Big vibrations issue (Read 198 times)
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: Big vibrations issue
Reply #15 - 05/25/20 at 19:41:19

There could be one other problem, the tiny snap ring that holds the tensioner in place ,if reused can deform and could come off , this allows the base of the tensioner to TRY and slide off the shaft (bolt ) it can't but it can misalign the rear guide. That's if he used a "standard" tensioner,  we have seen other types on your side of the pond.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Reply #16 - 05/26/20 at 00:02:28

Is there any chance that the PO installed a high-compression piston (like a Wiseco)?    

The stock piston assembly weighs 507 grams.  The 94mm Wiseco weighs 455 grams.  That's a whopping 52 gram difference.  I currently have a 94mm Wiseco in mine and it shakes a bunch more than the stock piston.  It's tolerable, but I definitely prefer the stock vibration level.  My butt and hands are totally numb after an hour in the saddle at high speed.  You can do a quick check; test your compression. If its significantly more than 150 psi there's a good chance you have a high compression piston in there.

Is there any chance that the PO might have had the crankcase open and possibly got the counter-balancer shaft timing marks messed up?  The balancer shaft has to be timed to the crankshaft.  Only way to do that is with the crankcase split, the gears are inside.

Regarding engine mount bolts, don't forget the top mount.  There are three bolts that secure the cylinder head to the frame.

Good luck.  Let us know what you find.

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
sak
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 05/27/20 at 13:39:40

I did a cold compression test, 165 psi. I doubt the PO changed the piston, since he documented all his changes thoroughly and there’s no mention of that. Of course, the bike’s had a few earlier owners.

I’ll check the valve clearances and tensioner as soon as I get a chance.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 05/27/20 at 15:49:29

I think you should find someone familiar with the bike and let someone else see this Horrible vibration,, They DO rattle a body a bit,,
What speeds are your gear changes?
Are you holding the grips tight?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/24/24 at 12:23:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Big vibrations issue

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.