Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Can't find info for my carb strange situation (Read 169 times)
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

.Reply
Reply #15 - 06/06/20 at 07:57:14

It was this forum that made me buying a LS 650 2000 for penaut money.
And mayby.. im old and know about to buing a alredy used bike/car!
To that.. im not sure that its a petcock isiue, not the petcock anyhow, mayby some other issuises that got solved.

Soo I got other sugestions.. an old bike, rust in the tank/E!0 fuel, gonna get more water in to it!
In anycase. its a carburated bike.. carburatours have a lot of problems, if one dont use the engin every day!

Did you buy a new petkock or did you only clean the filters?

IP Logged
astrozombie
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Can't find info for my carb strange situation
Reply #16 - 06/06/20 at 10:24:28

Zepp,
 I bought an OEM Yamaha Raptor 660 petcock like I was recommended to do and all my problems went away.

v/r
Matt

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 06/06/20 at 10:33:01

astrozombie wrote on 06/06/20 at 10:24:28:
Zepp,
 I bought an OEM Yamaha Raptor 660 petcock like I was recommended to do and all my problems went away.

v/r
Matt

I think Im gonna go get a dozen.. I dont think one will solve all my problems,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 06/06/20 at 12:21:06

[quote author=6E7C7B7D607560626D666A0F0 link=1591328606/15#16 date=1591464268]Zepp,

v/r
Matt[/quote
I like that you reding a lot on this forum. its the best if one have LS650 or a S40, cant find any better!
And to that.. there are several treads on any other problems.. about having a bike, perticaly about having a LS650 or an S40!
In anycase, your problems like to have dissapered, buy a lottare ticket, it could mean that you got lucky!
And to that.. dont hope that much about that.. its mostly about your petcock swtch.. did you emtpy your tank and carburator, befor you get a new peckcock to  it?
And to the suposed  that it going to rich.. it must beeing that you adjusted the carburator to that?
And to almoste any other case, some person buy this bike.. its rader more like to get leeen, becuse of dirt in the carburator.. its the mane cause!
In any case.. its vacum petcock. check the tubes!
In all other ways.. change the petcock make you do a lot of other things, mayby this was the solution
To that, this bike is as simple and sturdie as one preserv it as!
In anyway.. get lucky and have a good riding.
I cant find any thing that a new petcock could make your bike run leaner.. in anycase, dont bother, anything that got right is a solution!

IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #19 - 06/06/20 at 15:53:19

Zepp,

Is there a way to change the petcock without draining the tank? Even if you disconnect the tank and turn it up-side-down, it’s gonna mostly empty. Quite a mess that method. Also Zepp, the condition described is classic petcock failure. Yes, there could be further improvement with a carb cleaning and proper jetting, but the over riding problem - a non running bike - has been solved. With a running bike the OP can focus on improvements.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
astrozombie
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 06/06/20 at 21:47:25

Zepp,
 I need to be more precise in my language.  The issues with my Savage that I was having seems to have cleared up with the new petcock.  I've been riding it for the past two days and it runs like a dream.  I had cleaned out the gas tank and carb but to no avail.  The recommendations of more experienced Savage riders on this forum steered me to the correct solution (I appreciate the humor justin_o_guy2.  I wish a petcock would fix my life's problems!).  I am a novice with the Savage.  Keep hitting up the guys who know more.  They are generous and timely with their knowledge.  Good luck.

v/r

Matt

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #21 - 06/07/20 at 11:21:08

(I appreciate the humor justin_o_guy2.

Look Guys! One! Finally!

Maybe I should retire,,

Just call me JOG,, no sense typin all that junk ,,

Besides, the forum wont let ya say
not a very nice person..s0, JOG will do

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #22 - 06/07/20 at 17:50:03

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/07/20 at 11:21:08:
(I appreciate the humor justin_o_guy2.

Look Guys! One! Finally!

Maybe I should retire, ...

Well, I guess the only way from here .... is down! Cool

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/05/24 at 04:12:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Can't find info for my carb strange situation

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.