Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Mole hills and mountains (Read 128 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Re: Mole hills and mountains
Reply #15 - 03/27/20 at 21:08:17

@eegore,

In any case I think calling this nothing more than a bad flu is very inaccurate.

Well it's accurate in the sense that it accurately parrots what Trump said.

Trump's clinical narcissism means he's addicted to praise, he needs his hit daily. When the stock market goes up because he said something he'll point to that immediately, when it goes down he says nothing, any bit of good news and he's at it again. He just needs continual praise.

So if  saying it's just a bad flu and nothing to worry about then the stock market stays up for a few more days. Just like an addict, their life revolves around their next hit, as soon as they get it it all begins again.

It's pretty entertaining. As long as you are not American.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 03/27/20 at 21:21:54

you mean to say the voice count is not a record?

What I heard today is exactly what I said.
Nobody knows exactly who voted for and against..
Is that true?
Dammifino..
Doesn't seem possible
But
Washington....

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 03/28/20 at 04:13:13

I heard it was unanimous.  The Senate was 96-0, and the House was a unanimous voice vote unless I am mistaken.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #18 - 03/28/20 at 04:21:20

Well, when the People are provided a written statement showing who voted and how they voted, and it should be in every newspaper, considering the massive importance, then I'll believe there is a record.
Until it's online or something, I'm gonna wonder about it.
Trump was WRONG to criticize the guy who was trying to make them do things constitutionally..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 03/28/20 at 04:37:19

I'm not sure there was a violation of the Constitution since "a vote without a quorum" does not specify physical humans within the room.  What Massie asked for was everyone to be in the room essentially.  

So the issue isn't the number of votes, its the number present.

This makes sense if we are in 1778 and no audio recordings exist, but given the existence of modern technology I am not so sure we need paper records and witnesses.  Audio records of Representatives saying "Yes" is, to me, adequate, video even more so.

I don't see a reason to burn more tax money getting all these people in a room if we have empirical evidence of how they stand on the issue.  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #20 - 03/28/20 at 04:44:32

He demanded a quorum
He got a it
That doesn't tell us who was there.
And
Burning taxpayers money is what happened.

You seen summa the organisations getting millions?
Talk about some Bullshit..

I'm not satisfied it was done ethically, at all.
When deciding on
Voice vote
Pelosi counts those who stand for the
Push your button and record your vote
Vote..
Then ,regardless of how many stand,
It's a voice vote and WE don't know who did what.

I hope I'm wrong and the voters get to see who voted and how.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 03/28/20 at 04:49:48

I just think we need to update procedures.

Telling Representatives they have to congregate during a pandemic is flat out irresponsible if there are alternate methods.

I don't agree with all the aspects of the stimulus, but at this time I don't have a team to go through all 800 pages and review it, so anything I've seen on it, to me, is pure conjecture and not fact.

Video Representation I think should be looked at in the future.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 03/28/20 at 06:17:01

No way I want Congress to go video. It will turn Congress into even more of a Twitter like environment than it already is. Gotta show up in person to vote for everything. If you get sick and die, too darn bad, You wanted the job, you got it.

Highly unlikely this virus was man-made as an intended weapon anyway. Why would you make a corona virus? Why not engineer a measles virus, MeV? Far more contagious. This mutation of a common virus type, corona, that gained a foothold in animals and made the jump to humans like many virus strains do.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 03/28/20 at 14:14:53

"Gotta show up in person to vote for everything. If you get sick and die, too darn bad, You wanted the job, you got it."

My concern is who they will spread the disease to when they leave.  Or we have to go even less efficient and keep them in quarantine status for 14-18 days.  

I'm not sure how a recording of "Yes" or "No" could become a Twitter event, but I think that a series of controls, just like the rules that already exist for speaking in State, could be put into place.  It's not a free-for all now, allowing video in crisis won't make it one.  

"Why not engineer a measles virus, MeV? Far more contagious"

I agree.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 18:46:17

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Mole hills and mountains

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.