Send Topic Print
Burr cashes in (Read 30 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Burr cashes in
03/30/20 at 13:40:51

too many Burrs spoil the broth.

On 7 February, shortly after the first case of coronavirus was reported, Mr Burr wrote on Fox News that the US government was “better prepared than ever” to tackle an outbreak.

But a week later, when President Donald Trump assured the public that the virus would not hit America hard, Mr Burr and his wife sold between $628,000 and $1.72m in stocks, including shares in two hotel groups.

Two weeks after that, he privately warned a group of wealthy constituents about the dire economic impact of coronavirus. He told the group to curtail their travel, according to the speech obtained by NPR.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52097349

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/19/818192535/burr-recording-sparks-questions-abou...

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Burr cashes in
Reply #1 - 03/30/20 at 13:46:45

Burr - from my home state of NC and career politician. That's more drain the swamp argument but he seems to be safe from the draining - oddly makes a case to not corner a president so he's left with very few back scratchers.
However Yes, corrupt MOFO who needs to be arrested.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 03/30/20 at 14:13:57

BTW this is the entire list -
According to financial disclosure forms, Sens. Kelly Loeffler (R-Ga.), James Inhofe (R-Okla.), Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) and Richard Burr (R-N.C.) each sold hundreds of thousands of dollars in stocks within days of the Senate holding a classified briefing on Jan. 24 with Trump administration officials on the threat of the coronavirus outbreak.

IMHO, we need 4 more years of draining the swamp. Then if a Drain the swamper gets on the left in 24, and 28 - I'd be glad to vote them in. By then hopefully we'll have an amendment against "career" politicians. From there I'd like to progress to a non career "govt employee". Term limit everyone. Pay them well, but they're done after say 4 yrs.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #3 - 03/30/20 at 15:33:49

Nothing will happen to those people; although, they should be under the jail.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 05:22:12

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Burr cashes in

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.