Send Topic Print
Corona V (Read 1226 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Corona V
Reply #15 - 02/26/20 at 05:13:37

I don't remember any such warnings from the CDC during either of the Ebola outbreaks in recent years even though that disease had a death rate of something like 80% and there were a few cases in this country and at least one death.

What's got them spooked this time?

When I saw that yesterday I was surprised.

1) This is a drastic over reaction by someone whose entire life is wrapped up in worst case scenarios. Perfect example of “can’t see the forest for the trees”. Never should have been issued.

2) This was someone’s purposeful attempt to harm Trump’s re-election. Sure, sounds crazy but I don’t put anything past people who’d make up stories like a 17 year old future Supreme Court justice running massive rape parties in high school.

3) It’s entirely appropriate and perhaps should have been done during Ebola.

4) They know something they don’t want to say to avoid panic and this is a gentle way of preparing for an upcoming disaster of epic proportions.

My vote is number 1. We had 1” of snow forecasted last night for this morning and every local TV station was in “storm mode”

Humanity survives because viruses cannot survive exposed to the atmosphere for very long. Some minutes, some hours, days, at most under perfect conditions, a couple weeks. Embedded in a piece of dead tissue, I remember it said, a few strains can survive years but that’s rare and hard to infect unless you go around eating toenails you find on the floor.  

If they could survive in the open air for months or years, we’d all have been dead a long time ago. (It’s an arguable point whether viruses are technically alive to begin with but that’s another story). It’s a virtual certainty we’ll survive this one as well, mostly by well known and simple procedures.

However, there’s always a first time...

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #16 - 02/26/20 at 05:50:08

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)

Seems it was known all along....however.   Huh

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #17 - 02/26/20 at 06:04:46

Quote:
2) This was someone’s purposeful attempt to harm Trump’s re-election. Sure, sounds crazy but I don’t put anything past people who’d make up stories like a 17 year old future Supreme Court justice running massive rape parties in high school.

On the evening news last night, and again this morning -local CBS affiliate- right after the report on the CDC warning, the anchor played a medley of quotes from the usual cast of democrat party bottom feeders; Schumer, Blumenthal, and a couple of others.

They all said the same thing. Trump is behind the curve. Isn't doing enough. Dosen't have a plan. Yada,Yada,Yada.

They are already gleefully rubbing their hands together hoping this turns into Trumps version of Hurricane Katrina.

Nothing would make these a*sholes happier than a few hundred, or even a few thousand dead American citizens, and an economy in free fall.

Sooner or later Mad Maxine or one of the other certified loons in the democrat cabal is going to blame Trump for sneaking the virus into china in his suitcase last time he visited.

Just wait.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 02/26/20 at 06:14:15

I can see how it could get kinda serious here, but I don't see any
Mad Max, post apocalyptic stuff.
Seems like there is a regularly scheduled crisis. It's gonna Gitchya!
Why get excited?
We only have twelve more years anyway..
Right?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #19 - 02/26/20 at 07:01:08

And they're already saying Trump has cut funding to some Obama era crap that makes the virus impossible to deal with.
Let see, gubbamint bureaucrats wanting more gubbamint $$$ for more gubbamint crap.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #20 - 02/26/20 at 07:13:49

WebsterMark wrote on 02/26/20 at 05:13:37:

Easy, The economy is doing great and Trump is draining their swamp. Looks like 8 more years at this rate and that's just unbearable for them.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #21 - 02/26/20 at 07:14:51

[quote author=536D6C60726E6F010 link=1582483063/15#17 date=1582725886] Quote:
" ...  certified loons in the democrat cabal is going to blame Trump for sneaking the virus into china in his suitcase last time he visited.  Just wait.

Now there is a scenario which is totaly believable that a TDS person/s would do !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #22 - 02/26/20 at 09:13:25

Flu has a mortality rate of 0.05%...
Corona seems to be 1 to 3%...
About 25,000 die of flu yearly in the US.
Deaths could go over 1 million.

Wish I had stock in hand sanitizer and wet wipes.  Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #23 - 02/26/20 at 09:14:15

My question about the virus.......

Why is it that most do not die?
One would think if its deadly, of and by itself, then it, the symptoms, effects, would not vary so much.
How much does a person overall health, environment, etc, play into it?

Maybe the fix lies in California.....
They could outlaw it...yes?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #24 - 02/26/20 at 09:30:07

The usual,.. most victims are the weak, the very young, and males over 50.
It should therefore affect Trump voters disproportionately.

Obviously,.. it's a conspiracy... Grin

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #25 - 02/26/20 at 10:17:53

Quote:
Deaths could go over 1 million.

assuming a 3% fatality rate that would take 30 million infections. That seems unlikely.

y/x =p

y - dead
x -  infected
p - death rate

1000000/30000000 = 0.03
0.03 x 100  = 3 ( convert decimal to %)

The actual fatality rate could be much higher than 3% though. The 3%  is computed using the known cases and deaths right now. A bunch of those infected folks might just not have died yet. But the daily totals of dead/infected are all we have to go on until the disease runs it's course and the actual totals for the entire episode are known.

OTOH when the dead people that the Chinese authorities haven't managed to cremate yet start getting up and shuffling back home, then we've got a real problem. Wink

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 02/26/20 at 10:18:46

WebsterMark wrote on 02/26/20 at 05:13:37:
I don't remember any such warnings from the CDC during either of the Ebola outbreaks in recent years even though that disease had a death rate of something like 80% and there were a few cases in this country and at least one death.

When I saw that yesterday I was surprised.

1) This is a drastic over reaction by someone whose entire life is wrapped up in worst case scenarios. Perfect example of “can’t see the forest for the trees”. Never should have been issued.

3) It’s entirely appropriate and perhaps should have been done during Ebola.

4) They know something they don’t want to say to avoid panic and this is a gentle way of preparing for an upcoming disaster of epic proportions.

My vote is number 1. We had 1” of snow forecasted last night for this morning and every local TV station was in “storm mode”

Humanity survives because viruses cannot survive exposed to the atmosphere for very long. Some minutes, some hours, days, at most under perfect conditions, a couple weeks. Embedded in a piece of dead tissue, I remember it said, a few strains can survive years but that’s rare and hard to infect unless you go around eating toenails you find on the floor.  

If they could survive in the open air for months or years, we’d all have been dead a long time ago. (It’s an arguable point whether viruses are technically alive to begin with but that’s another story). It’s a virtual certainty we’ll survive this one as well, mostly by well known and simple procedures.

However, there’s always a first time...

I see the CDC has already walked back their comments from yesterday. Seems like number 1 above is the winner.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #27 - 02/26/20 at 11:54:06

Well all I can say is I am buying, not selling.......

Not sure if the market is being used......
But whatever it is, it is offering a opportunity to grab some good deals.

Watch the institutionalized money, not the speculators on manipulators  Wink  

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #28 - 02/26/20 at 13:58:00

"In an open letter published by The Lancet, over two dozen scientists, health experts and epidemiologists dispute a conspiracy theory that the virus is a bioweapon made in a lab near Wuhan, the center of the outbreak. “We stand together to strongly condemn conspiracy theories suggesting that COVID-19 does not have a natural origin,” they write. “Scientists from multiple countries have published and analyzed genomes of the causative agent…and they overwhelmingly conclude that this coronavirus originated in wildlife as have so many other emerging pathogens.”"

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #29 - 02/26/20 at 14:28:52

The democrats are salivating at the idea of hundreds of thousands dead.
Not just for the potential of damage to Trump, but because suddenly they will have that many more voters.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 15
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/20/24 at 04:24:24

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Corona V

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.