Send Topic Print
I got no sound, (Read 55 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
I got no sound,
04/28/20 at 11:44:42

BUT, the video makes me think this is murder, wthout doubt.. A dog catcher and a net woulda had the guy,, so WHY shoot him?

https://itaintholywater.blogspot.com/2020/04/some-houston-pd-action.html

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: I got no sound,
Reply #1 - 04/28/20 at 11:57:34

I have sound,.. a single shot maybe two (first one muffled)..at :03
...at :30 seconds a barrage of fire (whatever they saw, multiple cops fired at once)...
Video quality is too vague to second guess.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 04/28/20 at 12:25:40

He didnt even vaguely appear to be a threat to me,, But,, waddo I know?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/28/20 at 16:16:57

I'd need more information to make an assessment as I don't feel watching cr@p video footage gives me enough to say.  It's like somebody watching your motorcycle wreck and telling you what you did wrong, and that they would have done better.

The issue with a lot of these is the perception of threat, not the ability to "catch" someone.  We do hundreds if not thousands of these exercises a year depending on the contracts, and part of the exercise is what we call "rapid pull" where a Subject quickly pulls out a phone, gun, knife, wallet, or their pants up etc.

A Subject will almost always get shot because of the speed of their movement, and their unwillingness to cooperate.  The chances of being fired upon during a Rapid Pull are reduced if one has been cooperative, and are the least likely if facing away from the Operator(s).

Everyone and their grandmother says they would do better, or had comments like "shoot the weapon out of his hand" which is why back in 2009 we started a civilian participation program that allows the regular person to do the same drills.  Their performance, historically is no better once they have to put their body where their mouth is.

I've been shot with a cellphone just as many times as I have been shot with a knife, and for good reason in my opinion as I see no reason why I can't shoot someone from the ground.  

This doesn't mean that Houston was in the right here, it just means my personal experiences with this stuff provides a less black and white response type than what a lot of people want to hear when they watch a video from their couch.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #4 - 04/28/20 at 16:31:30

Eegore wrote on 04/28/20 at 16:16:57:
   I'd need more information

Totaly agree.

However, when questions are asked;
They will be answered by the Police with Spin, to cover their azz.
And answered by relatives, to get money.

Now, which one is telling the truth ?
Or which one is not lying, as much ?

AND, (the most influential),
which one is the Big/Broadcast, Media, on the aside of ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 04/28/20 at 17:35:15

I'd LIKE more details.
But
From what I could see
I didn't see what I called
A reason to shoot someone.
No tasers, bro?

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #6 - 04/28/20 at 17:53:49

This video is inconclusive; however, even if the shooting was legally warranted they are not morally justified.  They killed that guy....

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #7 - 04/29/20 at 21:46:26

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 04/30/20 at 04:13:53

Threatening suicide,,
Saved by the cops..

before Acevedo said the man started to reel in one of the tasers by its wires, and picked it up. He was told to stop, but continued, and was then shot dead by police in a flurry of gunfire,

And exactly HOW would having a taser that has been deployed be a problem?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 04/30/20 at 16:27:49

"And exactly HOW would having a taser that has been deployed be a problem?"

Depends on the Taser type.  The newer ones carry more than one discharge.  

I'm not saying what was done here was correct, and I don't really know how to make sure that is really really clear, but the following comment is not intended to say anything here is right or wrong, it is just a fact.  Again, I am not saying that PD acted right or wrong.

If a suspect gained control of a Taser that had a charge and cartridge remaining in it, I would not choose hand-to-hand over using a firearm to stop the suspect.  A barb in the eye could be fatal.

This statement is not saying PD did anything right or wrong, it is only in exclusivity clarifying that Tasers can be lethal, and can carry more than one shot.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 04/30/20 at 17:36:14

Thats why I asked.. I didnt know tasers had more than one set of barbs to launch..
IF that one was so designed,, I wonder why the person holding it didnt use it?
Nobody knows enough to be certain about anything, I get that, BUT,, If he d a GUN,, why would he be dragging a taser to himself?
If the taser had more than one discharge, and wasnt spent, why didnt they give him all of it?

I cant PROVE the cops were wrong,, BUT,, Thats the way Im leaning,,
And, unkless I get information I trust and it is a strong argument making the cops Not Wrong,, after all the WRONG killings Ive seen swept under the rug, I'll call this a travesty of justice.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 23:19:58

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › I got no sound,

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.