Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Jody's Forward Controls (Read 1271 times)
Jody72

check out Ramz's
4" forward
controls on Facebook

Moses Lake, Wa. USA
Re: Jody's Forward Controls
Reply #15 - 05/19/20 at 15:01:34

So I sent out my first kit. It will have everything you need no need to buy more nut or bolts. Here it what one looks like.
« Last Edit: 05/20/20 at 19:30:48 by Jody72 »  

B4F9925E-B872-4DD0-955C-1C1AE780455A.jpeg

2004 21,000+ miles. center of Washington the state Smiley
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #16 - 05/20/20 at 11:09:29

Well guys I've been quietly following this thread and am glad that Jody has stepped up and is carrying the torch forward with my design. He has my blessing in this endeavor and I wish him all the luck with this.
I'm a bit embarrassed because I left the Savage community out in the cold when I stopped making the forward control kits.
 Needless to say from the picture of the kits Jody is producing I can tell he got it right. He even improved the brake extension over my design.
 Ride safe everybody
Ed

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Jody72

check out Ramz's
4" forward
controls on Facebook

Moses Lake, Wa. USA
Reply #17 - 05/20/20 at 16:31:49

thank you ED!  Smiley

IP Logged
Cbiscut05
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 05/20/20 at 23:25:34

Jody72 wrote on 05/19/20 at 15:01:34:
So I sent out my first kit. It will have everything you need no need to buy more nut or bolts. Here it what one looks like.

Might be interested see ending on price shipped 😬

IP Logged
Jody72

check out Ramz's
4" forward
controls on Facebook

Moses Lake, Wa. USA
Reply #19 - 05/21/20 at 09:37:17

Cost is $150 that includes shipping in the USA. I will be doing international shipping soon that adds around $70 to the cost.

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #20 - 05/22/20 at 18:12:19

I just wanted to add a bit of feedback on the forward controls FWIW  Cool. I installed a set of Ed's forward controls and loved them. They changed the ride in a positive way and I felt they made the bike look more 'substantial'. (However, in the long run, they were a little too extended for my short legs And I'm now working on making a 2.5 - 3.0 inch set for myself)

Anyhoo, two points:

1. They come up great when polished to a 600 grit finish and a good rub with Autosol. I tried clear-coat, but cleaned it off as they hold up just fine raw.

2. I trimmed off a lot of the 'excess' aluminium around the bolt holes. While the plates were installed on the bike I simply drew horizontal lines across them, top and bottom, and used a Dremel tool to grind the plates. I also trimmed the leading edges back to the edge of the stock hardware. I reckon they looked great like that. I ran them like that for a few months with no signs of stress. Unfortunately the photos I took are on an old phone that is now out of service.

I still have the plates so I'll take photos and upload for anyone interested to see them. I've begun to make digital templates (with the horizontal top and bottom, they can simply be stretched horizontally for different sizes) so if that comes together I'll share those too.

BTW, as Ed pointed out, your version of the brake cable extender looks great!

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #21 - 05/22/20 at 18:14:24

BTW again, I'm also glad that Ed's project has been taken up again (with his blessing  Grin). I think these are a great contribution to the Savage community and would love to see them develop even further.

I have experience working in vector formats, so if I can lend any assistance just shout out.

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
Jody72

check out Ramz's
4" forward
controls on Facebook

Moses Lake, Wa. USA
Reply #22 - 05/23/20 at 08:34:24

Thanks Islandroad!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #23 - 05/23/20 at 15:36:02

Ed L. wrote on 05/20/20 at 11:09:29:
Well guys I've been quietly following this thread and am glad that Jody has stepped up and is carrying the torch forward with my design. He has my blessing in this endeavor and I wish him all the luck with this.
I'm a bit embarrassed because I left the Savage community out in the cold when I stopped making the forward control kits.

Ed  

Ed:

Anybody that has tried to make and sell a product in their spare time will understand that it eventually can wear you out.  Nobody makes more than just a bit of money on these things - especially when you start to add in the time spend gathering up raw parts, building kits, assembling everything, doing the marketing and communication with buyers, boxing things up, trips to the post office, etc.  This is especially true when very often you only sell a kit every month or two.

Eventually all the time spent in the workshop working on parts for other peoples bikes can wear you out.....and take away all your spare riding time!

Thank you for providing this service during your reign........and for being gracious about the next builder carrying on!

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Jody72

check out Ramz's
4" forward
controls on Facebook

Moses Lake, Wa. USA
Reply #24 - 05/23/20 at 18:06:45

Well said David!

IP Logged
Jody72

check out Ramz's
4" forward
controls on Facebook

Moses Lake, Wa. USA
Reply #25 - 06/01/20 at 09:59:13

im have to rise my price up $10 so there are now $160 that includes shipping in the USA to the lower 48. i am shipping internationally as well. just to give you an idea of international shipping Australia is about $70, $62 Norway

IP Logged
Jody72

check out Ramz's
4" forward
controls on Facebook

Moses Lake, Wa. USA
Reply #26 - 06/22/20 at 12:26:17

I’m planning on taking a trip from Moses Lake wa. to around Trail, British columbia Canada. If you want you can reserve your self a set of forward controls now and pay for them before I leave and meet me up there. I don’t know when I will be going up there do to the Covid 19 crap the latest would be middle of September. So shipping is normally about $52 but if I ride up I will not be charging that might be only $5.

IP Logged
Jody72

check out Ramz's
4" forward
controls on Facebook

Moses Lake, Wa. USA
Reply #27 - 06/27/20 at 11:54:27

The evolution of the y bracket to brake arm/fork and swing bolt. 😁

BCD46D04-5423-465C-871C-18703F2B287D.jpeg

IP Logged
Jody72

check out Ramz's
4" forward
controls on Facebook

Moses Lake, Wa. USA
Reply #28 - 08/04/20 at 19:27:41

i have left over rod for doing the forward controls so if i made the original length shift rod would there be any interest.  Shocked Cool Huh

IP Logged
SavageMan99

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 08/10/20 at 08:30:38

Could I finally lose the OEM kick stand and all the of the bracket with it?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 05:07:02

General CategoryThe Marketplace › Jody's Forward Controls

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.