Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Trump,, Factually Incorrect,, and the found it (Read 258 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Trump,, Factually Incorrect,, and the found it
06/27/20 at 18:49:09

Yep,, He just keeps hammering the top,, err, bottom, twenty places,  saying ALL of them are democrat run,,
Uhh, NO,, Time to Call him on it!

This is not the dunk that they think it is
From the Washington Post:

Trump keeps claiming that the most dangerous cities in America are all run by Democrats. They aren’t.

Over and over, Trump has shared that terse phrase with his tens of millions of Twitter followers, including on Wednesday and Thursday. And over and over, he has tried to imply that Democrats broadly and former vice president Joe Biden specifically are soft on crime. That his likely general election opponent and other leaders in the Democratic Party are happy to have social structures collapse into anarchy for some unclear reason.

To make that case, Trump has repeatedly lifted up a statistical factoid, as he did during an event at the White House on Wednesday.

“You hear about certain places like Chicago and you hear about what’s going on in Detroit and other — other cities, all Democrat run,” he said. “Every one of them is Democrat run. Twenty out of 20. The 20 worst, the 20 most dangerous are Democrat run.”

This is factually incorrect and the Washington Post is going to hammer Trump because of it.

What is the information they are going to use?

https://gunfreezone.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/mayor-crime.png

Oh, 17 out of the 20 are and the top 10 absolute most violent are Democrat-run.

Let’s dig deeper.  The mayor of Las Vegas is Carolyn Goodman, the wife of the former mayor Oscar Goodman.  They are independents but were registered Democrats until 2009.  Oscar Goodman was the Democrat mayor of Las Vegas for the first 10 years of his three terms in office.

The mayor of San Antonio is Ron Nirenberg, and while he is registered as an independent, he is a Progressive.  He’s so Progressive that he is not a Democrat because he is Left of the Democrats (if that is even possible at this point).

The one I have no history for is Springfield Mayor, Ken McClure.

So while only 17 out of the 20 are Democrats, 19 out of the 20 are either Democrats, former Democrats, or Leftist/Progressives.

Jacksonville seems to be the odd one out.

When it comes to per-capita violence, the Republican drops off, and 19 of the 20 are Democrat.

For the Washington Post, Trump is completely wrong because only 95% of our most violent cities are Democrat-run instead of 100%.

From a statistical standpoint, it is possible to reject the null hypothesis with more than a 95% confidence interval, but it’s dodgy.

If there was ever a time for this GIF, it’s now.

Partake this:

Save

More

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Trump,, Factually Incorrect,, and the found it
Reply #1 - 06/28/20 at 05:14:20

NYC in the 80's and early 90's was a total crime ridden chittehole - putting everything of today to shame. Trump the democrat contributor and real estate mogul - not the politician was the poster child of the rebuild - wasn't the most successful, profitable or even the likely biggest anything - but he was the face and name of that effort. He rarely ever gets credit for that obviously. Yea yea yea Disney cleaned up 42nd street off its hookers and crackheads, but Trump started that ball rolling.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 06/28/20 at 08:08:22

Yeah, but the list,, it says something,, just LOOK at the idiocy,,
Look, Man,, THESE people Believe they should RUN the Whole SHOW,,
Dont ya see how dangerous they are? Look at the ruin when they have soomething,,but they want to tell me and you How to live..
Gonna Make a Utopia dontchyaknow,,
They are the science deniers.
The facts are in
Gun control doent make for a safe society,
and the hyperventilating ove
But it makes it Safer

Is a lie
Ill take that Dangerous FREEDOM over safe enslavement to their ideology,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #3 - 06/28/20 at 09:19:16

I lived in NYC in the late 80s and again at the turn of the Millennium.
But the 80s was bad times for sure. In Queens every housing projects was a crack dealer warzone. Hispanic gangs from Corona were raiding other neighborhoods and knifing people with reckless abandon. Had some very interesting confrontations with them myself.
Rachel Carson's IS237Q where I did time was literally a prison with metal detectors and armed guards and despite all that security I had black kids pulling knives on me all the time. At least until I made one of them regret it.
On the subway you had to hold onto your sneakers each time the lights went out or they'd be gone when the lights came on again.
I ran with a gang of car strippers. 5 of us could reduce a car to an empty shell in minutes. Then we set what was left on fire to get rid of evidence.
My favorite part was after the car was lit we'd race each other to the nearest call box to be the one to pull the lever for the fire Department.
I only ever got to do it one time.

During the summer I delivered Penny Savers all over the city for 2 bucks an hour. Got plenty of cardio in some neighborhoods.
Other ones were so bad we'd toss our papers in the sewer or over the fence for the expressway and just lay low for a couple hours somewhere relatively safe until we got picked up again. Sometimes we didn't get picked up and had to skitch home on the back bumpers of city busses.

A good time was had by all.

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 06/28/20 at 17:06:32

And Biden will bring that back and blame Trump for it.

Oddly much of the reduction in crime around the 2000's and later, was due to … abortions. The criminals were simply - not born.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 06/28/20 at 17:41:16

Oddly much of the reduction in crime around the 2000's and later, was due to … abortions. The criminals were simply - not born.

Ive read articles that out that theory forward,, Sounds reasonable enuff,,
A certain part of the populatin being around 15% manages to commit such a high percentage of the crime,,kill off enough of them with abortion,, see the crime rate drop,, its just math,, and simple science,, as someone who Isnt a science denier,, I can grasp it as a POssible,, I think more needs done to determine it as an absolute,, But its certinly plausible,,

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 06/28/20 at 19:52:51

How about THAT?
Trump, incorrect..
And not one lefty celebrating.
Nobody Crowing about
Orange Man Stupid..
I wonder why...

How can you people get dragged around by the obvious, and never change?
The only voting block democrats have who who aren't ashamed of being democrats are the dead ones.
Why keep pretending the democrat platform is anything but the pos it has shown itself to be..
How can anyone stand to be a democrat?

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #7 - 06/28/20 at 20:32:25

What I don't get is why blacks can stand to be democrats. Historically speaking democrats have had it in for black people since their very beginning in the plantation days before the Civil War. They were the ones that wanted to keep slavery.

And they did...

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 06/28/20 at 23:05:06

"Nobody Crowing about
Orange Man Stupid..
I wonder why..."

Not sure where you go but where I am there are plenty.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 06/29/20 at 08:38:11

In spite of the facts,, which SHOW democrat run places suck,,but all you lefties believe YOUR ways are The Best,,
LOOK at the cities you clowns have OWNED for decades!
SHITHOLES,,
But YOu guys are smarter,,UhHuhh,,
explain why,,

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 06/29/20 at 09:49:31

Righties think their way is the best and lefties think their way is the best.

The people that don't care are usually the ones that get the most work done in my experience.  

Why exactly do we need to use a two-party system today?  If I can be shown that some city planning measure is more efficient if X,Y and Z steps are followed, why would I say no because X and Y came from "the other side"?

This type of stuff is exactly why the military ignores politics when it comes to practical application where risk is involved.  We can't do that guys, the General is a Democrat, we better find a Republican General to tell us what the plan is.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #11 - 06/29/20 at 10:16:31

Yup, we need a BLM party, a BlueLM party, a biker party, a trucker party and a tailgate party.
That's how India works. Someone with 15% of the vote makes bank cos there's 12 fools splitting the 85%.

This chit is dumber than a box of rocks.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 06/29/20 at 10:21:33

Everyone can THINK whatever they want..
But, when the EVIDENCE is so overwhelmig,, WHY would anyone continue to defend an ideology that Sounds Lovely,, BUT,, in Practice, doesnt work as well as the practices of those who they besmirch and sneer at?

Maybe its time to Stop being Science Deniers and CHANGE what ya think, into a position that Aligns with the proven Facts..
Thinking the Tooth Fairy is real is fine,, when youre 3,, Its time to grow up and admit the facts of life..
The democrat WAYS are demonstrably failed.
And,,
If GUns were the problem,, All of this would be inverted,,
Can you dispute that?
If GUNS are the problem,, then wouldnt it be Republican cities that are more violent>?

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #13 - 06/29/20 at 11:20:47

We have 1 more party than Communist nations have. But one of those parties is Communist.

I'd get behind a military coup. I'd rather have the military run the country considering current options. Heck the Mafia might even be an improvement.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 06/29/20 at 14:14:11

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/29/20 at 10:21:33:

Everyone can THINK whatever they want..
But, when the EVIDENCE is so overwhelmig,, WHY would anyone continue to defend an ideology that Sounds Lovely,, BUT,, in Practice, doesnt work as well as the practices of those who they besmirch and sneer at?

Maybe its time to Stop being Science Deniers and CHANGE what ya think, into a position that Aligns with the proven Facts..
Thinking the Tooth Fairy is real is fine,, when youre 3,, Its time to grow up and admit the facts of life..
The democrat WAYS are demonstrably failed.
And,,
If GUns were the problem,, All of this would be inverted,,
Can you dispute that?
If GUNS are the problem,, then wouldnt it be Republican cities that are more violent>?

So,, E,, NOw youve changed your mind about the ideas that democrats say will create a Better Society, ? Or, evidence you dont like means nothing?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 03:30:16

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Trump,, Factually Incorrect,, and the found it

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.