Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
GoPro for Cole and his 700cc "Super Thumper" (Read 65 times)
Jdvt600

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

GoPro for Cole and his 700cc "Super Thumper"
05/29/20 at 13:31:09

Hey everyone. I've been lurking on the forums and various ls650 social sites for a bit.  I've scoured for videos of Savage builds. I've noticed there aren't many videos of built bikes. Even many of the posts on this forum are old and missing the pictures of performance modified bikes. In search for some new content, I've reached out to "Cole" of Facebook to see if he would be willing to upload some content of his build and various two wheel endeavors.

Although I don't know his username, Cole is probably on the forums as he mentioned ordering parts from Lancer to build his 700cc ‘SuperThumper'.

Here is a direct link to the GoFundMe gf.me/u/x47q59 to purchase and send Cole a GoPro Hero8 and Chest Harness which he can use and share some new ls650 and two wheel related videos. Below is a copy/paste of the Facebook post in the Thumper and Savage International groups in Facebook.

Quote:
Let's get Cole a GoPro!

https://www.facebook.com/GoldSkizzy

Looking for performance ls650 videos? Me too. I've found ample videos of slip on demos and stock savage reviews, but there are very few videos of performance based Savages.

Cole is an active member of the ls650 community with a serious Thumper. His bike is one of, if not the best performance built Savage/s40s around and active on social media. I've reached out to him and he's onboard with posting some content of his journeys.

The gofundfund goal is based on the current list price for a GoPro Hero8 and Chest Harness on the GoPro site. If we hit the goal, it'll ship out directly to Cole.

The goal of this is to support more content for the ls650 community, specifically some performance based videos showing what the Thumper is capable of. gofundme doesn't have a time limitation, but if the goal isn't achieved in a reasonable amount of time (few months), I will be donating the funds to greenberetfoundation.org. This is my first gofundme, so I've reached out to their support to make sure this process is as smooth as possible.

Cole's pictures are appreciated, but lets get some quality audio and video uploaded!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: GoPro for Cole and his 700cc "Super Thumper
Reply #1 - 05/29/20 at 15:47:25

I have a couple of YouTube videos or riding - but not of the build.

Here I am on my Savage Cafe' bike chasing Stewmills and MMRanch.  In the first video Stew is in front of me on his Savage in the first part of the video, at about 7:50 I pass Stew and catch up to MMRanch on his 883 Sportster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu-2kNjUHsE

DragBikeMike:  If you happen to see this - maybe this will help you to understand why most of my riding is done at part throttle, and I very seldom use full throttle.  It is the curves that provide the thrills, and going fast on the straight sections just makes it so you catch the slow cars and trucks sooner!   Most of my riding is done between 2,500 - 4,000 rpm.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Re: GoPro for Cole and his 700cc "Super Thumper"
Reply #2 - 05/30/20 at 16:18:23

Very cool vid David.  You're never gonna wear out that engine.  Barely gets above idle.  On the rare occasion that you throttle up it's evident that there's plenty of steam on tap.

Where are you guys riding?  I imagine you are plumb tuckered out after a day on those switch-backs.  I'm likin the noise level too.  All three scooters seem to be whisper quiet.  Model citizens.

I'm also impressed with the courtesy displayed by the cars & trucks.  Very kind of them to pull off and let you hot-rodders get by.

Thanks for sharing the vid.   Cool

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: GoPro for Cole and his 700cc "Super Thumper"
Reply #3 - 05/30/20 at 19:03:06

DragBikeMike:

That video is at the Tail of the Dragon.  The north end is in Tennessee and the south end is in North Carolina.  The road is 11 miles long and there are 318 curves.  Some of the curves are tricky as you can't see around them, and they are decreasing radius and the speed you enter may not be the speed you can keep all the way around.  Those curves catch a lot of bikes and cars by surprise, and it is pretty common for a few crashes each day.  This area of the Blue Ridge Mountains has some very fun roads and although the Tail of the Dragon is the most famous.....there are others that are just as nice.  The majority of slower traffic does pull over and let you pass - however not everyone does and although you can get past most of them.........it becomes a problem when you have a slow car in front and 2-3 more behind them.  I used to let that bother me - now I just turn around and enjoy the curves again by going back the way I came.......then turn around and ride back.  I go there to ride the curves.....and they are fun in either direction when you don't have a schedule to keep.  A lot of the slower bikers will wave you past when they see you come up behind them.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: GoPro for Cole and his 700cc "Super Thumper
Reply #4 - 05/30/20 at 20:25:25

The Blue Ridge area is indeed a fun place to ride.
I miss it.  Maybe before too long again.  😎🏍😁🚁

« Last Edit: 06/12/20 at 18:40:48 by LANCER »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/28/24 at 01:03:27

General CategoryThe Cafe › GoPro for Cole and his 700cc "Super Thumper"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.