Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Universal health care but not if you're old. Aaaah (Read 20 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Universal health care but not if you're old. Aaaah
03/16/20 at 12:11:50

Oh yea universal health care, wonderfully in place in Italy. Paid by tax payers. Works so well.

Except if you are over 80, which means you paid into the system for what, 60+ yrs and …
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/14/italians-80-will-left-die-country...

Coronavirus victims in Italy will be denied access to intensive care if they are aged 80 or more or in poor health should pressure on beds increase, a document prepared by a crisis management unit in Turin proposes.

Some patients denied intensive care will in effect be left to die, doctors fear.

So yup we need that here. Atleast that way, Biden and Bernie will be the first on the list.
BTW why did Italy get hit so hard in the first place ? Migrants ? Or is the general poor hygiene they are ridiculed about often. I thought polish were worse because I've heard many jokes about polish being filthy but I have heard Italian too.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Re: Universal health care but not if you're old. A
Reply #1 - 03/16/20 at 15:29:38

"BTW why did Italy get hit so hard in the first place ? Migrants ? Or is the general poor hygiene they are ridiculed about often. "

Maybe this. There are a lot of Chinese in Northern Italy. They undoubtedly travel back and forth. Possibly how it got started there too.

https://www.ecnmy.org/engage/prato-chinese-stuff-look-around/

I have also seen some speculation that Chinese are unusually susceptible  to serious illness from this bug.

That might explain the massive clampdown on information coming out of China except from "official" sources once the epidemic really got going over there.

Most of the rest of the world doesn't believe that the Chinese numbers, particularly the number of deaths that they are reporting, are accurate. anyway.

I haven't seen anywhere a breakdown of deaths in Italy by ethnicity though.  It's likely we never will.

There is a lot we don't know about this bug yet.

We don't know what we don't know either.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Universal health care but not if you're old. A
Reply #2 - 03/16/20 at 15:33:33

Oh yea Chinese in Northern Italy - Going back to the days of Return of the Dragon LOL I knew that.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/09/24 at 22:24:35

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Universal health care but not if you're old. Aaaah

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.