advice and listening to Chuck Woolery...

Things just couldn't be stupider... Huh

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 07/13/20 at 08:48:00

Three Weeks After Trump's Tulsa Rally, Oklahoma Reports Record High COVID-19 Numbers

NEW: Oklahoma reports 687 new coronavirus cases, the 2nd-highest single-day increase the state has recorded.

The 7-day average of new cases is now approaching six times what it was at for two months starting in early April.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 07/13/20 at 08:48:52

If ya pay attention to what Fauci said
And When he said it
Ya get a picture of
He had no clue..

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #12 - 07/13/20 at 08:51:08

So you'll follow Chuck Woolery and Trump's advice?...
Good luck with that... Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Re: Ill just start a new onue,,
Reply #13 - 07/13/20 at 09:00:19

I never said that.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #14 - 07/13/20 at 09:04:33

People are going to "Covid" parties to prove it's hoax,..
Many are getting sick, some are dying.

What a dumb way to prove you're wrong.  Huh

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/16/24 at 14:55:02

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Ill just start a new one,,

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!