06/13/20 at 19:18:07

White Privilege;

Is that where someone who has a skin color other than white,
is advanced,
protected,
given a job without being qualified for it,
or given money,
without working for it ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: White Privilege;
Reply #1 - 06/14/20 at 05:39:34

No.

It is being of Caucasian descent in the US.

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #2 - 06/14/20 at 05:43:25

Yes. At least if you're this poor confused black soul brother.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/black-white-privilege/2020/06/11/e9da0...

He's not a brother man, he's the other man.

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 06/14/20 at 06:07:04

Subscribe to continue reading. Already a subscriber? S

not me,,

My white privilege allowed me to get told NO,, I would love to hire you, but youre not black, female, or latino. You have all the qualifications I am looking for and I need someone, today, but I cant hire YOU..
My white privilege allowed me to work my AssOff in the oilfield,, instead of installing phones,,
Tired of hearing about it,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #4 - 06/14/20 at 07:21:40

You left out gay. That helps alot since HR personnel are almost exclusively gay or lesbian nowadays and they love to deny us heteros jobs in favor of their own flavors whether qualified or not.

My so called privilege was to have a career in electronics and then not be able to find work after NAFTA sent the entire industry overseas. Then I had to work 3 part time minimum wage jobs simultaneously to pay my way through community college because I didn't qualify for financial aid for some strange reason. Then after starting my shiny new career in IT I again found myself out of work indefinitely after the dotcom bubble burst. Then at the age of 31 had to join the US Navy because it was the only way to get health benefits for my family. Then the Navy kicked me out 3 years later because of a minor heart problem that precludes me from working with electricity which sucked since I was an electriciansmate. And to top it off they prosecuted me for lying on my enlistment with the reason that I'd probably had the problem since birth so I couldn't get a medical discharge. I did what the Navy refused to do and had my heart problem corrected 2 years ago. The bill was $188K.
Apparently the Navy didn't seem to think I had $188K worth of white privilege.
Maybe my white privilege credit limit is as low as my actual credit score.

Or maybe I'm not as white as I think I am?  Grin

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #5 - 06/14/20 at 07:46:38

I left out the best part. My IT career will end the same way my electronics career ended. Half of the IT jobs in this country have been moved to India and Pakistan. Half of the remaining jobs here on our soil are filled by Indian people including the upper management positions that make the hiring decisions. And just like the gays they only like to hire their own kind.

I sure wish I was a gay Indian right now  Cheesy

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 06/14/20 at 07:57:10

philthymike wrote on 06/14/20 at 07:46:38:
I left out the best part. My IT career will end the same way my electronics career ended. Half of the IT jobs in this country have been moved to India and Pakistan. Half of the remaining jobs here on our soil are filled by Indian people including the upper management positions that make the hiring decisions. And just like the gays they only like to hire their own kind.

Yea Injuns are freaking intolerant of Gay's. So that definitely wont work.

Worse yet, you cant even be just Injun and get hired, you need to be from the same freaking province/state/corner … worse yet you also cant be in the US for longer or less time than the Idiot manager or speak the native crap language s/he speaks less or more fluently.

This is why that whole H1 chitte needs to burn down.

Seriously we're headed to a 3rd world status - if dems take over, it will just get there much much faster.
Trump has barely got it choked … its still breefing very very well just pretending it cant breef.
Border wall is a red herring. The robbery is taking place in the statements both sides make "we're for legal immigration" Sorry bloody hell no. I know, I first cluelessly made use of it. But as I start to see the crap that's happening its getting harder and harder.

I am pro "immigration reform". The Reform I want to see is - we flush all illegals and waiting for immigration etc out. Self deport all of em.

Like the old joke "ban Apartheid" I am the victim. Yea was around in India cos we played South Africa in Cricket.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 06/14/20 at 07:59:07

BTW George Floyd was in Jail for armed robbery of an 80 yr old woman beating her in the process and putting a gun to her pregnant grand daughters head.
I wish those people are admissible as witnesses in the trial of his death.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 06/14/20 at 08:53:14

Regardless of whether he was an angel or a devil, it doesn't give a cop the right to act as judge, jury, and executioner.
There was plenty enough cops there the safely subdue without a knee on his throat.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 06/14/20 at 09:16:23

Yes perfectly said - let the people who have a stake Floyd's family for sure, and the guy who called cops seeing the fake $20 and the other people in Floyd's life, like people he held a gun to and beat up and robbed - all get a say.

That is what I call a fair trial. All of it gets on the national news.
Not the bits that fit the narrative.

One more low life out of the gene pool, some may view that as a positive, but then he may have had kids who with his big dude genes and better upbringing from the police less lawless and free society become some massive sports mavens. Maybe One becomes a boxer or a weight lifter or anything else.

In any case censorship of the news - I thought he was a normal non criminal record holding upstanding citizen all along. Had to go look for his earlier priors.

Cover up = lying, omission - lying. Just understand that.
No he may not have deserved to die, but all the people who have been involved in his life get to have a say in the court of public opinion. Not just you and me.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 06/14/20 at 10:33:48

philthymike wrote on 06/14/20 at 07:46:38:

How much do you actually Look like Liz Warren?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 06/14/20 at 10:35:02

Serowbot wrote on 06/14/20 at 08:53:14:
Regardless of whether he was an angel or a devil, it doesn't give a cop the right to act as judge, jury, and executioner.
There was plenty enough cops there the safely subdue without a knee on his throat.

Absolutely,, and I dont know anyone who disagrees,,

SO,,
With the arrests,, and support of the vast majority

WHEN is it enough looting?

IP Logged
won in a photo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Arizona City, Arizona
Reply #12 - 06/14/20 at 11:16:02

Two separate facts. 1}George Floyd was convicted of robbery in 2007.  2}a policeman handcuffed him then kneeled on his neck and killed him. I support the police in general. this cop kills a man in broad daylight. with people all around.  this cops and others  are out of control.  arguing that Floyd has felony conviction is weak.  a felony  conviction does justify it. talking about big dude genes sounds racist.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 06/14/20 at 11:47:17

Im sorry,, maybe I wasnt clear enough
The COPS have been Arrested,,

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 06/14/20 at 11:50:24

The cops were arrested and charged in record time, about 8 months 3 weeks faster than normal.

Maybe if I burn my house down things will go even faster next time.  Seems logical right?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/09/24 at 14:17:50

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › White Privilege;

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.