stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: Use Safety Guards...
Reply #15 - 02/18/20 at 20:27:36

Just to clarify, mine has a guard but it broke partially Saturday, but I kept using it in a rush to finish things for an upcoming appraisal on the house. So...I got lucky the rest of the day Saturday, but Sunday I got complacent and reached in to grab a board before the brake stopped the blade, and WHAM!

Lesson learned!

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #16 - 02/18/20 at 20:31:57

Dave wrote on 02/18/20 at 19:12:07:
Man - some folks go to a lot of trouble to avoid a spring ride!

If I am not able to ride solo by that time, you or MM better be ready for a passenger for the weekend  Grin Grin Grin

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #17 - 02/18/20 at 21:27:58

Hay Stew , I've got a CORBIN on the V-7  .  Smiley

It is "SO EASY"  to get hurt !    I really hurt for ya , just from looking at the picture .  Embarrassed

I hope you heal quick.   That is going to be a real scar , you should start making a good story to go with it now.  

Yea , a mark like that can lend its self to  some REALLY GOOD tales :
So.
Which one of the wars were you in ?
What did the LION do after trying to hold hands with ya ?
So , how did the rest of the BULL FIGHT go ?
...... ???
Wink

Really I believe the Good Lord made that a lot less severe than it could have been.   I'm glad you can still grip a handlebar (after it heals) .   The CMAUSA  might need you in the future ?  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #18 - 02/18/20 at 22:59:06

Lots of vitamin C while your healing.
Your hand will heal but Im afraid you have Brain damage.
Gotta layoff the PBR Whiskey 🥃

My hand hurts just lookin at that pic

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #19 - 02/19/20 at 07:25:41

Day 3. No pain meds since early morning Tuesday. Still swollen in the trauma area but otherwise good. I can make a tight fist with strong grip and full extension of all fingers.

I have the gorey pice of my hand filleted open at the hospital and video of the ER doc exploring the wound, poking at bones, pulling on cartilage, etc...but I will spare you with another PG13 pic.

Maybe drinking all that PBR whiskey before starting that project was a bad idea? Cheesy

20200218_2158512.jpg

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 02/19/20 at 10:21:27

Some things should not be messed with if much alcohol is involved.
The bigger the hazard
The less alcohol required to say no.
Guns, power tools that can remove body parts, not much alcohol needed to stop messing with those.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #21 - 02/19/20 at 10:30:21

Just teasin'.  I was stone cold sober.  Wish I wasn't so that could be an excuse for my error, but I have to own this one  Sad

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #22 - 02/19/20 at 11:25:49

stewmills wrote on 02/19/20 at 07:25:41:
Day 3. No pain meds since early morning Tuesday. Still swollen in the trauma area but otherwise good. I can make a tight fist with strong grip and full extension of all fingers.

Then you are good to ride!!!  Cheesy That's all that matters.. right?

Glad to hear (and see) that you are healing up OK.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #23 - 02/19/20 at 19:12:42

I finally got around to downloading my security camera footage, with audio. My hands and saw were just out of view of the camera so you can't see the actual impact by a foot or so, but you can hear the saw running and then a big "clang/thud" as I then jump up and grab my hand.  

Had to watch it. That morbid curiosity...

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #24 - 02/19/20 at 22:25:25

stewmills wrote on 02/19/20 at 10:30:21:
Just teasin'.  I was stone cold sober.  Wish I wasn't so that could be an excuse for my error, but I have to own this one  Sad

Let the truth set you free

Sorry Stewy just couldn't help myself

Finally got my meds right after 1 1/2 years
Mister Nice Guy is gone and Ruttly is back !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #25 - 02/20/20 at 06:49:53

Ruttly wrote on 02/19/20 at 22:25:25:
Finally got my meds right after 1 1/2 years
Mister Nice Guy is gone and Ruttly is back !

I just thought you were real busy lately?  Glad you're ready to share the hate again  Grin Grin Grin

FWIW, my older brother was not feeling well for years, testosterone issues and all that it brings, etc. Bad headaches. Regular Dr. just fed him pills. Urologist in Atlanta finally did proper tests and found a pituitary tumor that was jacking his levels all up. Too small to operate, but after many months of adjust some meds to counteract the pituitary issues and straighten out testosterone and headaches, he is an 18 year old in a 48 year old body.  Point being...make sure to get your WHOLE body checked out. In his case, the CT scan of his head told the tale.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Reply #26 - 02/21/20 at 09:14:34

Stew,
I feel for you. That looks like a bad cut, hope it heals quickly and well.

You just proved that all it takes is to let your guard down for a second. No pun intended.

Get well quickly.

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #27 - 02/21/20 at 12:08:53

Well Norm , now if he had the guard down that SPINNING blade  wouldn't have grabbed his glove & hand , lucky his cat like skills kept his hand from being completely sucked into the blade. Wasn't too much further and he would have cut it off. I have seen so many gory accidents with SPINNING equipment that I could be typing here for days. I'm not joking if it SPINS it can take any body part or your life in a split second. So replace your broken guards ASAP. I used a old table saw with no brake or guard for years and always used a stick to push the board being cut thru the SPINNING blade and we would lower the blade below the deck then turn it off. One day I had to take it apart to replace the motor and it was blood stained and also found a finger nail with some shriveled up flesh on it from some UNLUCKY fingerless person who knew it all and didn't follow those safety procedures. Stewy has two things to that will keep him from repeating his mistake the scar and me constantly reminding him. Be safe guys not all accidents turn out so well , Stewy was really lucky !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #28 - 02/21/20 at 12:13:32

Looks like it's healing up very nice.

Nice straight cut Stewy !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #29 - 02/21/20 at 12:33:00

Yeah I'm thinking we can keep this thread going for at least a couple of years , decades  Grin Grin Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 18:05:06

General CategoryThe Cafe › Use Safety Guards...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.