Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Parting Out 2006 Suzuki s40 (Read 698 times)
BlakeEM
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Parting Out 2006 Suzuki s40
06/29/20 at 18:14:37

I'm parting out my wife's 2006 Suzuki s40. Everything must go. This was her daily ride for the last 5 years. We took very good care of it so most of the parts are in good shape besides normal wear and tear. The bike has just over 27k miles on it.

Here are some pictures.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12G7qJQhnRdiBqK-3GZatt2woPeEGnvnu?usp=sha
ring

It has a wrapped header with a Harley Dyna FXD Muffler.
Carburetor is in great working condition, it has a Dynojet stage 1 jet kit.

It has suzuki seat rest and rack.

Tank is in good shape with no dents, just some small scrapes on the front that you can see in the pictures. It comes with a different petcock out of an ATV since the stock one was problematic and much more expensive to replace.

Engine side covers, valve cover, and top chrome engine covers are in good shape. The rest of the engine is questionable due to engine failure but I can look at specific parts if interested.

The bike is light blue however the side covers were a different greenish color from the later model.

I can post more detailed pictures if interested in anything specific. I'll take any fair offer if you pay the shipping. I'm located in San Diego if you want to do local pickup.

Thanks!
-Blake

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Parting Out 2006 Suzuki s40
Reply #1 - 06/30/20 at 07:10:36

That is beautiful bike.
I'd like the whole front end handlebar, upper and lower triples with stem and fork legs. No need for wheel and tire.
The idea is to build a girder using a front end instead of the whole bike sitting at the shop LOL.
Lemme know how much shipped to 29063.
PS: I don't need the front fender either. Just legs, triples, handlebar and risers.

Cool.
Srinath.

« Last Edit: 06/30/20 at 08:16:02 by srinath »  
  IP Logged
garygrips
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/30/20 at 19:22:33

how much for the header pipe and or the muffler?

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 07/01/20 at 11:24:53

Have you opened the engine yet ?
I'm interested in the head, cam, and possibly other engine parts.

IP Logged
BlakeEM
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 07/01/20 at 16:47:04

I'll start disassembling this week and I'll get specific shipping prices once I get get the parts off and do a proper estimate. I'll contact people directly in the order I hear from them. I'll post pictures before agreeing on a price but here are some estimates.

@srinath I'd say $200 + shipping for the yoke/triple tree, forks, handlebars, and risers. The seals and everything looks in good shape.

@garygrips I'd say $100 + shipping for the header/muffler. The wrap was put on wet and coated in silicon spray to seal it from moisture. I made a shim using a coffee can since the muffler is slightly larger than the header pipe (this is a common swap for the bike).

@LANCER Engine is open and case split. I wouldn't want to sell anything in the lower end since the balancer damaged the crankshaft. Most other parts seem fine and it still had compression. The nut sheered off that holds the jug to the head so I'll need time to get around to separating them since the nut is so mangled right now. The head, valve cover, and valves all look in great shape. I'll have to check the piston because I'm not sure how it looks.

IP Logged
ShodanMike
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 07/01/20 at 17:15:42

HI Blake.

I'm in need of a carb.  What is your price?   Deliver ups to Nor Cal

you can contact me easiest by email.

mharris@edcoe.org

Thanks
Mike

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 07/02/20 at 05:34:53

BlakeEM wrote on 07/01/20 at 16:47:04:
@srinath I'd say $200 + shipping for the yoke/triple tree, forks, handlebars, and risers. The seals and everything looks in good shape.

I'm going to skip on this because I have no idea when or what my project is going to take off.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 07/02/20 at 08:56:32

Well, forks, fender, tank, and I'll Hafta look at the pegs again..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 07/02/20 at 09:13:28

The sidestand carrier doesnt look busted,, but there is a pocket in it, that the peg left vacant,, so, Im guessin all I need is the left peg to solve that issue,,

Forks, fender, tank, left peg, ahh,, the lights,, imagine that,, hittin that car busted up some lights,,
Broke all two of the left side lights,,
So, need those..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
BlakeEM
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 07/02/20 at 09:34:36

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/02/20 at 09:13:28:
The sidestand carrier doesnt look busted,, but there is a pocket in it, that the peg left vacant,, so, Im guessin all I need is the left peg to solve that issue,,

Forks, fender, tank, left peg, ahh,, the lights,, imagine that,, hittin that car busted up some lights,,
Broke all two of the left side lights,,
So, need those..

I hope you are alright! I know what that is like when I had a car illegally pull right in front of me.

You just need the fork tubes/legs?
How about handlebars? I know they often bend as well.
I'd guess $120 for both forks.
Foot peg like $10.

Tank I think $200. I'll leave in the petcock, it's much better if you have the oem one otherwise you can have a backup. I just need to remove the gauges because I assume you don't need them.

I HATE the turn signals on this thing. I believe the front ones are fine but the rear lenses kept falling off some reason even after buying new ones. I'll need to have a better look at them to make sure they are not damaged or something and I'll get back to you. $20 for each signal and I'll just throw in the rear one if it is damaged since it may be fixable and in better shape than what you have.

I think that only the tank would need to be shipped separately so it doesn't get damaged and everything else can be shipped together.

I'm starting disassembly later today so I'll know more and post some pictures then.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 07/02/20 at 13:23:50

Im thinkin Im just gonna hafta do the bodywork as well as I can on the tank,, and live with some imperfections..
Lets see what the signals act like,, spittin lenses goin down the road isnt something Im used to,,
Read it kinda fast,, mighta missed the fender,, but the crash sure didnt,,
Stuffed into the car at 45 MPH,, Dont know why, but since I didnt have time to even touch brakes,, I just decided to get off,, right shoulder into passenger window,, took a 90 degree turn from her forward motion across me,, and flew about 20 feet,, Didnt break anything,, screwed up a rotator cuff,, and Boy, now I understand what happens when ya swat a fly, ya think its dead, but in a few seconds it starts buzzin and goin in circles,, That sukker is in agony,,

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 07/02/20 at 13:24:59

Whats you zip code? Thatll help me figure freight..
Im in Gilmer Texas, 75645

IP Logged
BlakeEM
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 07/02/20 at 13:37:29

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/02/20 at 13:24:59:
Whats you zip code? Thatll help me figure freight..
Im in Gilmer Texas, 75645

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 07/02/20 at 14:54:56

Im thinkin theyre gonnA WAnt the oil drained,, else itll be Hazardous,,

I need the front axle, too,, Cant imagine how that got bent,,

Wheel looks to have survived,,

Kinda like to go tubeless,, so might retire it,, and that would probably be prudent, considering the slappin it took,, NO way to know if its actually safe to use.
I Thot I was gonna just get an idea, but apparently ya need more details,, and im not sure I have even a clue what that box would weigh, and how big it would have to be,,
I guess Ill wait on your best guess,
Maybe a second box for the fender?

Ill have the money for it in a week,, but Im not in a big hurry, you dont need to stress over it, Im not quite ready to drag the bike in the shop,, and when I do, I hafta hook a battery up and check spark,, because the wrecker driver didnt turn the ey off,, I Mite bneed the sparky box,,
Mine is an 02,, I dont remember what yours is, nor do I know if it would do it for me,, Hafta ask a Guru,,

Your city,, they want that,

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #14 - 07/03/20 at 04:27:58

For shipping forks..........remove the top caps, remove the springs, drain the oil, and then collapse the forks to reduce the length and allow the box to be smaller.  Fork springs can be packed alongside the forks rather than kept inside.  The font axle and other parts can be packed along side the forks.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 08:44:35

General CategoryThe Marketplace › Parting Out 2006 Suzuki s40

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.