Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
I don't stay informed enough. (Read 80 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: I don't stay informed enough.
Reply #15 - 04/24/20 at 17:35:30

Eegore wrote on 04/24/20 at 17:12:56:
 In this case not much.  This is why I ask what parts of 42 U.S. Code § 264 you would recommend for change.  This has to be changed in order for things to stop continuing the way they are, but hardly anyone will even read it.   

Can you be more specific what case you are referring to?  42 US Code 264 gives the federal government its authority for isolation and quarantine.  In contrast, I believe the vasrt majority of damage to states was by their liberal governors.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 04/24/20 at 17:42:52

42 U.S. Code § 264 is where we need to start when it comes to addressing the "unconstitutional" applications of what the Governors have done.  

If 42 U.S. Code § 264 can be changed, or removed we can start taking power away from the States.  To address each State on each issue will open it up for Federal intervention for public safety.  Removing 42 U.S. Code § 264 will allow the US citizen to decide if they want to get on a plane, go to a store, throw a party, etc and take away the government's ability to keep disease from spreading.

I learned a lot about this when the US Army attempted to procure private land near Ft Carson in CO to expand its operational capacity.  Legally they can do this, so we had to start working on alternate measures.  Eventually we were able to de-fund the expansion from the Pentagon and bankrupt their expansion plans which legally can not continue, because the budget could not be completed.

We had to go Federal, than change State laws and powers.  

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #17 - 04/24/20 at 18:00:28

I disagree, the states have no oversight.  Whitmer in MI has an official unemployment rate of 25% and it is only going up.  

The primary influence the federal government will have is the allocation of financial resources.  Please watch how Coumo is kissing Trump's a$$, and Illinois is going to request a fuullllll pension fund bailout.  As Trump would say, 'it is disgraceful.'

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 04/24/20 at 18:18:56

"I disagree, the states have no oversight.  Whitmer in MI has an official unemployment rate of 25% and it is only going up."

I don't mean to say the states have no oversight.  I mean to say in order to remove a states ability to enforce, or even tell you not to be in a bar during an epidemic/pandemic we would most likely have to start at a Federal level of revoking money allocation to begin with.

The biggest problem of course will be convincing 51% of your local population to agree that a person with active contagious tuberculosis should be allowed the same freedoms as everyone else at all times.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/16/24 at 17:25:23

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › I don't stay informed enough.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.