Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
CL Mototech RFY Shock Package (Read 142 times)
Jdvt600

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: CL Mototech RFY Shock Package
Reply #15 - 07/03/20 at 09:26:37

Armen wrote on 07/02/20 at 20:12:25:
What a hot looking bike!

Agreed!

I'm still waiting for a reply from Chris but I suspect he may be occupied with racing season. He made a blog post about not filling orders this time last year.

@Gary_In_NJ Thanks for the info! I'm still trying to figure out which direction style wise to take my bike, but I hope to include weight reduction as a byproduct. Right now I'm looking to functional/performance upgrades while I continue to plan out the aesthetics.

@Dave thanks for the update regarding the reservoirs. They look great on your bike!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #16 - 07/03/20 at 14:38:01

Thanks for the compliments.......I am very happy the way the bike turned out.  That monstrous 8" headlight may not be pretty to folks who are used to the tiny 5-1/4" lights they put on Sportsters and other cruisers......but I like it!

I just got back from a 135 mile ride on all kinds of back roads south of here......a friend called and said he and 3 others were going for a ride and I tagged along.

The RFY reservoir shocks are a huge improvement over the other ones.  The bike rode and handled fine.....I believe I will be able to ride on these tires the rest of the year and try a set of Avon AM26 Road Riders for the next year.

The RFY reservoir shocks I installed are not modified by Chris.....and they seem to work well - but maybe they could be better?  Dunno' - I am not a suspension expert and really can't tell what would improve a ride (However I am pretty good at engines and it runs great!)

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Edub

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Arizona
Reply #17 - 07/03/20 at 15:28:19

Dave, do you have a build thread you can link here? I'd like to see the process you went through to build that beautiful bike!

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 07/03/20 at 16:38:55

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #19 - 07/03/20 at 17:51:50

Edub wrote on 07/03/20 at 15:28:19:
Dave, do you have a build thread you can link here? I'd like to see the process you went through to build that beautiful bike!

Well yes I "did" have a very extensive build thread - but unfortunately all the photos disappeared when TinyPic bailed out.  Someday I will have to try and restore some of the photos - it would be an multi-day task to do it.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Edub

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Arizona
Reply #20 - 07/03/20 at 19:54:09

Thanks for the link, Dave. I hope you'll be able to re-load the pictures at some point, I'm sure they'll help those if us who are thinking about planning our own projects.

On another note, it would be fantastic if one of the moderators would update the build sticky with a few of the more recent builds. I've seen some pretty good ones that aren't posted there that would be very helpful.

IP Logged
Edub

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Arizona
Reply #21 - 07/03/20 at 20:00:22

ohiomoto wrote on 07/03/20 at 16:38:55:

Thanks, somehow I didn't realize that's the same bike thread!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/05/24 at 04:18:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › CL Mototech RFY Shock Package

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.