Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Whats it like in your town? (Read 74 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Whats it like in your town?
05/31/20 at 17:42:22

We have one walmart shut down,, fear of riots, I have no idea why,, if there are threats or people observed action,, IDK,,

Hmm, BOY,, Normal has been tossed right out the window,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Whats it like in your town?
Reply #1 - 05/31/20 at 18:35:10

Been in Denver working at the Capitol for weeks with the SARS stuff, this involves travel to and from labs, Judicial and other Federal buildings.  Haven't been to the Capitol since Saturday as the peaceful protests resulted in a few hundred people escalating things with law enforcement.  There's a lot of graffiti, and general vandalism all over the Capitol building now but peaceful protest groups come out in the morning and clean up the best they can.

Downtown gets shut down for hours as people march all over so traffic gets clogged or stops.  A few times the interstate was blocked.  

So far it's a balance between lawful protests, the passive "lets block traffic" protests, and the violent "lets try to get cops to kill someone else" protests.

For me the most frustrating part is that the logistics, crowd control, munitions stuff is part of my current job, but I am stuck dealing with other commitments so I can't assemble teams and work on things with the CO National Guard and such unless it gets worse.  I'm really looking forward to getting back to my primary work.

IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #2 - 06/01/20 at 04:05:59

I am in the middle of nowhere NJ.  I can go up on my hill behind my house and see the freedom tower in Nyc  off in the distance ,
I have traveled to Montclair NJ but everything is quiet so far.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 06/01/20 at 06:06:11

I live in a heavily republican state even though there is a lot of black people in this town per se (Columbia SC) - its been very nice and no rioting at all. Protests also have not happened, D/T Columbia is a ghost town because Virus has USC shut down and its summer holidays anyway. USC was what made cola D/T and its now dead.

I've been impressed with Columbia and SC in general through the Virus and now the rioting. They have been giving food in schools and everything is super orderly and nice and really really even people are courteous and happy to volunteer and everything.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #4 - 06/01/20 at 06:54:28

The same stupidity as in the bigger cities here. Just on a smaller scale. The population of Rochester NY is only around 220 thousand, so it's hard to compete with the lunacy in the real big places that have many more idiots to get all riled up.

The "peaceful demonstrations" that started in the afternoon degenerated into rioting and looting as soon as it got dark. Pretty much confined to the neighborhoods where all the trouble here always is. Windows broken, stores ransacked, sh*t set on fire.  One poor woman trying to defend her property got badly beaten by some a*sholes with boards. She's lucky she wasn't killed. A few arrests, but not nearly as many as there should have been.

The mayor - black,female,democrat - blamed the violence on "outside agitators and anarchists"

I doubt that very many "outside agitators and anarchists" from wherever have ever even heard of Rochester NY, much less hustled up here to start some rioting on a few hours notice, but that's the official story.

The couple of jerks I saw on the news coming out of one of the ransacked liquor stores with a bottle in each hand, and a couple more stuffed in their pants, didn't look much like "outside agitators to me.  More like the local feral denizens. Probably lived in some sh*thole hovel right around the corner from the store they just robbed and wrecked.

The park where I walk my dog every morning is right on the border between the city proper and the suburban town where I live. It has been clean and quiet and practically empty all weekend. Of course there isn't anything to steal there, it's mostly grass and trees, and the dog and I take our walk at 7am or so. I guess the "protesters" probably sleep in, so they are all rested up for another night of "peaceful demonstrations".

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 06/01/20 at 08:35:41

Oh BTW that same BS is afoot in Columbia as well. Apparently all are from outside city and some from outside the state - largely pretty much smaller than anywhere else, and it is in a different part from what I counted as the "D/T" area - cos well, its by the bus depot which IMHO not D/T but what do I know. Like we all know during a pandemic you need to get on busses and go to a riot. That's the best course of action.

Its pretty much like that Hitchcock movie strangers on a train. Your town's residents come to my town to riot and loot, and my town's people go to yours. WTF for ???? no idea.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 06/01/20 at 09:34:26

Would it be fair to say the
Daytime Peaceful Protesting
is really analogous to the
Tailgate Party?
Sun goes down, we Kick off the REal party?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 06/03/20 at 10:08:10

I live right outside of Richmond, it's a mess. What ever happened to water cannons?

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 06/03/20 at 10:54:24

MShipley wrote on 06/03/20 at 10:08:10:
I live right outside of Richmond, it's a mess. What ever happened to water cannons?

If they put some high powered soap in those water cannons, they can also clean up the streets at the same time dontcha think.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #9 - 06/03/20 at 13:50:31

Peaceful protests here in Daytona Beach over the weekend. Two marches over the bridges going beachside. The only violence was when some white lady ran over a protester's foot and stopped on it for almost two minutes while shouting racial slurs and curses at him. None of the other protesters attacked the lady even though they had a reason to. Instead they called the cops and they filed charges against her.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 06/03/20 at 17:45:15

St Louis has been trashed as usual. 4 Police shot and one retired officer murdered and shown dying on Facebook Live. A black man. Killed by looters robbing his store. None of you know his name.

BLM is the biggest f’ing joke of all time.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #11 - 06/04/20 at 06:13:26

Well, the police finally got around to releasing the info about the arrests here in Rochester,NY. All of the people arrested after the first - and worst - night of festivities, except for one, were city residents. The one who was not from the city was a 19 year old from one of the suburbs that borders the city.  Probably crawled out of his mamma's basement with his Antifa starter kit and caught a Uber downtown to join the fun.

Two more arrests this morning  One from the city and one from the same suburb as the 19 year old from the first night.

Police say they have possibly identified, and are looking for for 7 more guys for looting a liquor store.

So much for the mayor's pronouncement that all the trouble was just "outside agitators and anarchists" and not the fine law abiding citizens of her fair city. Roll Eyes

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #12 - 06/04/20 at 07:12:02

Ooooo a local getting arrested - so I would now guess Rochester is too far for "out of town/state rioters to travel to, so they have to do their own rioting and looting.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/20/24 at 06:39:30

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Whats it like in your town?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.