Understanding this (Read 224 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Understanding this
05/04/20 at 05:49:05

should help with understanding me

https://bustednuckles.com/2020/05/03/a-little-something-to-keep-in-mind-these-da
ys/

Beacuse if you dont get this, you will never have a hope of understanding WHY I say the things I do.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Understanding this
Reply #1 - 05/04/20 at 06:09:19

What I don't understand is when you're asked specifically what part of any given law you consider unconstitutional, as in the actual words, in the section(s), of the exact law, you won't say.

I don't understand why you wont read the laws you claim are unconstitutional and present a useable argument for those that go out and try to do something about it.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 05/04/20 at 06:13:42

Im sure youve got at least one example..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 05/04/20 at 06:17:33

42 Code of Federal Regulations [CFR], specifically parts 70 and 71 that make is legal to issue quarantine.

Is it unconstitutional to isolate legal US citizens that carry a disease that will infect others against their will?  This also attaches to a degree to the "right to travel" that is unconstitutional, or at least a violation of your "rights" by your claims to prohibit someone from operating a motor vehicle for instance.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 05/04/20 at 06:52:13

Again,, a LAW that goes against the Constitution Is No Law at all...

You can cite chapter and verse Law that requires things of the People,, BUT, IF it goes against the Constitution,, Its Null and Void, at the time of signing,not necessary that it be so labeled in court,, Now, Getting that Out of a court,, well,, thats another matter, entirely, innit?

U.S. SUPREME COURT AND OTHER HIGH COURT CITATIONS PROVING THAT NO LICENSE IS NECESSARY FOR NORMAL USE OF AN AUTOMOBILE ON COMMON WAYS
“The right of a citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon, by horsedrawn carriage, wagon, or automobile, is not a mere privilege which may be permitted or prohibited at will, but a common right which he has under his right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Under this constitutional guaranty one may, therefore, under normal conditions, travel at his inclination along the public highways or in public places, and while conducting himself in an orderly and decent manner, neither interfering with nor disturbing another’s rights, he will be protected, not only in his person, but in his safe conduct.”

Thompson v.Smith, 154 SE 579, 11 American Jurisprudence, Constitutional Law, section 329, page 1135 “The right of the Citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon, in the ordinary course of life and business, is a common right which he has under the right to enjoy life and liberty, to acquire and possess property, and to pursue happiness and safety. It includes the right, in so doing, to use the ordinary and usual conveyances of the day, and under the existing modes of travel, includes the right to drive a horse drawn carriage or wagon thereon or to operate an automobile thereon, for the usual and ordinary purpose of life and business.” –

Thompson vs. Smith, supra.; Teche Lines vs. Danforth, Miss., 12 S.2d 784 “… the right of the citizen to drive on a public street with freedom from police interference… is a fundamental constitutional right” -White, 97 Cal.App.3d.141, 158 Cal.Rptr. 562, 566-67 (1979) “citizens have a right to drive upon the public streets of the District of Columbia or any other city absent a constitutionally sound reason for limiting their access.”

Caneisha Mills v. D.C. 2009 “The use of the automobile as a necessary adjunct to the earning of a livelihood in modern life requires us in the interest of realism to conclude that the RIGHT to use an automobile on the public highways partakes of the nature of a liberty within the meaning of the Constitutional guarantees. . .”

Berberian v. Lussier (1958) 139 A2d 869, 872, See also: Schecter v. Killingsworth, 380 P.2d 136, 140; 93 Ariz. 273 (1963). “The right to operate a motor vehicle [an automobile] upon the public streets and highways is not a mere privilege. It is a right of liberty, the enjoyment of which is protected by the guarantees of the federal and state constitutions.”

Adams v. City of Pocatello, 416 P.2d 46, 48; 91 Idaho 99 (1966). “A traveler has an equal right to employ an automobile

I dont have a License to exercise my First amendment,

And a License, BTW, is nothing more than

Permission from the State to DO what would otherwise be illegal.

For the good of the many arguments can be made on many ways,,

Just as it would seem to be reasonable and in keeping people safe, all guns should be abolished,, to some peoples way of thinking,, that doesnt make it right.
The Constitution doesnt Give us rights, nor does it enumerate all of them, it certainly is a statement that the government May Not interfere in our lives in certain places..

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 05/04/20 at 07:39:55

This is what I mean.

You didn't read Thompson v. Smith, 155 Va. 367 — Va, you got it from some "news" source I assume, or you are intentionally leaving out the full context in the hopes I would not research the case in full.  The underlined sections are typically, and conveniently left out of the case you referenced. Why won't people read the material they reference?

The right of a citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon in the ordinary course of life and business is a common right which he has under his right to enjoy life and liberty, to acquire and possess property, and to pursue happiness and safety. It includes the right in so doing to use the ordinary and usual conveyances of the day; and under the existing modes of travel includes the right to drive a horse-drawn carriage or wagon thereon, or to operate an automobile thereon, for the usual and ordinary purposes of life and business. It is not a mere privilege, like the privilege of moving a house in the street, operating a business stand in the street, or transporting persons or property for hire along the street, which a city may permit or prohibit at will.

The exercise of such a common right the city may, under its police power, regulate in the interest of the public safety and welfare; but it may not arbitrarily or unreasonably prohibit or restrict it, nor may it permit one to exercise it and refuse to permit another of like qualifications, under like conditions and circumstances, to exercise it.

The regulation of the exercise of the right to drive a private automobile on the streets of the city may be accomplished in part by the city by granting, refusing, and revoking, under rules of general application, permits to drive an automobile on its streets; but such permits may not be arbitrarily refused or revoked, or permitted to be held by some and refused to other of like qualifications, under like circumstances and conditions.

Read the outcomes of every one of those cases.  Actually read them instead of selecting a sentence or two.

Caneisha Mills v. D.C wasn't about licensed driving, nothing about the case is about her being able to legally drive with a license it was about the 4th Amendment.  It literally references City of Indianapolis v. Edmond, 531 U.S. 32, 48 (2000) where they address 4th Amendment and vehicle checkpoints and that has nothing at all to do with having a license.  They even omit the portion about positive ID. 

Aram K. BERBERIAN v. Laure B. LUSSIER, Registrar of Motor Vehicles is not about the State's ability to revocation of a driver's license, it is about "suspension of his license without a prior hearing and without a showing of negligence on his part."

And he lost:

"It is our opinion that the provisions of the act requiring the registry to suspend licenses and to determine the amount of security to be deposited to avoid suspension does not constitute a delegation of judicial power so as to be repugnant to the constitutional prohibition."

So now we want to use losing cases as precedence?  

These cases do outline that there is no Federal Law that says you must have a license.  But every State says you do, which is why if you are driving on State roads you need a license.  I can drive all day unlicensed on my personal property.

« Last Edit: 05/04/20 at 11:59:44 by Eegore »  
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #6 - 05/04/20 at 08:17:50

Eegore wrote on 05/04/20 at 06:17:33:
"... Is it unconstitutional to isolate legal US citizens that carry a disease that will infect others against their will?  ..."

By the way you said that statement, and your past comments/beliefs.
This statement signifies that YOU believe that,
“… legal US citizens that carry a disease that will infect others against their will …”
Should be severely punished, confined, forcefully isolated, identified, tracked, issued, ’travel’ papers, etc, etc, etc, !

So then, it must also be the case that you believe, that in some States, like Calf, where a act of,
“... knowingly exposing someone to other communicable diseases …”
the punishment has been greatly reduced.  Is totally wrong then ?

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/new-california-law-reduces-penalty-kn...
https://pridelegal.com/california-hiv-laws/

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 05/04/20 at 08:34:01

"Should be severely punished, confined, forcefully isolated, identified, tracked, issued, ’travel’ papers, etc, etc, etc, !"

I didn't say that in any capacity.

I do not however think the general public should have to evacuate a plane for their own safety because a person with tuberculosis has the constitutional right to travel and as such no government entity can stop them.  I don't think States should have to follow the President's idea that he has "absolute" authority.  

"So then, it must also be the case that you believe, that in some States, like Calf, where a act of,
“... knowingly exposing someone to other communicable diseases …”
the punishment has been greatly reduced.  Is totally wrong then ?
"

I don't believe that.  I never said anything like that, this is an example of using extreme circumstance to delegitimize my questions on where government powers should or should not be.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #8 - 05/04/20 at 09:18:46

Eegore wrote on 05/04/20 at 08:34:01:
"... this is an example of using extreme circumstance to delegitimize my questions on where government powers should or should not be.

Please explain your POV, on what the, punishment, restrictions, or what government powers should be used when,
someone having HIV, knowingly infects someone else with HIV.

"...I never said anything like that..."
No you didn't.
Nor did I say you did.
I simply came to a logical conclusion, based on:
"...the way you said that statement..."
"...your past comments/beliefs..."
"...this statement signifies that..."

And this:
"... the punishment has been greatly reduced.  Is totally wrong then ? "
And you said: "I don't believe that."

Please clarify.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 05/04/20 at 09:34:01

"Please explain your POV, on what the, punishment, restrictions, or what government powers should be used when,
someone having HIV, knowingly infects someone else with HIV
."

Each State has their own laws, much like any other assault law, and I agree with that process while I may not agree with every State's individual process.

"And this:
"... the punishment has been greatly reduced.  Is totally wrong then ? "
And you said: "I don't believe that."

Please clarify. "

I do not, as in I personally, take the stance that the linked article is "totally wrong".  I think each State has the ability, and rightfully so, to make their own law regarding the punishment of intentional infection of HIV and specifically HIV as that is what the article is about.  

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #10 - 05/04/20 at 13:37:53

Eegore wrote on 05/04/20 at 06:09:19:
 I don't understand why you wont read the laws you claim are unconstitutional and present a useable argument for those that go out and try to do something about it.

Serious question Eegore, do you really not understand why Trump refuses to answer questions that undo him. Because if you do then you by extension should be able to understand why JoG does the same. JoG just follows the example of Trump. And as JoG has no oversight he's free to obfuscate as much as he likes, especially with his loyal cavalry always ready to take up each other's slack.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 05/04/20 at 13:54:53

JoG exhibited this behavior prior to Trump's election announcement so I don't see any reason to think Trump has had anything to do with it.

Some people just assemble opinions without bothering to research on their own, which is fine to me until they provide references that often say the opposite of what they claim.  This is usually because they never took any time to look over their own evidence.

So then I sit here wondering how they expect to be taken seriously when they cherry-pick the sentences or numbers they want to use and expect me to ignore the rest of the document they provided me.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #12 - 05/04/20 at 14:27:59

@Eegore,

Well that's a fair enough answer, but that it is the type of rhetorical device used by people who are patently incorrect or wish to pursue obviously incorrect lines of reasoning. We, all of us do cherry pick data to support our arguments, to at least a very small extent, even if it is by omission rather than commission. However people who wish to pursue, for example a plainly racist agenda, will go much further than cherry picking.

To answer your question 'why does JoG do this" is to understand the very notion of 'the pertinent question'. And this is best illustrated by the cute fable of the new household cat.

Previously the mice in the house had a pretty good time until the new cat arrived who was picking them off one at a time. So a grand meeting was called about how to deal with this new threat. All the mice gathered in the secret hole in the pantry to nut it out. There was much discussion when the idea of belling the cat was proffered.

They would bell the cat and thus, while life would not be as good as it was they at least would be able to hear him coming which would give them a precious few seconds to scarper. Well, everyone thought this was an absolutely splendid idea, and merriment ensued and much alcoholic mead was consumed.

That was until an elderly and wise old mouse, coughed and ahemed a bit until he got everyone's attention, out of respect they all quietened down and clearing his throat once more, the old mouse said, "this is no doubt a marvellous idea" which he fully endorses, however he did have one question, "who will bell the cat".  He sat down and everyone went quiet.

Who will bell the cat is what is known as a pertinent question and it never needs to be answered. The very asking of the question is sufficient to undo the false or illogical or specious reasoning on which it is based.

I think you might suspect, Eegore, when you ask a pertinent question and we all know why you'll never get an answer, in the very asking of the question you undo the argument. You'll only get an answer from those who are willing to engage in good faith, and good faith is not something that JoG or the other Trumpeteers are interested in. Yes it's true that Trump did not create this technique, however he gives validation to those with his capacity for racist, ugly, and patently false reasoning.

JoG simply takes it to the ultimate extreme where his stock answer, if he does answer at all is to simply say "lies!" it's all lies. Quite insane really.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #13 - 05/04/20 at 15:11:23

eau de sauvage wrote on 05/04/20 at 14:27:59:
And this is best illustrated by the cute fable of the new household cat.

Previously the mice in the house had a pretty good time until the new cat arrived who was picking them off one at a time. So a grand meeting was called about how to deal with this new threat. All the mice gathered in the secret hole in the pantry to nut it out. There was much discussion when the idea of belling the cat was proffered.

They would bell the cat and thus, while life would not be as good as it was they at least would be able to hear him coming which would give them a precious few seconds to scarper. Well, everyone thought this was an absolutely splendid idea, and merriment ensued and much alcoholic mead was consumed.

That was until an elderly and wise old mouse, coughed and ahemed a bit until he got everyone's attention, out of respect they all quietened down and clearing his throat once more, the old mouse said, "this is no doubt a marvellous idea" which he fully endorses, however he did have one question, "who will bell the cat".  He sat down and everyone went quiet.

Good story, haven't heard it for a long time.

The only differences were:
"... All the, (Ultra-Liberal/Progressive), mice gathered in the secret hole ..."
and
"... an elderly, (Conservative), and wise old mouse ..."

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 05/04/20 at 15:53:37

I'm not all that interested in the personal politics of a situation in most cases.  For instance it doesn't matter if someone is racist, or not racist, a DFI TDS UL QWYJIBO, or Conservative when it comes to reading the material they provide, in full, and trying to have an adult conversation about the content of that material.

The issue for me is the expectation that I ignore the parts of the material they don't like, or didn't even bother to look at.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 12:33:27

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Understanding this

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.