Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Well, Well,, Surprise surprise (Read 44 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Well, Well,, Surprise surprise
05/12/20 at 23:07:02

Diamond Princess cruise ship: A new study from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine shows that 72% of those infected aboard the Diamond Princess were asymptomatic. Previously, the estimated percentage of asymptomatic individuals onboard was 46.5.
USS Theodore Roosevelt: Of the 1,102 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 onboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt, 60% were asymptomatic. Only seven were hospitalized, and one person died.
Charles de Gaulle: 1,046 sailors out of 1,760 on board the French aircraft carrier tested positive for the virus. There were zero deaths, and two remain hospitalized. According to the NYT, about half were asymptomatic.
Prisons: Prisons seem to have an especially high rate of asymptomatic cases. According to Reuters, a tally of 3,277 inmates in state prison systems in Arkansas, North Carolina, Ohio, and Virginia who had tested positive for the virus showed that 96% of those who tested positive were asymptomatic. 1,300 tested positive in one Tennessee prison: 98% were asymptomatic, six were hospitalized and one died. An entire female prison in St. Gabriel, Louisiana, was tested, and 85% were positive, but three-quarters were asymptomatic.
Pregnant women in labor: A groups of doctors at the New York–Presbyterian Allen Hospital and Columbia University Irving Medical Center tested 215 women delivering babies between March 22 and April 4, 2020. This is a good random sample, because they were not tested based on symptoms. The result: 33 tested positive, and 29 of those were initially asymptomatic. Three of the initial 29 asymptomatic patients eventually developed symptoms of the virus, which would mean that in total, 79% were asymptomatic.
Meatpacking plants: 412 out of 2,367 workers at Triumph Foods plant in St. Joseph, Missouri, tested positive. All of them were asymptomatic, and there have been zero deaths among those workers so far.
Homeless population: A Boston homeless shelter tested the 408 residents and found that 36% tested positive, of which 87.8% were asymptomatic.
Nursing homes: Even in nursing homes, with a sick and elderly population that is more susceptible to fatal cases of COVID-19, many of them are still asymptomatic. A survey published in the New England Journal of Medicine at an anonymous nursing home found that more than half with positive results were asymptomatic. In another nursing home in Washington state, 56% of those who tested positive were asymptomatic. One nursing home in Miami County, Ohio, tested every resident last week, and so far all of those who tested positive are still asymptomatic.
4 huge implications of this data

1) Initially, the “experts” used the fear of asymptomatic transmission as a means of pushing for universal lockdown. But that only makes sense if the number of asymptomatic are a minority and we are at the beginning of the transmission phase, in which such lockdown could work. Now we see the opposite is true. The overwhelming majority of those infected are asymptomatic, which grows to an absolute super-majority when you factor in the mildly symptomatic. The fatality rate is therefore very small and very confined to a known population. Thus, it makes no sense to lock down younger and healthier people who overwhelmingly don’t get seriously ill, much less deathly ill, even if they contract the virus.

Moreover, the fact that this has spread so far and wide and most are asymptomatic demonstrates that there is no longer any “spread” to stop and we were months too late in trying to stop it even if we wanted to.

Clearly, this tweet from the World Health Organization did not age well.

World Health Organization (WHO)

@WHO
Asymptomatic #2019nCoV infection may be rare, and transmission from an asymptomatic person is very rare with other coronaviruses, as we have seen with MERS. Thus, transmission from asymptomatic cases is likely not a major driver of transmission http://bit.ly/36QhfKq

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Re: Well, Well,, Surprise surprise
Reply #1 - 05/14/20 at 10:43:54

So, The Horrible Pandemic isnt like the plague after all,, and Looka what weve done to our economy,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 05/14/20 at 11:28:17

If your hand touches your face, cut it off least it contaminates your face.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 05/14/20 at 11:37:01

After all the crap Ive lived through, nothin would piss me off ore than dyin becuase I touched my face

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 05/14/20 at 11:44:55

Hope you're out there lickin' doorknobs...
We need more intrepid souls like you to reach herd immunity.

... or die horrible painful deaths.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 05/14/20 at 11:59:01

skipping the hand to face by going tongue to doorknob?
I didn't know you could open a door with your tongue.
very impressive.

WWW   IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 05/14/20 at 12:10:44

I don't quite want everything as it was in Jan - I want to stay shut down forever. I mean the ridiculous restrictions etc etc are not the best, but the flip side is - we now know we don't have to drive to office every day - or even one day in 2 months, nothing stopped, in fact some things sped up. We don't need to spew gas fumes, and buy Chinese chit and 80% of the crap we used to do.

Sit at home, talk to your family, watch TV if you like, 90% of what you did was to sort of please other people as it were. I drove to work - cos some fools there thought if I wasn't there I wasn't doing chit. And they decided we're all gonna sit in different cube in an open office - time for all that chit to go extinct.

Eating out ???? haven't done in in 3 months and don't miss it. Don't need to do it cos I aint spending 3hrs a day wasting time so I cant make food for my family. So on and so on. Watch youtube and make chit as a family and eat as a family, no wife making food, put mine in the fridge etc etc crap.

Maybe that's the libtard point of view - but I am not into anything just cos its politically my side or other side - as in there is my side - and both parties are against it - unless they are on 1 or other issue.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 05/14/20 at 13:03:28

« Last Edit: 05/14/20 at 14:36:21 by verslagen1 »  

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #8 - 05/14/20 at 13:36:52

Serowbot wrote on 05/14/20 at 11:44:55:
Hope you're out there lickin' doorknobs... We need more intrepid souls like you to reach herd immunity.
... or die horrible painful deaths.

Saw your post Bot.
Reminds me to tell you First,
before they are all gone,
about those Ocean Lots near Deming NM !
How many do you want ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 13:39:45

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Well, Well,, Surprise surprise

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.