Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Should China pay reparations. (Read 49 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Should China pay reparations.
04/10/20 at 03:10:11

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/coronavirus-chi...

This seems to be a popular talking point for the GOP, I cannot tell if they are serious or it is just normal GOP hype.

China needs a big slap down, somehow, I don't know how exactly but the initial cover up can never be allowed to happen again.

Having said that, the idea of reparations just looks like a war waiting to happen. It was the crushing reparations that fuelled the WWII.

What say ye, fellow savages.

Maybe China can say that because the US foisted The Donald onto the world that we should call it even.

It's a bit short sighted too, after all the 1918 Spanish flu started in the US, and who knows what new virus might be transmitted from animal to human in Deliverance country.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Should China pay reparations.
Reply #1 - 04/10/20 at 04:43:02

eau de sauvage wrote on 04/10/20 at 03:10:11:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/coronavirus-chi...

This seems to be a popular talking point for the GOP, I cannot tell if they are serious or it is just normal GOP hype.

China needs a big slap down, somehow, I don't know how exactly but the initial cover up can never be allowed to happen again.

Having said that, the idea of reparations just looks like a war waiting to happen. It was the crushing reparations that fuelled the WWII.

What say ye, fellow savages.

Maybe China can say that because the US foisted The Donald onto the world that we should call it even.

It's a bit short sighted too, after all the 1918 Spanish flu started in the US, and who knows what new virus might be transmitted from animal to human in Deliverance country.

I wouldn't draw a straight line from reparations to WW2. Besides, in the 20's and 30's LOL 100 yrs ago. Worse yet was the physical proximity as well as a history of wars - Franco Prussian war along with other wars in Europe. And If you ant to go to the Spanish flu, there was bubonic plague in England and several other similar epidemics, malaria, cholera, typhoid.
I definitely want to hit china very very very hard. Because the last 20 yrs are all china when a fast moving easily spread disease comes in wiping out millions and quickly china cleans up the rhetoric by silencing the press without ever addressing the problem.
81K infected, 77K recovered, 3K dead, 99.5% accounted for, 0.5% unknown, nothing to see here. It sounds like they genetically created a disease they have immunity to with those numbers. Definitely to be considered an act of war. They cant have it both ways. Super low numbers = they are immune to it = they definitely need to pay for it. If their numbers are higher - release them and we might empathize and let off a little on the reparations. BTW Biden is also talking about reparations, but I think he wants to collect it form the races that have lower fatalities, like black and brown people evidently are higher, so white people need to pay them reparations or something. He wants race related data to do that. Apparently Pochahontas is his main advisor.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 04/10/20 at 04:54:27

If you read that article, you'd know it was just forgiving debt of $1T. Barely a drop in the bucket. The financial system is almost guaranteed to never create a Germany of the 20's like situation as well as a great depression ever again.
That's one reason why a lot of people including many here oppose the federal reserve type of set up. They could print up $ back in the 1920's. Now we only do that if its been sold to someone as debt. If China were to forgive that 1T simply put the world's $ supply increases by 1T. Making for nearly nothing, a little inflation perhaps, but we're facing deflation now to a massive degree, and even a little deflation is tremendously bad, while we can stand perfectly fine with double digit inflation.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 04/10/20 at 15:45:34

BTW its really looking like Trump will successfully make the argument that - I'll deal with china, I've dealt with china, I'll be tougher on china than any one else because before china virus I already was, and this Old fool Biden is already in their back pocket, and want to pay reparations ot black and brown people (some of whom are illegals) from the rest of us while letting china off the hook - while I want to pay reprations to all Americans with china paying for it.

Reparations are the new wall, china is the new mexico and I thin kits a very very powerful argument. Trump in a landslide - he made a land slide out of a server and a few deaths at Benghazi. This is 1000's dead. I cant see how Biden makes a case where he will displace a war time president who was squeezing china hard before the china virus.
Trump has stopped calling it china virus, just till the true campaigning begins. And the debates start.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #4 - 04/11/20 at 14:54:36

srinath wrote on 04/10/20 at 04:54:27:
The financial system is almost guaranteed to never create a Germany of the 20's like situation as well as a great depression ever again.

I would like to hear your opinion why the monetary system will not permit a great depression again.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 04/12/20 at 09:54:47

pg wrote on 04/11/20 at 14:54:36:
I would like to hear your opinion why the monetary system will not permit a great depression again.

Best regards,

This is not a short answer. But here is the shortest possible answer.
Germans printed bills to pay war reparations after WW1. They cant do that now, most big economies have a check against that. They would need to sell bonds (debt) to do so.
Also the gold standard has been dropped.
There was no regulation for the stock valuations and the trading system in the 20's.
There is a combination of factors. Stock market rises and falls are all very well checked and tempered and regulated well.
Will we have recessions ? Definitely. Like now. But will we see enmasse soup lines and people losing decades of their life to it ? No. Not even the most unluckiest is going to lose more than a year or 2, like coal miners in WV - They may need to get a new skill - and start afresh.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 04/12/20 at 11:07:04

Now we only do that if its been sold to someone as debt.

That USED to be true, but in recent years the Bond auction sometimes failed to attract buyers and the Federal Reserve actually bought the bonds,, Monetizing the debt,, Wholly More Uncool than the bullshit sysytem they dcreated in 1913.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:34:45

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Should China pay reparations.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.