Send Topic Print
WTF is good vs bad (Read 22 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

WTF is good vs bad
03/27/20 at 18:19:11

The next few months we're stuck at home, working or otherwise.
I suspect we're teleconferencing and "meeting" online.

I'm thinking teleconferencing stuff like Zoom and Ring central are the flavor of the year.
If someone would develop that cyber Ducking like Sandra Bullock says she'd do with Sylvester Stallone in Judge Dredd - that sucker will make bank … then Stallone grabs her and actually ducks her - if we monetize that … well, we'd all need to write 50 shades of grey.

Oddly, I think we're doing this the rest of my miserable working life.
Office space is still more $$$$$$ than zoom license, faster than a Ferrari and greener than a tesla, but anyway - I'm looking for some good ideas to where I can park some $$$$.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: WTF is good vs bad
Reply #1 - 03/27/20 at 18:36:01

I'm just glad I bought into Zoom after seeing their prototype UI.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: WTF is good vs bad
Reply #2 - 03/28/20 at 06:37:48

Eegore wrote on 03/27/20 at 18:36:01:
I'm just glad I bought into Zoom after seeing their prototype UI.

Zoom was on a tear for 3+ months. At current stock $, its value is 44B+ Is it worth that much, and is it going to stand up to its next challenge - Ring's video conferencing app.
Now Ring based on the rest of it is at 22B, IMHO its going to beat zoom in the race to 100b for sure, and they're both going to get there near the end of pandemic. And neither is going to drop with end of pandemic, the simple fact is, the pandemic has done so much to clean up the environment and traffic and roads …

Zoom/Ring/Google/skype will be cheaper than a parking spot in down town, let alone an office space, it will be greener than a tesla even if we used hydro power to make electricity, it will be cheaper than building more roads and bridges and over passes and traffic lights even if we got politicians out of the way. I don't think I am ever going into an office on a regular basis ever again. I am ring or zoom or blue jeans or whatever anywhere.

Gas is $1.40 in my hood. Was $2 2 weeks ago. Its headed for $1 I'll bet.
I think we'll be watching more Netflix, drinking more and cooking more and networking more. Hours and $$$ spent commuting and parking will be replaced with those.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 08:40:03

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › WTF is good vs bad

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.