MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Selling a bike
07/09/20 at 10:21:28

I'm finally getting the third bike off the car port !   Smiley

A feller is planning to coming  pick-up the V-9 Guzzi Friday morning .   His name is Porter .   So everybody pray Porter stays on Schule.  

Yea , my 2016 Guzzi shifts like a bike (silky smooth)  ... The 2017 shifts like a piece of farm equipment (clunky) .    

« Last Edit: 07/09/20 at 17:45:29 by MMRanch »  

2mp_Pearl.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: Selling a bike
Reply #1 - 07/09/20 at 15:06:34

I thought the V9 was the one you loved. So you are keeping the V7?

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #2 - 07/09/20 at 16:56:41

The only thing about the V-9 that just pushes the wrong button is that "Click-Clang" noise between 1-2-3-4 gears .   Without a windshield I can't even hear it and with  full face helmet you would not hear it either.   But I am going to have a full size windshield on any street bike , and I wear a 1/2 helmet all summer ... so .   I can't help but  hear it and it just frays my nerves every time.
Its the prettiest bike I've ever had and it runs really good , But that dang Click-Clang is un-bearable .

Yea Springman I have a Corbin seat on the V-7II and it carries me and Marcia really well.  

Last weekend we went with 32 other people to visit "Field of the Woods" and ride the Cheroaha Skyway / Dragon .  Even ridding double the V-7II Guzzi was the best handling bike of the bunch.  When we got to the Dragon the formation rule went away so .  
The closest competitor was a 1800 goldwing ridding single.   So , we came into the Dragon from the north and I passed the Wing on the third curve going up.    He tried to keep up but the Guzzi V7II at 48HP Handles like it was made for the Italian Alps ...  Wink.   Mr Goldwing was out of sight in ten curves.    Dave's 800 BMW keeps up with anything I'm ridding anymore ???  Huh    
Notice the Shinko 712 , that what was on it for that Dragon Run .  Cool
« Last Edit: 07/09/20 at 18:11:45 by MMRanch »  

lucky_2020_2mp.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 07/09/20 at 18:07:39

I really liked the V9 when I rode it.

I guess being a bit hearing impaired has some benefits - I never heard anything from the shifter that bothered me.

My big BMW is somewhat clunky shifting at times - I guess when you have a transmission that can handle 125 HP.......it is reasonable to expect that the gears are bigger and make more noise than the gears on a 30 HP bike.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #4 - 07/09/20 at 18:18:10

Full face helmet .  

I hope the fellow coming to buy it wears a Full Face Helmet to !   Roll Eyes

I've got the windshield off it too.

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #5 - 07/10/20 at 08:34:16

Mike:

This may be too late - but have you tried switching to a different brand of gear box oil?

I really like the Lucas Full Synthetic gear oils.  They are tacky and stick to the gears more than regular oils (or so the little demonstrator thingy in the auto parts store lets you believe.

It could be that a different gear box oil might help to resolve the shifting issue........that is too nice of a bike not to keep.
(Unless of course you are selling it so you can buy a BMW F800GT). Grin

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #6 - 07/10/20 at 12:53:53

Hay Dave ,

I did switch/try to the Redline gear oil , after trying the 85/140 .   The Redline did make it less noisy and that is what was/is in it now and when you rode it.

I'm really going to try to keep "ONLY" two bikes ...  

BUT

I wonder ... if the RE-INT had mag wheels ... I might want to try one out for a while to replace the Guzzi V7II.    Roll Eyes

One "WE" bike and One "ME" bike

Huh

hotrod

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NC
Reply #7 - 07/10/20 at 16:49:26

I'm still riding my 1977 Guzzi Convert. Great bike. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #8 - 07/10/20 at 17:13:48

hotrod wrote on 07/10/20 at 16:49:26:
I'm still riding my 1977 Guzzi Convert. Great bike. Smiley Smiley

I am glad you have the 1977 version of that. The 76 had the infamous sheetmetal flywheel. Mine separated in a passing of a truck.  To add insult to ingery my boss a Bmw guy hauled it to my house and I had to hear from him how I should have kept my R50/2

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 07/10/20 at 18:20:03

Yea those motoguzzi convertibles, sometimes they converted themselves to a rideable bike instead of a pile of parts. LOL.
I rode one back ~15 yrs ago - My ride of the 98 jackal was awesome, if only I'd have found a 9-10K spare in the broke days of the 00's I'd have one now, but freaking hell, the 70's guzzi's - well sent people to buy those Honda maggots (cx650's)
No I never bought a maggot either, only one that came up for sale in my town was sold by a clueless freaking "contractor" Idiot who suggested I melt down my steel frame for a GS500 and that he "rebuilt the forks" yea fool put fork seals in a rusty a$$ cx650 or was it a 500 - never mind, anyway that fool was stupid beyond fathom, and I didn't buy his $2500 (this was in 2005-06) cx500/650 just for spite.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #10 - 07/10/20 at 19:07:17

That's a nice looking bike !   Smiley

A new one of them would push a lot of my buttons in a very good way !  

Moto-Guzzi-V1000-Convert-Right-Side.jpg

Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #11 - 07/11/20 at 10:42:19

srinath wrote on 07/10/20 at 18:20:03:
Yea those motoguzzi convertibles, sometimes they converted themselves to a rideable bike instead of a pile of parts. LOL.
I rode one back ~15 yrs ago - My ride of the 98 jackal was awesome, if only I'd have found a 9-10K spare in the broke days of the 00's I'd have one now, but freaking hell, the 70's guzzi's - well sent people to buy those Honda maggots (cx650's)
No I never bought a maggot either, only one that came up for sale in my town was sold by a clueless freaking "contractor" Idiot who suggested I melt down my steel frame for a GS500 and that he "rebuilt the forks" yea fool put fork seals in a rusty a$$ cx650 or was it a 500 - never mind, anyway that fool was stupid beyond fathom, and I didn't buy his $2500 (this was in 2005-06) cx500/650 just for spite.
Cool.
Srinath.

The convert is a good bike with the exception of the first year. And then the other little quirks,
1 I have heard of the toque converter coming apart (Rare)
2 The drive "peg" for the converter oil pump will round off.
I made mine from a cut up allen key.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #12 - 07/13/20 at 20:32:52

MM, did you sell the bike?

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #13 - 07/13/20 at 21:05:21

The Savage is a KEEPER, But ...
I sold the V9 Roamer , due to the -"Clunk-Click" shifting between 1-2-3-4th gears .   It was smooth 4-5-6th .  
It was/is still under warrantee , I took it to the dealer and had the mechanic test drive it in hope they could fix it.   So , I was told all the new Guzzi s shift like that --- but my V7II doesn't ???
I went and shifted some of the new V7III (2017 & up) that were on the showroom floor and they all sound like the V9 did.  
The V7II (2016) is a 6 speed and its as smooth as any machine I've ever had .  
It was the 50th anniversary  of the "V-motor" design in 2017 , and all the newer ones have Hemi-Heads , also the new design get great fuel millage 60mpg from a 900cc class bike.  
Without a wind shield the Click-Clank isn't so noticeable , but I like/need a windshield , so I like my 2016 model just fine and  will keep it for a "we" bike till something else comes along.
Its only has one throttle body to mess with , gets 55ish mpg (5.5gal.) , more than enough HP for most things , I put a Corbin seat on it for comfort and it handles GREAT !   Smiley
O-yea , three 40 Lt. bags are REALLY HANDY too .  Wink   They all pop-off (one at a time) with the turn of a key.

lucky_2020_2mp_001.jpg

srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #14 - 07/14/20 at 06:16:17

Something about the clunky shifting creates a lot of "feel" for the rider ... My bolt is that way too. Apparently they could have made it shift nice and slick, but opted for the "feel" - yea It feels like you dropped a sledge hammer into a steel bucket full of tools. Or yes farm equipment.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/20/24 at 02:53:18

General CategoryThe Cafe › Selling a bike

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.