Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Who's selling their Ryca Savage in Denver, 5/20? (Read 91 times)
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Who's selling their Ryca Savage in Denver, 5/20?
05/30/20 at 18:36:16

Saw this on CL today.  Wonder if you're on here.

https://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/d/denver-1995-suzuki-savage-boulevard/71257616
66.html

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Who's selling their Ryca Savage in Denver, 5/2
Reply #1 - 05/30/20 at 21:52:09

We had a Denver based astronaut for a member, dunno if he's still there, or if he built a ryca,but if you go see it and you can eat off the garage floor,, it's probably him..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 05/31/20 at 04:44:16

I could not get the link to work......maybe this will.

https://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/d/denver-1995-suzuki-savage-boulevard/71257...

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 05/31/20 at 06:29:16

Izzat tank slightly dented on top?
Looks like a bit of an Eyebrow workin toward the riders right thigh.

Up to Sixty MPG, Im guessin thats the side of the hill where yer goin Downnnn..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #4 - 05/31/20 at 10:08:52

With just 11 miles on the build there is still more work to do. Ya know working out all the bugs and rattles. Don't forget the test n tune too.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 05/31/20 at 10:18:44

There's a lot to like about a Ryca,.. but that cap over the speedo hole irks me...
I think I'd leave the stock speedo in place... even if it's hard to see.
Who watches the speedo in twisties anyway?... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #6 - 05/31/20 at 10:37:08

RYCA is working on the next generation kit right now (literally). Looking at the tack-up it would appear that a purpose built tank is being used. The tank looks a little shorter as well.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Fast 650

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Valrico, FL
Reply #7 - 05/31/20 at 10:45:15

Serowbot wrote on 05/31/20 at 10:18:44:
There's a lot to like about a Ryca,.. but that cap over the speedo hole irks me...

That is easy to fix with a welder and a couple of pieces of sheet metal. Plus you gain about a quart more fuel capacity that way.

The part that I don't get is, why are so many turning their bikes into bobbers and cafe racers, then selling them after riding them around the block once or twice?

IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #8 - 05/31/20 at 13:00:41

Fast 650 wrote on 05/31/20 at 10:45:15:
The part that I don't get is, why are so many turning their bikes into bobbers and cafe racers, then selling them after riding them around the block once or twice?

Because a lot of people build bikes with built-in and unknown compromises. These compromises don’t reveal themselves until the bike is between your legs and you’re going down the road. A cafe racer or a bobber, or even a thing-ma-bobber look cool, but they are single purpose bikes and in order to live with these bikes you need to compromise, or have other bikes that meet your other riding needs.

When I built my cafe racer I was aware of the compromises and did my best to modify to my liking the inherent compromises in both the RYCA kit and a cafe racer. I like my bike and ride it often, but I also have other bikes for other purposes. If the cafe was my only ride, I probably would have grown tired of it by now. I quite enjoy riding it - it always brings a smile to my face. But I ride the bike in its element (twisty back roads). If I had this bike on the highway daily, I’d probably hate the bike.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 05/31/20 at 17:19:33

When I have a bike, up and running,, I only have one,, and that bike needs to do certain things for me,, Like be able to haul groceries, or stuff from the hardware store, or gasoline for the mower,, A cafe, cool as they look and as fun as a lightweight bike must be to ride,, I cant do that..

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #10 - 06/01/20 at 15:04:10

Gary_in_NJ wrote on 05/31/20 at 13:00:41:
Fast 650 wrote on 05/31/20 at 10:45:15:

Because a lot of people build bikes with built-in and unknown compromises. These compromises don’t reveal themselves until the bike is between your legs and you’re going down the road. A cafe racer or a bobber, or even a thing-ma-bobber look cool, but they are single purpose bikes and in order to live with these bikes you need to compromise, or have other bikes that meet your other riding needs.

The Cafe' bike is a hoot to ride on smooth, twisty back roads where it is in it's element.  Long distance cruising, gravel roads, 4 lane highways and commuting aren't all that much fun on it.  I have ridden some 300 miles days on it when we are down in the mountains, and thankfully the group likes to stop every hour and look at the scenery, take a bathroom brake or buy fuel - that makes the tiny seat doable for me.  On those day rides I either need to use a backpack or find some spare room in MM's saddlebags (old_rider once pointed out it is in bad taste to "put your junk in another man's trunk"!).  Similarly I believe the bobbers and choppers have a limit on what they are good a - not too many guys riding them all day.

I have been riding my Cafe' bike a bit less now that I have some very comfortable sport touring bikes - but I still love my Cafe' Savage and it will be the last bike I ever sell.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/28/24 at 06:48:21

General CategoryThe Cafe › Who's selling their Ryca Savage in Denver, 5/20?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.