Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Does Serowbot have a build thread? (Read 195 times)
SavageMan99

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Does Serowbot have a build thread?
Reply #15 - 06/16/20 at 07:08:38

Serobot,
What is the benefit of the GS front end?
I have one, but don't have a donor tank to clear the forks.
Also, any idea if the savage forks will fit the triple tree?  I rebuilt mine and added the progressive springs, hate to give them up.

IP Logged
akhsha
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 06/16/20 at 20:16:37

Serowbot wrote on 06/15/20 at 07:50:21:
Honestly,... I installed my muffler before I discovered the rail mount shorty's... So mine is the tab mount, and although I made it work just fine with the stock mount, I eventually cut the entire rail section of the bracket off and drilled a bolt hole in the round tubing part of the bracket to secure the muff.
I have noticed that the flat, rail bar of the mount has lip along the top and bottom. Just grinding that lip off would allow a rail type muffler to angle in a bit.
It took me a while to get comfortable with hacking off the portion of the bracket to make my shorty run straight.  I first had to make sure I was never going back to stock,... and secondly I had to install the Intruder shocks for vertical clearance.
Hope that's understandable and helpful to you.

Very helpful and understandable. I did get a rail mount dyna muffler, so hopefully I'll have some options. There's a $14 s40 muffler mount on ebay right now, so I figure if I cut into something and regret it later, I could always revert back to stock.

Thanks very much for chiming in here!

2009 S40 with about 11k miles.
Verslavy, Raptor petcock, 12.5" shocks, harley muffler, 55 pilot jet, half size nylon washer.
  IP Logged
Edub

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Arizona
Reply #17 - 06/17/20 at 15:06:04

Jdvt600 wrote on 06/14/20 at 09:24:16:
@Serow The bike looks great. Is that a custom seat? It kind of looks like it might be a V-Star seat.

I sure do miss Tucson and the Sonoran Desert. I lived there for about 7 years. I still hope to return one day and make it the final stop.

I miss Tucson, too. Lived there growing up, left when I joined the military. Interviewed for a job at UofA, and then the coronavirus hit.... still hoping to return there. Love your bike, Serowbot!

IP Logged
Edub

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Arizona
Reply #18 - 06/17/20 at 15:09:49

Akhsha, I hope you'll post up photos of your progress, it sounds like you have an interesting project going. Serowbot's bike is a one of a kind, and I'm happy to see him posting pics in your thread. It's a unique take on the Savage platform, one I really like, too.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 19:19:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Does Serowbot have a build thread?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.