Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Can't help but want one of these ! (Read 60 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Can't help but want one of these !
02/12/20 at 09:31:11

Yea , Right , I really don't need another bike !  

But I've wanted one of these since before I got my first Savage , and now here comes this with only 1,500 miles on it for a really WINTER TIME price !

So , has anybody had one of these ?  

and

How hard is it to lower the seat on a mono-shock dirt bike ?

Huh

DR650.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
DieselBob

Thumper - One Who
Thumps

Goshen, IN
Re: Can't help but want one of these !
Reply #1 - 02/12/20 at 10:18:36

Not sure if you hope to do serious off-road work. And if so, you may wish to retain all the available travel. If not, below is an option that's much easier than carving up the seat. And rarely do you find these as adjustable.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ADJUSTABLE-LOWERING-LINKS-FOR-A-SUZUKI-DR-650/202653...

IP Logged
Juliana

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 02/12/20 at 11:38:01

Always liked the DR 350, DR 650 too, seems a pretty much bullet proof engine. My brother had one for years and covered crazy distances on it in Australia,

Way, way too tall for me tho sadly.

Lowering links are the way to go and the two dogbones simple and easy to replace to get a lowered height, you can buy them at different lengths depending on the drop you want..usually 1, 2 and 3 inches. You do need to lower the front too tho by sliding the forks thu the triple clamp and also cut the side stand and get the foot welded back on if you intend keeping the original sidestand Smiley

IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #3 - 02/12/20 at 13:14:41

I have a DRZ400. Mine is set up for street duty only. It's a fun hooligan bike on the street. On the trail it's heavy and underpowered. I'd think that the power of the DR650 would be similar to the -400, but the weight is even higher. But if you can get it for cheep, I'd say buy it...a low price can off-set a heavy bike.

They are tall bikes. Do not use lowering links on a mono shock bike. It changes the ratio of the lower cushion (not the seat, part of the lower link). The shock can be lowered internally. 3/4" on the shaft results in 2" lowering of the seat height.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 06:53:47

General CategoryThe Cafe › Can't help but want one of these !

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.