Send Topic Print
Book of Mormon. (Read 186 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Book of Mormon.
Reply #15 - 01/28/20 at 18:42:52

Beheaded Christians and murdered queers are probably curious which Muslim killed them.
We should import more.
Maybe we can have what Paris has.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 01/28/20 at 19:19:20

"'As usual,'  he was just inaugurated; he was railroaded from the get go..."

Well he was statistically wrong as there were fewer people at his inauguration.  That's just math.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #17 - 01/28/20 at 19:46:55

Eegore wrote on 01/28/20 at 19:19:20:
"'As usual,'  he was just inaugurated; he was railroaded from the get go..."

Well he was statistically wrong as there were fewer people at his inauguration.  That's just math.  

I heard too many biker gangs were not allowed to get in. Obviously they wouldn't let the KKK in so that's atleast 30-40K and obviously some got tired of waiting in the metal detector lines and having to remove all their guns and bullets and when got to the other side there was such confusion whose guns and whose bullets were which. Obviously many logistical problems like these.
Not to mention strict gun control laws in the DC area kept many many from even trying to attend. Obviously as they crossed the invisible barrier to DC they knew their gund would disappear, but then they didn't quite believe that when they crossed back out the guns will reappear - obviously that how gun free zones work - d-uh.
Then ofcourse these people when "fully loaded" weighed like 500lb, cos they believed that if they didn't use their rights, they would lose them. So they arrived late, several days late.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Irish Bill
YaBB Newbies

O'l Skool Street
Bobbers Rule

Fenimore, New York
Reply #18 - 01/28/20 at 19:51:46

Hey I'm Jewish... Psychopath Muslims hate Jews just like me just like they hate Christians and there own people... Psychopath Muslims also kill there own... Isnt religion amazing??? God creates man and man is the one who created religion... But if you look in the Old Testament there is so much war and violence sanctioned by God, so what religion is right???

1996 Suzuki Savage Street Bobber, Arlen Ness Air Filter, El Diablo Ape Hangers, Kuryakyn Flame Mirrors with more parts to come...
WWW   IP Logged
Irish Bill
YaBB Newbies

O'l Skool Street
Bobbers Rule

Fenimore, New York
Reply #19 - 01/28/20 at 19:53:40

Now how the hell did the topic of religion come up on the SAVAGE SITE???

1996 Suzuki Savage Street Bobber, Arlen Ness Air Filter, El Diablo Ape Hangers, Kuryakyn Flame Mirrors with more parts to come...
WWW   IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #20 - 01/29/20 at 03:18:11

Irish Bill wrote on 01/28/20 at 16:55:16:
A true Muslim will NOT try and convert a Christian or a Jew... It is in the Quran... Also the Quran says if a man kill another they have kill mankind... If a man saves a life he has saved mankind... In Islam it is a sin to kill... I have studied Christianity and Buddhism as well... I am Jewish... Mormonism is a sect of Christianity... Buddhism is NOT a religion but honestly a way of life...

Just my 2 cents...

Hi Nrr boot
Mormonism is not a sect of Christianity. They believe that the trinity is three gods and believers will become gods  and get a planet themselves.

Sects of Christianity will follow the Nicaea creed, that leaves out Mormons and Jehovah witnesses.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 01/29/20 at 04:56:01

Irish Bill wrote on 01/28/20 at 19:53:40:
Now how the hell did the topic of religion come up on the SAVAGE SITE???

You sat down at the tall table. Speak your mind, we need more to pull up a chair.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 01/29/20 at 04:58:47

Religion is amazing. It has done more to advance the cause of peace and goodwill than anything else.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #23 - 01/29/20 at 07:28:30

Eegore wrote on 01/28/20 at 16:05:56:
"BTW the Idiots who said Trump's inauguration was not as crowded as Hopey - of course it was less crowded"

My understanding is that Trump said it was larger, and people were, as usual, contesting a statement made by the POTUS to be fact.

Maybe he included all the people that were out protesting that day... after all, it was his day whether they were for or against.

WWW   IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 01/29/20 at 16:10:37

"Religion is amazing. It has done more to advance the cause of peace and goodwill than anything else."

Just like anything it has good and bad qualities, but I'm not sure what parameters need to be put in place to correctly identify religion as a primary provider of goodwill and peace.

For example are we saying that if a person is religious and also develops a way to grow viable crops in third world countries, is that religion, or science?

Or lets take the Catholic development of creating medical care centers like hospitals.  Is it religion that cures clinically diagnosed diseases, or science?  

IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #25 - 01/30/20 at 03:22:41

Hi Eegore
Why can't be both?
Science and faith to me go hand and hand.
When as Christians discovered that nature was not Devine we could experiment on it.
I am not a young earth theory, I believe the Garden and parts of evolution.
I look at DNA as a design not by chance.
God created the world in seven days (how long are God's days?).
We care for the poor , the sick and the lame.
Christians are Crist like, so He healed, we work on healing.
We pray and also work on ways and medicines to fix ailments.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 01/30/20 at 03:41:01

"Why can't be both?"

I don't see why it couldn't be.

I just wonder where the cutoff is.  For instance my examples the religious aspect is directly present, as in a religious botanist develops an efficient growing system.  This equals religion being the potential catalyst for scientific growth.

But does the same apply if the botanist is not religious?  Is it still a religious act because farming is in the Bible or other Texts and as such all forms of future plant growing are now influenced by religion?

Would an Atheist Botanist that develops viable crop growth in harsh environments be categorized under the category of goodwill based from religion?

IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #27 - 01/31/20 at 09:07:18

Eegore,
I know a number of atheist that are good people, and Christians that are not.
But however it must come down to a world view that is open for development.
The western view (even with all its warts) leads us to a place that allows for experimentation.  

Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson had only deist view of God but both contributed in good ways to the understanding of the world.

Take that in contrast to Stalin and Maos world, There was not much good that grew out of it .

I believe that one  has to have a good environment to flourish.  

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 01/31/20 at 15:49:01

"I believe that one  has to have a good environment to flourish."

I agree.  I am just wondering where the cutoff is when indicating that religion has valuable input.

Would an Atheist Botanist that develops viable crop growth in harsh environments be categorized under the category of goodwill based from religion?

Or would this be something else entirely?

IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #29 - 01/31/20 at 17:22:38

Eegore wrote on 01/31/20 at 15:49:01:
"I believe that one  has to have a good environment to flourish."

I agree.  I am just wondering where the cutoff is when indicating that religion has valuable input.

Or would this be something else entirely?

Eegore probably not, but do we give credit to  religion  for the works of
, Pascal,
Galileo, and others?, a list here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lay_Catholic_scientists

And that's just the Catholics there are plenty of Prostant and Jewish scientists too

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 02:29:54

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Book of Mormon.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.