Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hi all from the welsh valleys. (Read 81 times)
Buttsy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Hi all from the welsh valleys.
02/29/20 at 03:29:17

Got a bit more time on my hands today, so thought id introduce myself properly. Im a 46 year old welshman and had my savage about 2 years, but decided to change a few things which some may hate but here goes. Ive had my swingarm altered in width and length to fit a Harley 240 rear wheel, with matching brake, master cylinder and spindle. Ive changed the front end to a gsxr 750 front with usd forks and twin calipers with custom slab yokes made as i dont like the gsxr ones. The frame has been chopped for a single bobber seat and will be changing the carb to a round slide and suitable filter as air box has gone. It will have highway hawk beach bars and new lights and indicators. The only original bits will be the engine, frame and tank. I bought a brand new tank and raptor petcock.  I didnt do the swingarm and wont be jetting the carb or doing the electrics myself but will be doing the rest, which is mainly mixing the right parts to get it to work. Ive been a member here for a few months but will post pics when i get the bike mocked up. I use to ride a chop with a 360 rear wheel, 210 front and bandit 1200 engine but i developed a bad hip so decided to get rid of that and go for something i can handle without it hurting. I loved the look of the savage with the single cylinder and after seeing them bobbed out i was hooked. Anyway, thats me, so thank you for the membership and i'll keep posting my progress as and when im able.

« Last Edit: 02/29/20 at 04:53:14 by Buttsy »  
  IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Re: Hi all from the welsh valleys.
Reply #1 - 02/29/20 at 04:18:50

Welcome. I really need to see photos of your machine.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Armen
Serious Thumper

Half-Witted
Wrench-Jockey from
Jersey

Reply #2 - 02/29/20 at 07:00:39

Wow!
Pics, please!

In theory, theory and reality are the same. In reality, they aren't...
  IP Logged
RocketScienceSmurf

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Sweden
Reply #3 - 02/29/20 at 11:18:04

Sounds wicked! Would love to see some pics.

IP Logged
Buttsy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 02/29/20 at 12:46:46

Ive got a few pics of the rear wheel and swingarm which i'll post as soon as ive figured out how to do that off my android. I dont have the frame etc at the mo but it should be back in a few weeks and i'll post pics at every stage and what I did to get there. Thank you for the welcome, this forum has been a great help already and im looking forward to being part of it.

IP Logged
Buttsy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 03/04/20 at 23:43:40

I did some digging and the mikuni round slide vm36-4 seems to be the part number so ordered one off ebay that came to £112 delivered.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 20:23:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hi all from the welsh valleys.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.