Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
One month ago, today. (Read 35 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
One month ago, today.
03/28/20 at 19:55:35

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/as-the-world-focuses-on-coronavirus-dont-fo...

This is what the US Centre for Disease Control said about 6 weeks after seeing it spread in China.

The CDC has called this coronavirus “a very serious public health threat,” but adds that its immediate health risk to the American public is low. Health officials remain uncertain of exactly how the coronavirus spreads.

The comments in the above article make for amusing reading in the above article too...Meanwhile smoking, cardiovascular disease and diabetes kills far more people and these Trump haters don't even say a word or blink at that fact.

Please feel free to post your own CoV-2 stories from the past.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Re: One month ago, today.
Reply #1 - 03/28/20 at 20:38:49

Feb 4
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying reports the death toll has surpassed 400 with over 20,000 people infected, and requests the United States "not to overreact". (Reuters)

Feb 7
Italy confirms that an Italian man has contracted the virus, after he visited his girlfriend in Wuhan.

Feb 9
The death toll of the coronavirus outbreak surpasses the death toll of the 2002–03 SARS outbreak, at 910 deaths.

That's an interesting statistic, it is pretty clear evidence that something bad is brewing, maybe maybe not, but if that didn't get the USA to move their collective asses, there's something wrong. Fauci, would definitely be warning the WH, but I presume he was ignored judging by Trump's playing it down even two weeks later.

Feb 10,
Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, head of the World Health Organization, warns that overseas cases of the virus could be the "tip of the iceberg". (Yahoo! News)
In a rare public appearance and wearing a mask, Xi Jinping visits a hospital in Beijing, and urges "more decisive measures" to combat the virus. (BBC)

This is the day it went from a China problem to a pandemic. the USA is already being warned.

Feb 14
Iran reports its first two cases of the virus. Hours later, it was announced both infected people have died. (Times of Israel) (Al Jazerra)

Feb 21
Italy confirms 18 more coronavirus cases in the country, bringing the confirmed cases to twenty-one. All eighteen are Italian citizens. (Corriere della Sera)
Eleven municipalities of the province of Lodi are put on lockdown to contain the coronavirus pandemic, leaving around 50,000 people affected. (Metro)

The Stock Market is about to tank. Which is not a problem for the US senators who sold their stock due to probably paying attention to Dr Fauci. See why Trump is a multi bankrupt, and Bezoz isn't.

Feb 22
2020 coronavirus pandemic in the United States
The United States reports 34 confirmed cases of the illness and expects more. (The New York Times)

Feb 27
A woman is diagnosed with the coronavirus after a possible person-to-person transmission. It would be the first case of transmission in the United States with no known contacts to overseas cases. (NBC)

It's pretty clear by now the US is well behind the 8 ball even though the rest of the world has recognised the seriousness of the problem at this stage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal:Current_events/February_2020

Trump eh? such a pious fellow...He said he’d like to see normalcy return by Easter Sunday, which is April 12. “Wouldn’t it be great to have all the churches full?” he asked. “You’ll have packed churches all over our country.”

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 03/28/20 at 22:58:12

"President Donald Trump, seeking to reassure Americans about the novel coronavirus at a Wednesday press conference, said he was “shocked” to learn that the flu kills “from 25,000 people to 69,000 people a year.” So far this flu season, 16,000 Americans have died from flu, according to the CDC."

I'd be shocked if Trump, or any politician put forth an accurate statistic on this.  

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #3 - 03/29/20 at 01:13:30

@Eegore,

Not so sure about that, as Fauci said himself, he ain't gonna lie because telling the truth is the only option.

Let's not get too cynical here, remember this is nothing like what has been seen before. The only benefit for a politician to lie, would be if they were a clinical narcissist and wanted to keep the stock market up for an extra week or two, or a clinical idiot.

I cannot see any benefit in lying on this one. In fact quite the opposite.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 03/29/20 at 02:30:46

I cannot see any benefit in lying on this one. In fact quite the opposite.

I didn't mean to say they would be lying.  Just inaccurate.  Also I don't really consider Fauci a politician.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #5 - 03/29/20 at 02:45:27

But if you say 'just inaccurate' then that would mean it could be an over estimate or an under estimate.

But the point I wanted to make, is that in this particular case Trump has definitely been lying, while all other politicians would probably just be incorrect, I mean just him saying it's under control, that was an outright lie.

My larger point is not that Trump was deliberately lying, that's nothing new, it's what he's lying about.  Although he can't really lie when the bodies start piling up.

And my ultimate point is that just like his lies are OK for his supporters if he gets out of being impeached which is understandable (sort of) So also with the CoV-2, his supporters, also excuse his lies. It's mad that the US was one of the last major nations to be hit but due to the b.s Trump was claiming at the beginning (and his supporters accepted because that what their job is) 3 weeks was wasted, and now you see the results.

3 Weeks is a long time for a virus that is doubling every three days. Because as you already know it's the flooding of the health system all at once that's the problem.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 03:42:00

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › One month ago, today.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.