Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Got Coronavirus?
04/05/20 at 04:49:06

I have been feeling a little foggy headed the last week, the kind of feeling when you get if you take cold medicine and feel groggy and your senses are dulled a bit.....also the feeling is a bit like drinking an energy drink like Monster or RockStar that has Caffeine and Niacin in it where you feel a bit tingly and stimulated.   I don't have a fever, I don't have a cough, I don't have any trouble breathing.  I have plenty of energy and I have been clearing the underbrush and fallen limbs out of the woods near the house - I can work hard all day long 3 days in a row without problems.  I have plenty of energy and strength - but I feel like I need a nap most of the time.

Do I have Coronavirus? - I have no idea and chances are pretty low that I do.  We have been social distancing and KY has a total of 917 confirmed cases....only 7 cases are in Campbell County.  Maybe I am just having that I just don't have some seasonal allergy or senior adult funkiness caused by the weather change.  My wife feels fine and we have been our typical close selves lately.....and if this virus is as contagious as they say it is and I have it - there is no question that Deb has it as well.  I tried to isolate myself from her and slept on the couch Friday night - she felt it wasn't necessary as we have been sitting next to each other on the couch watching TV, using our bathroom sinks next to each other when getting up in the morning, and generally being together every day.

With the mild symptoms I have there is no way to know for sure and no reason to get medical help - with these symptoms treatment is supposed to be rest and Gatorade.  I seriously doubt the local health folks will even give me a Coronavirus test with the mild symptoms I have.......they will likely tell me to get some rest and come see them if my symptoms get worse.  This feeling started about a week ago and I felt the worst on Friday - the last 2 days I have felt a bit better each day.

I just wanted you folks to know that not everyone who got the  Coronavirus knew they had it, as even mild changes in health or energy levels could actually be the virus.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/what-its-like-to-be-infected-with-coron...

https://www.the-sun.com/news/599355/did-you-have-coronavirus-earlier-this-yea...

« Last Edit: 04/05/20 at 06:27:25 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: Got Coronavirus?
Reply #1 - 04/05/20 at 07:29:15

Take extra vitamin c, d, and zinc on daily basis.  Look up the recommended doses for your age, possible interactions with other medications, so on.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 04/05/20 at 09:15:14

Everywhere I have been will only test if you have a fever over 100.4.  

That's a limited group of maybe 90 hospitals and clinics so take that with a grain of salt.

IP Logged
SoC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Jersey
Reply #3 - 04/05/20 at 16:31:28

The problem with this thing is it has hit right at the start of allergy season. Those with allergies have a lot of the symptoms of onset of the virus. Right now in Jersey tree pollens are off the charts and it is one of the worst years for it in a while. When you have allergies you tend to forget just how bad it is when they first come on and how bad you feel the first few weeeks until you adapt. Personally I have been doubling my allergy medicine the last few days. For me the first few weeks of allergies is like walking around stoned all day, I joke I could have smoked a joint for breakfast it's that bad at times.

Thing about the zinc, my one friend who is an MD doctor and works in pharmaceutical research said there is nothing to the zinc thing, my other firend who has a PHD in molecular biology said that the zinc needs to have a cellular uptake and that can be facilitated by adding Quercetin. I have been using both.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #4 - 04/05/20 at 19:01:31

but I feel like I need a nap most of the time.  

Dave , I sure hope your not right about "needing a nap" all the time , that would mean I've had it for two years now ?   Roll Eyes

Beside's Dave your to young and good looking to be sick !   Just ask Deb !  Smiley

Let me help you figure this out :
1.   Do you find your self napping in the same place most of the time ?
2.   Do you find your self napping about the same time every day ?
3.   Now that all the Stress is out of your job life are you getting your chores around the house done-up or is the list just get longer the more chores you get done ?

The answers might be :  two YES , and one NO.  Undecided

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #5 - 04/07/20 at 20:17:20

Dave , are ya feeling any better ?    I hope I didn't make to light of the situation , then you turn up sick ?  Embarrassed

Any time I need to go out into the world , I'm wearing a bandanna with an antivirus wipe folded up in it to breathe through.

Also carry another wipe to clean anything I might need to touch , like the gas pump or the Credit Card machine.

HECK ! we are leaving the mail out side for a day before bring it into the house !   I understand it dies in 24 hours or less on paper .

A neighbor came over today - he just now left , so I've been cleaning everything I saw him touch and disinfecting every where he went ---

I might be going "over-board" but , its like I told all my friends :
I'm wiping down EVERYTHING that comes into the house , so if ya come to visit then --- YA KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT ---

Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #6 - 04/07/20 at 23:33:23

We spray everything with bleach/water 90/10%,stays in garage for the night. Unless it’s food then it gets wiped down. Fuel pumps , bad , rubber gloves to fuel then toss gloves and douse with sanitizer. Be safe guys.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #7 - 04/08/20 at 06:01:04

Dave, I'm a little late to the party, as usual. I'm not a doctor, just an EMT, but here is dispatch's protocol when answering a suspected case of corona.

EMS Dispatch Center

1. Use Emerging Infectious Disease (EID) Surveillance Tool with the following chief complaints:
Typical Flu-Like Symptoms, Respiratory Illness (cough, difficulty breathing)
2. Use EID Card (or equivalent) with the following protocols (or equivalent):
Breathing Problem Chest Pain Headache Sick Person
3. Ask the following questions:
In the past 14 days have you been to affected areas or been exposed to someone who has traveled to affected areas?
Have you or victim had close contact with a person being evaluated for the illness or a confirmed illness?

If YES:
Do you or victim have a fever ( 100.4° F)?
Do you or victim have chills?
Do you or victim have unusual sweating?
Do you or victim have unusual body total aches?
Do you or victim have a headache?

If the answers are yes, the fire dept is NOT dispatched, only EMS. and unless there are certain criteria, fever over 100.4, shortness of breath, or other medical conditions. Folks are told to stay home, treat their symptoms, but call EMS if they are needed.

Hope you are feeling better by now

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #8 - 04/08/20 at 11:38:39

I am feeling a bit better and less foggy headed each day - not sure what (if anything) I had.......I just didn't feel like my normal energetic self.  It is not the energy or my physical strength that has suffered and I have been working hard clearing out brush and dead trees - my head just seems to be a bit foggy minded!

We are trying to be careful, and the wife does the grocery shopping and wears a mask and wipes everything down when she gets home.  I have limited contact with people at work - and I wash my hands and use hand sanitizer frequently.

the article was surprising to me - many people can have the virus and have very minor symptoms.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #9 - 04/08/20 at 13:49:45

MMRanch wrote on 04/07/20 at 20:17:20:
I might be going "over-board" but , its like I told all my friends :
I'm wiping down EVERYTHING that comes into the house , so if ya come to visit then --- YA KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT ---

Wink

MM, can you go into a little more detail on this wipe down? If I like what I hear I might hafta come see you  Cool Cool Cool

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #10 - 04/08/20 at 16:23:52

Well Stew , I can put Bleach in the 6.5 Hp pressure washer feed bucket  .... it feeds the water stream on the high pressure cycle if ya hold the soap bucket up-side down .   Wink     Its really like a car wash wand with changeable tips .  It works good on cars and motorcycles .   You would be the first person to try it out !     Grin    Some might refer to you as ,  " He's a brave Man " !!!

Besides Stew , You must not have it , I saw a picture of you wearing a mask while ready for a bike ride !   Wink

« Last Edit: 04/09/20 at 14:57:39 by MMRanch »  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 18:21:47

General CategoryThe Cafe › Got Coronavirus?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.