Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Creepy Diversity Pledge Crap (Read 288 times)
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Creepy Diversity Pledge Crap
06/18/20 at 18:13:25

What is this scary brainwashing crap that's popping up everywhere?
All of these corporate diversity and inclusion pledges that business executives have to all go sign now are unbelievable. And since crap always rolls downhill it's only a matter of time before CEOs start forcing all the rank and file to sign it too or lose their jobs.
It's seriously creepy and fascist.
I'm not doing it!
I refuse to have this insanity forced down my throat to save my job.
It's sick and demented.
https://www.ceoaction.com/pledge/

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Creepy Diversity Pledge Crap
Reply #1 - 06/18/20 at 18:35:18

This has been around for about a decade.

What is sick and demented?  The method?  Or the process of diversifying a business?

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #2 - 06/18/20 at 19:48:44

What's sick and demented is how people can get cancelled if they refuse.

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 06/19/20 at 05:48:17

"What's sick and demented is how people can get cancelled if they refuse."

I sort of understand this.

If it were company policy, and not a third party "pledge" would it be different at all?

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #4 - 06/19/20 at 06:37:32

Diversity and inclusion policies are already a standard in the corporate landscape. Employees are already forced to take training for it and sign an acknowledgement form.
But this step of taking a pledge goes too far. I swore an oath to my country when I joined the service.
I will not swear oaths to my employer regardless.

The whole thing rubs me wrong. The consequences of not only losing your job but finding yourself black listed for your refusal to accept will destroy your career. That sort of thing is totalitarianism plain and simple and its being enforced all over the place. Journalists and writers who refuse to blindly follow the narrative of the left, University professors who cannot in good conscience preach the diatribe of political correctness in place of real-world history. Politicians and former celebs that at one time decades ago made a snide remark about some groups of people etc. etc.
This power of cancellation being swung recklessly with wild abandon by a typically uninformed mob of woke witch hunters is a re-enactment of the Spanish Inquisition.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 06/19/20 at 08:06:50

This chit will do the worsening of life for Blacks cos these fools will just hire every other illegal and 1/2 legal immigrant they can find.
This chit is completely irrelevant if they cut off illegal and legal immigration because they have no option but to hire locals which includes blacks if that's what is the local population.
But hey, blacks vote reliably democrap, immigrants vote reliably democrap, so its win win.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #6 - 06/19/20 at 08:44:24

In practice diversity + inclusion policies boil down to more H1B visa employees from India.
Definitely the case where I work which despite their lip service for D+I is the least inclusive company culture I've ever seen but they hire entire departments worth of Indians as though it was a buy one get one free sale.
Recently I had a discussion with a black female coworker about how after a year I've never been introduced to anybody at company events and meetings etc. and the only reason I know the names of people in my office is because of name tags at their desks. She agreed and said that's the exact same experience she's had but she's been there 4 years longer than I have.

Funny how this inclusion nonsense doesn't even apply to black employees in real life. It's all a scam to replace American workers regardless of their race. And black employees there know it. They aren't blind.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 06/19/20 at 11:13:37

They aren't blind.

They are if theyre still democrats

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 06/19/20 at 12:04:09

philthymike wrote on 06/19/20 at 08:44:24:
Funny how this inclusion nonsense doesn't even apply to black employees in real life. It's all a scam to replace American workers regardless of their race. And black employees there know it. They aren't blind

Its there to bypass blacks. There was a job fair and one of the major banks rounded up a bunch of black people at their booth and started talking to them about - not the job or the company or $$ or any of that nonsense, they were explaining to them about "diversity" at their company and how important it was to them.
Like WTF ???? Its petty much like telling them you're only here because we've been told to talk to you.

This chit has been advertised, and popularized and publicized and promoted and socialized for 30+ yrs at this point, and spectacularly more and more and more black people have been pushed down ward - there have been a few that have been almost by accident as well as some who have worked for it get pulled up, almost seems random accident.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #9 - 06/19/20 at 15:06:50

It's all hollow virtue signaling and fake-a$$ bullcrap. On ground level it just reeks of the ploy it really is.
But at the same time we're being groomed to eventually blindly pledge to whatever they demand. And after that 1st pledge we're broken and then follows more pledges....

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 06/19/20 at 15:29:11

I always considered this to be a lawsuit and marketing issue.  A "pledge" or "oath" essentially means nothing to most people, especially if one isn't particularly religious or loyal to any ideology.  

Much like a "guarantee" means essentially nothing in business, unlike a "warranty" which can legally be challenged.  An "Oath" is prosecutable in official office, but not in private business.

"Pledge" allegiance to a flag - then burn it, nothing happens, "pledge" means nothing.  Tell everyone how much the US sucks, hold up "God hates the military" signs at veteran funerals: Nothing happens, pledge means nothing.

Pledge money to a charity, ignore them later and never give any coin: Nothing happens, pledge means nothing.

So in this case I'd say signing a pledge is more of a "Look what we did!" thing than anything else.

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #11 - 06/19/20 at 16:04:35

Those are good points. I still say it's a slippery slope. But also root for the bad guy in movies  Cheesy

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #12 - 06/19/20 at 16:05:18

What does forcing someone to sign a pledge say?
Please don't pretend holding someone's job in the balance isn't Forcing them..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #13 - 06/19/20 at 16:37:50

Then comes the LGBLT pledge. Then the gender dyspnea pledge, then the kill working class white people pledge and the pledge to the new totalitarian communist state. Then the pledge to not attempt to escape the concentration camps...

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #14 - 06/20/20 at 15:41:33

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/19/20 at 16:05:18:
What does forcing someone to sign a pledge say?
Please don't pretend holding someone's job in the balance isn't Forcing them..

Signing a pledge you don't believe in is essentially a le. If someone can get you to lie about one thing then you've demonstrated that you will cede the truth to meet their demands. That's very dangerous.

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/09/24 at 10:27:38

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Creepy Diversity Pledge Crap

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.