Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sustained higher rev after throttle (Read 43 times)
turbo2tonos
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Sustained higher rev after throttle
04/30/20 at 18:03:37

Hey guys I'm new to the forum, however I've been following a lot of the questions posted here in all topics including exhaust, petcock and such. Thanks all of you guys for your experiences and knowledge.

I have a Suzuki Boulevard 2008, purchased recently from someone who didn't use it a whole lot. The bike does not have starting issues right now, and seems to have a adequate throttle.

However I noticed that whenever I throttle it a little bit during idling, the throttle is most of the times (specially when warmed up) kept at high rev and not going back to idle revs.

I have searched the forum but all suggestions are related most of the time to throttle cable, or to check carburator or idle screw.

Since nobody uploaded a video to check out the symptom I decied to record mine, so you can check the symptom out at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBmgmHzD994

Let me know if you have any suggestion as to what to do.
I am electromechanical engineer with no hands-on experience in bikes however I am very familiar with engineering so you can be technical if you want.

Thank you all!

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: Sustained higher rev after throttle
Reply #1 - 04/30/20 at 19:19:40

What is the hose I saw hanging down at the side of the chrome tool box? If you still have the stock petcock is that the line that should be connected to the brass nipple on the forward right side of the carb? That could if missing or if that nipple is not plugged,  allow air in, which would lean out the fuel mix causing your problem.
  If the bike has sat, and /or is new to you , you should be pulling the carb for cleaning and to find out what jets are in the carb. are they stock or did the previous owner replace them . I couldn't tell if the exhaust was stock or if the muffler has been altered. we need more info.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #2 - 04/30/20 at 19:21:46

The idle on that bike is set way too low. It sounds about 600 rpm when it should be around 1400 rpm. The danger of running with too low an idle is that there is insufficient oil flow below 1200 or so rpm.

You will probably find that the hanging idle may clear with a higher idle. If not, then I’d check the carb diaphragm for a crack and while apart, clean the slide.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 04/30/20 at 20:26:54

Not running
Twist gas
Look at carb
See if it goes back to idle position
Possible cable binding
Easiest thing to check
Probably least likely

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/05/24 at 00:33:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Sustained higher rev after throttle

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.