Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Pre-Lock Down trip.
03/20/20 at 16:56:49

I was supposed to go to a seminar in Hopkinsville, KY last Thursday, and since it was a 4 hour trip I booked a hotel for Wednesday night.  Because of the Coronavirus the seminar was cancelled - but thanks to Booking.com I was not able to cancel the room.

So - since I was paying for a hotel I decided to haul the motorcycle down and ride in the Land Between the Lakes area and see what it was all about.  The weather forecast had a good chance of dry weather on Thursday morning with Thunderstorms later in the day....it was worth a shot that I might get a ride in.  Turns out it rained and rained and rained and the bike never came out of the trailer.

The "drive" around the area was a real eye opener, as there was so little that I could do.  The scenery was not great in the rain, when it did dry out I could get out of the car and do a little bit of walking.  The Buffalo were not out in the viewing area, all of the park offices and information centers were closed, all of the museums and other attractions were closed.  All I could do was drive, look at some scenery through the wet windshield, and get carry out food from restaurants and eat in my car.

So, my advice is to not travel to anyplace where you are going to be dependent on the Park Service or other government organizations - or plan on doing any museums or attractions.  If you are going to remote areas to camp, fish or hike - you will likely be OK.  Food stores were open and had most things if you didn't need bread or toilet paper.  Gas is cheap, traffic is good - I do think that campgrounds are going to be crowded this year as folks may not be able to go anywhere else!  

It will be an interesting spring/summer.  I plan on avoiding crowds and public places, and spending time at home or riding the motorcycle.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 23:48:01

General CategoryThe Cafe › Pre-Lock Down trip.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.